Powell Valley at Giles

waveman92

I think PV can win it. As long as Robbins can exploit their secondary, and most importantly, PV's defense doesn't collapse and give in to Giles' single-wing offense, they stand a good chance.

PV will win, if Giles had a tough time with Lebanon, come on PV will win. They are a much better team than Lebanon. Robbins will throw all over that secondary, HOWEVER if Giles keeps it close early and doesnt get behind quickly, they MIGHT have a chance to keep it close and squeek out a win.

i have watched both teams. cook will not run over pv as he did leb. leb. has had trouble the last few games stoping the run. and robbins will pick giles apart. although i did like the single wing last week. they run it well.

pv. 27 giles 7

[ QUOTE ]

I still don't see how Giles lost to Blacksburg to start the year, Blacksburg was down right horrible...

[/ QUOTE ]

same can be said for Tazewell beating Richlands last year...a year later and I'm still trying to figure that one out.

And yes Blacksburg was horrible and I was taken to the gallows by Graham fans for saying so early on.

Hummmmm, good question. I can sum it up in 2 words, (single wing.) The single wing offense will be a problem to muster for the Vikings. They are used to a classic offense with action aimed at sacs on the QB and handoffs to notible runners. But on the other side of the road, Brad Robbins arm will help the Viking's to air the ball enough to make it a game worth watching. Both have solid defensive units, but the glory will go to the one who out-wits the other with new plays drawn up this week. It will be a hell of a game. My take is Giles 31 - Powell Valley 21. "Good luck to both hard playing and hitting teams!"

I agree, that Blacksburg was down this year, but in game 1 they were healthy, and Josh Sales had a pretty good game. Giles didnt have Ricky Cook, due to and ankle sprain, and then his replacement suffered a big gash that required stitches. So a lot of backs had to move around to new positions, which is hard to do in the single wing. Giles moved the ball all over the field, but coulnt punch it in all the times in the red zone, fumbles, interception. Blacksburg also defends the single wing about as good as anybody.Powell Valley is said to have a very good defense, so Giles is in for a tough game. Giles is very capable of winning this game. Their O-Line is just completly dominates the trenches. Giles will need to get their passing game going to win though.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I still don't see how Giles lost to Blacksburg to start the year, Blacksburg was down right horrible...

[/ QUOTE ]

same can be said for Tazewell beating Richlands last year...a year later and I'm still trying to figure that one out.

And yes Blacksburg was horrible and I was taken to the gallows by Graham fans for saying so early on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple answer...four trips inside the Tazewell five = ZERO points. I was begging for a FG attempt all four times.

I went to the Lebanon-Giles game last week. I saw PV this year too. Giles had no answer for Lebanon's passing game, never did even slow it down.

Giles has the biggest line they've had in the last 10 years. They dominated the line of scrimmage. If Giles didn't have #32 Cook against Blacksburg than that explains the loss, he is as good if not better than any back i saw this year. As a matter of fact, with the powerful runs he showed and the speed around the corner, I'll say he's the best I've seen this year not from Tenn. High.

Pv has played this Giles single-wing before, but the last time they had a guy named Thomas Jones(think that was the last time). You just can't get ready for that thing in 1 week.

There is no way the Giles corners can match up against the fast 6'3" plus recievers from PV. Robbins will have a field day. Cook plays Free Safety and he might make a play or two that makes the difference on D. The program said he's only a junior, man he's gonna be hell next year!

Another big factor is the health of #45 for Giles(Widrig or something like that). He was their MLB and FB and he was definitely one of their best players. He was hurt near the end of the Lebanon game and helped off the field. Assuming he plays...

Giles 34 Powell Valley 33

we'll know about 3:30 pm saturday! pv defense doesn't have to stop the wing, just slow it down. robbins has passed for 3000 yards & 30 tds. pv wide outs can all fly!!! robbins & fullback (mckinny?) can run too! kicking game will be key also. good luck to both

those who can play, play. those who can't play coach, those who can't play or coach become fans.

This will be a very high scoring game. I look for Robbins to have another 400 yd plus game and Cook will probably run for around 200. Turnovers will be the key. If it is a rainy day then Giles could beat them. If not then I don't see them stopping PV.

PV 42

Giles 28

Powell Valley will win this. Though I think it will be a close game up till the fourth quater. PV will pull away with a win. They just want it more than anything. To have their own place in history, so...

Powell Valley-41

Giles-28

Wisecav72