Princeton may be getting turf...

beaverball

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how the MCSB will drop $300,000 on Princeton High School...what are they going to do for Bluefield, PikeView, and Montcalm???

I pretty sure Montcalm didn't get a dime from the MCSB when they were starting their football program...everything they've got was either donated or they raised money for it.

If I were an official for the City of Bluefield...I'd be calling BS on this one and asking the MCSB where the heck is the money for our schools and children????

Come on Mayor Moore, Vice-Mayor Whalen, Directors Sarver, Bailey, and Crabtree...its time to step it up and get it in gear!!!

Those people in Princeton LOVE to screw Bluefield every chance they get...and it looks like your getting the BIG ONE this time.

You people were elected for a reason...here it is...NOW REPRESENT!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Amazing how the MCSB will drop $300,000 on Princeton High School...what are they going to do for Bluefield, PikeView, and Montcalm???

I pretty sure Montcalm didn't get a dime from the MCSB when they were starting their football program...everything they've got was either donated or they raised money for it.

If I were an official for the City of Bluefield...I'd be calling BS on this one and asking the MCSB where the heck is the money for our schools and children????

Come on Mayor Moore, Vice-Mayor Whalen, Directors Sarver, Bailey, and Crabtree...its time to step it up and get it in gear!!!

Those people in Princeton LOVE to screw Bluefield every chance they get...and it looks like your getting the BIG ONE this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said exactly what I was thinking..

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You said exactly what I was thinking..

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I can say it now as a resident and voter in the State of WV and the City of Bluefield. This is MY tax money being used for something that isn't going to benefit MY community. I don't like and I don't think its fair to the other schools unless the MCSB has another $300,000 for every school. This is only beginning...I've not yet begun to fight!

My questions are: Where was this money, when it was common knowledge, that Bluefield has been trying to get turf over the last SEVERAL years? Is Bluefield not part of Mercer County? Isn't Mitchell Stadium not used as much or not more than Hunnicut Field? As you stated just another example of Princeton trying to stick it to Bluefield

[ QUOTE ]

My questions are: Where was this money, when it was common knowledge, that Bluefield has been trying to get turf over the last SEVERAL years? Is Bluefield not part of Mercer County? Isn't Mitchell Stadium not used as much or not more than Hunnicut Field? As you stated just another example of Princeton trying to stick it to Bluefield

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I can understand them not wanting to give money to the City of Bluefield for a facility OWNED by the City of Bluefield. But my point is this, if you are going to give one school $300,000 for its athletic department/facilities, then you better be prepared to pay that same amount to ALL schools for their atletic department/facilities. FAIR AND EQUAL...

[ QUOTE ]

$300,000 dollars would sure go a long way to expanding the BHS gym so they wouldn't have to hold their BB games at BSC to accomodate the crowds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed!

I bet there are folks in Princeton who are arguing that since MCSB pays rent to Bluefield for Mitchell Stadium, as does Tazewell, those $$$ should be used to put field turf in @ Mitchell. They are probably arguing that the $300,000 just levels the playing field. (Kinda ironic I know.)

Mitchell stadium is used a lot more than princeton's stadium is, but it doesn't matter, mitchell stadium will likely have field turf before or at the time princeton's ever does.

As it goes, if bluefield has an idea for something, princeton will have that basic idea not long after, it's been that way for decades.

I am pretty positive that there is a possibility for a lawsuit for discrimination. There is no way the school board can give one school a turf field and not the other schools. A lawsuit is there if somebody wanted to pursue it.

The MCSB does get their money from the state, right???

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If the money went to upgrade Bluefield would Princeton not have the same argument?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they would. The school board has no grounds to favor one school over another school.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny, they've done it for years. They refused to provide funding for Bluefield High to have air conditioning installed, but yet were forking over thousands to Princeton High for every B.S. thing they wanted.

and its freaking hot in our school!

and yes i'd love to get a gym update. Ours is just jacked up. They should expand it out, and then raise the roof so to speak to they can add balcony seats like princeton high school has... That would be great. But i'll never live to see it...

That whole new fine arts wing they just added this past year was pathetic in my opinion. Its nothing but tolites and dressing rooms

Guest JJBrickface

Bluefield High School certainly deserves some upgrades. Like some of you said the gym really needs it. I thought that was true four years ago when I was there.

Guest JJBrickface

yeah I remember one of the clocks in the hallway upstairs was stuck on 1:30 my entire 4 years there.

[ QUOTE ]

and its freaking hot in our school!

and yes i'd love to get a gym update. Ours is just jacked up. They should expand it out, and then raise the roof so to speak to they can add balcony seats like princeton high school has... That would be great. But i'll never live to see it...

That whole new fine arts wing they just added this past year was pathetic in my opinion. Its nothing but tolites and dressing rooms

[/ QUOTE ]

How much money was given to Bluefield HS by the MCSB for the Fine Arts Wing???? I thought that money came from private donations, not the County nor the State???