BEST D"S

marshallman

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I give a slight edge to Graham for what they were able to do against Richlands.

They forced all those turnovers and stuffed Richlands for the most part. The pressure they were putting on them with the blitzing forced the fumbles and bad snaps as well as the INT. They stripped McCracken at the Goaline.

The big pass play to Arms right before half-time was huge I thought.

You have to take into account the offense Richlands has as well. They put pressure on you to do different things, knowing they are gonna score big points. Teams in this area can't compete with them offensively. If they stop you a couple of times your already in a hole, especially for teams around here. Then you try and do things you probably shouldn't do or aren't accustomed to.

DO DOUT RICHLANDS DEFENSE IS GREAT THOUGH!

JUST MY OPINION and why I gave a slight edge to Graham.

[ QUOTE ]

ahhh vhsdevil is just mad bc his team couldnt get it done..i mean richlands has the best D hands down.... they put up 40 and ur lucky to score...they r the best in swva right now

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT!? haha

Your an idiot! haha

What, in that statement that I made says I'm angry about anything?

This thread is asking for an opinion and I gave mine. Don't start crap just because you don't agree.

JUST DUMB!

Besides we were never lucky to score on Richlands. Va High scored in both games on Richlands 1st team Defense. The 2nd game we scored 2 times on Richlands 1st team defense.

BUT WHO CARES, IT'S NOT IMPORTANT!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

ahhh vhsdevil is just mad bc his team couldnt get it done..i mean richlands has the best D hands down.... they put up 40 and ur lucky to score...they r the best in swva right now

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT!? haha

Your an idiot! haha

This thread is asking for an opinion and I gave mine. Don't start crap just because you don't agree.

JUST DUMB!

Besides we were never lucky to score on Richlands. Va High scored in both games on Richlands 1st team Defense. The 2nd game we scored 2 times on Richlands 1st team defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Va High did not score twice against richlands 1st team defense in the playoff game..they left their starters in the entire game when richlands had their JV team in..they didn't even bother with the 2nd team..it went straight to the JV..and VaHigh threw two long passes tryin to run the score up so it wouldn't look as bad upon them..even though richlands could have held them to zero points and put 100 on them..but we take our starters out when the game is decided which it was decided in the 1st quarter of that game some would say it was decided before the game even kicked off..but nonetheless we took our players out and they left their starters in..and i can understand if they are seniors and playing their last game..but if you are getting it handed to you..its just embarrassin that you leave ur starters in just to make the score closer than what the game really is..

Yes they did score 2 times on the 1st team!

They did leave their starters in for the entire game

(YOUR RIGHT) and scored 2 more on others.

They would have never have scored 100 dang points!

Yet Again ...DUMB! haha

LIKE I SAID BEFORE:

WHO CARES!

[ QUOTE ]

Yet Again ...DUMB! haha

LIKE I SAID BEFORE:

WHO CARES!

[/ QUOTE ]

COACH!!! Stop calling people DUMB!!! This is like the 10th time you've done that. Someone says something you don't like, you call them dumb. There is too much name calling on this board and we don't need a "TEACHER/ FOOTBALL & TRACK COACH" being a part of it. You're supposed to set a good example, not a bad one!

I'm not arguing with anyone.

But this is a free world. I can't call a kid dumb in class. I can tell you your dumb if you make a stupid comment!

I said he was ignorant! I didn't say he was dumb. I said the statement was dumb! Get it right!

[ QUOTE ]

Since they're officially within the coverage area of this website I'll give the nod to Amherst County. Those guys are big, fast, mean, and nasty. They're giving up 6.8 ppg through 12 games with four shutouts against some very stiff competition...

[/ QUOTE ]

I WOULD AGREE BUT THEY ARENT IN SWVA!

They would be Central Virginia

THEY ARE ALL THE ABOVE!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Yet Again ...DUMB! haha

LIKE I SAID BEFORE:

WHO CARES!

[/ QUOTE ]

COACH!!! Stop calling people DUMB!!! This is like the 10th time you've done that. Someone says something you don't like, you call them dumb. There is too much name calling on this board and we don't need a "TEACHER/ FOOTBALL & TRACK COACH" being a part of it. You're supposed to set a good example, not a bad one!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you all he does is like to name call and go against anything that is said postive for Richlands..i don't understand this guy and to call me ignorant or dumb when he doesn't even know what a higher level of education is...but then again i thought we were talkin about football not other people on this board which is what i was doing.. i was just stating the fact of how VaHigh left their starters in and how the first team was not on the field when they scored that second touchdown cause i believe i can recall the numbers #71 #6 #21 #1 and #25 not on the field which im pretty sure they are all 1st team and very important to that defense..just an observation that i saw on the play they scored

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT!? haha

Your an idiot! haha

JUST DUMB!

[/ QUOTE ]

the defense vhs faced was not the same defense graham faced last friday night....richlands used some new faces at defensive tackle against vhs (at least one kid played defensive tackle that i had never seen play defense before)......i believe that if richlands had played their defensive personnel against vhs like they did against graham vhs would have been lucky to score...the running game definitely would have been shut down...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT!? haha

Your an idiot! haha

JUST DUMB!

[/ QUOTE ]

Va High did not score twice against richlands 1st team defense in the playoff game..they left their starters in the entire game when richlands had their JV team in..they didn't even bother with the 2nd team..it went straight to the JV..and VaHigh threw two long passes tryin to run the score up so it wouldn't look as bad upon them..even though richlands could have held them to zero points and put 100 on them..but we take our starters out when the game is decided which it was decided in the 1st quarter of that game some would say it was decided before the game even kicked off..but nonetheless we took our players out and they left their starters in..and i can understand if they are seniors and playing their last game..but if you are getting it handed to you..its just embarrassin that you leave ur starters in just to make the score closer than what the game really is..

[/ QUOTE ]

It was on 1st team D. Never the less

let me have a crack at this.Graham had a good defense but wasnt consistent all year.There is another thread somewhere about richlands offense against their defense and people were saying the offense would dominate.but would richlands defense hold the offense under 40 points?i dont believe they could,i think they would wear down in the later part of the game.Grahams defense had Richlands behind twice this year,could Richlands defense do that?no.I think Graham had the best defense Richlands will see this year.If Grahams defense wouldve played all year like they played in the first quarter against Richlands last week who knows what they wouldve accomplished.But thats a big if.And one question i have.Can anyone believe its about over already?seemed like a quick season to me.