So who’s good?

BigWinners

11 hours ago, stan.the.man said:

how do you think they will do in the Arby's??

It'll be tough given the competition. 

10 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I think Troy Henderson is still at Lancaster. He played against Northampton. 

If he's still at Lancaster, they have to be the overwhelming favorites. I was lead to believe he transferred to John Marshall.

13 hours ago, stan.the.man said:

how do you think they will do in the Arby's??

Against Dorman?  Ha!

They will have a fighter's chance in the 6th place bracket, however if they're playing a northeast Tennessee school, the refs will probably give benefit of the doubt calls to the Tennessee school.  Just ask Twin Springs fans that these last couple of years.

7 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Against Dorman?  Ha!

They will have a fighter's chance in the 6th place bracket, however if they're playing a northeast Tennessee school, the refs will probably give benefit of the doubt calls to the Tennessee school.  Just ask Twin Springs fans that these last couple of years.

If we have a fighting chance in the 6th place bracket, I'll be thrilled lol

Went to see Carroll County and Honaker Monday night in Hillsville. Carroll isn't quite as good as they have been recently but Alyssa Ervin sure is. She had 43 points, 11 rebounds and 7 steals in the 60-56 win for the Cavs. 

2 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Went to see Carroll County and Honaker Monday night in Hillsville. Carroll isn't quite as good as they have been recently but Alyssa Ervin sure is. She had 43 points, 11 rebounds and 7 steals in the 60-56 win for the Cavs. 

Was there any retribution for the ponytail grab that went viral a couple of weeks ago, that Honaker fans decried a little to the extreme for?

42 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Won't win 13th region though.  That's going to the future Vol killer Trent Noah and the Harlan County Black Bears.  🙂

Probably right about 13th region.  He wont be a Vol Killer though toiling away at USCjr.  Might as well have gone to Duke if he wanted to be a white guy getting the crap kicked out of him in basketball by UT.

44 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Was there any retribution for the ponytail grab that went viral a couple of weeks ago, that Honaker fans decried a little to the extreme for?

Oooh, I hadn't seen anything viral. I avoid social media so, I don't see that stuff. What did I miss?

2 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Oooh, I hadn't seen anything viral. I avoid social media so, I don't see that stuff. What did I miss?

Carroll County girl (I believe it was Ervin, actually, but not 100% sure) and Honaker girl were both going for an inbounds pass and the Carroll County girl yanked the Honaker girl down by the ponytail.  Wasn't called a foul, just out of bounds, possession Carroll County.  

Honaker fans went a little to the extreme on Facebook 1)because it wasn't called a foul, so they went mad on the refs and 2)thought the play by the Carroll County girl was dirty, decrying she should "lose her scholarship", "be banned for the season", etc. which is why I assume it was the Ervin girl.  I don't know what she looks like so that's why I don't know for sure it was her.

30 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

Probably right about 13th region.  He wont be a Vol Killer though toiling away at USCjr.  Might as well have gone to Duke if he wanted to be a white guy getting the crap kicked out of him in basketball by UT.

Boy they do beat up on Filipowski don't they, or everyone for that matter...  We need another Grayson Allen to even the terms.  Lol

16 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Carroll County girl (I believe it was Ervin, actually, but not 100% sure) and Honaker girl were both going for an inbounds pass and the Carroll County girl yanked the Honaker girl down by the ponytail.  Wasn't called a foul, just out of bounds, possession Carroll County.  

Honaker fans went a little to the extreme on Facebook 1)because it wasn't called a foul, so they went mad on the refs and 2)thought the play by the Carroll County girl was dirty, decrying she should "lose her scholarship", "be banned for the season", etc. which is why I assume it was the Ervin girl.  I don't know what she looks like so that's why I don't know for sure it was her.

Have they never watched a girls basketball or soccer game before? That stuff happens all the time. All the time!!!

3 hours ago, sixcat said:

Didn't realize she was still there. I have a friend from Hillsville that keeps me in the loop with the Cavs, but he hadn't mentioned girls hoops lately....Been too occupied with the Greer hire lol

She's a straight up baller. 

Graham is at Bluefield tonight in the old high school gym.  I don't think it has the capacity to hold the crowd to show up.  I hear when they get to 1000, they are going to turn folks away.  Should be interesting to see how Graham stacks up.  Bluefield always fields a good basketball team and this year is no exception.  Still seems like Graham isn't in basketball shape yet, from what I've watched.  They play Bluefield again in a couple weeks, that might be a better indicator.

40 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Graham is at Bluefield tonight in the old high school gym.  I don't think it has the capacity to hold the crowd to show up.  I hear when they get to 1000, they are going to turn folks away.  Should be interesting to see how Graham stacks up.  Bluefield always fields a good basketball team and this year is no exception.  Still seems like Graham isn't in basketball shape yet, from what I've watched.  They play Bluefield again in a couple weeks, that might be a better indicator.

Pretty sure I seen somewhere that they are only selling tickets online. And when are schools in the area going to get rid of their insanely small gyms. Sure culture has a big thing to do w it but not a lot a people care abt the culture bc they can’t even watch a game. Chilhowie and honaker are probably the worst in the area. Ig honaker is just waiting to consolidate with Lebanon and use their gym and chilhowie waiting to consolidate with Marion and use northwoods

4 hours ago, gwloyal said:

Didn't realize she was still there. I have a friend from Hillsville that keeps me in the loop with the Cavs, but he hadn't mentioned girls hoops lately....Been too occupied with the Greer hire lol

She's a straight up baller. 

I play a bit of golf with her dad Jon. He played at GW back in the day. 

23 minutes ago, gwloyal said:

You serious??

Never would have made that connection. Not only does she get it from her dad, but she get's it from her grandpa Kenny. Kenny is the real baller lol

Kenny Wayne is a freakin rock-star. That whole family is something. 

3 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Link available? Graham smashed Grayson but not sure that means much. 

https://www.facebook.com/videostreamWV

They have a youtube channel too.

https://www.youtube.com/@WVVideoProductions

Just scroll down the page to the Bluefield vs Graham game.  Check around 7:00 to see if the stream has started yet.  Game is supposed to start at 7:15, but JV game is already over.