Graham vs Bluefield

bgibb

17 minutes ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

Does it cost anything to watch the game on that site.

It didn't last year. I left to go home at the end of the 3rd qt. and finished watching it when I got home..it was a little slow at times but overall a pretty cool set up with commentary and a scoreboard/clock on screen. 

Ok...cool thanks for the info...it be nice if a few local high schools done that weekly..i havent missed a richlands games since 04...now im working up north and gonna be lucky to get back home to catch 3 at the most...but gonna go watch wheeling park tomar night hopefully it will be a good game.

55 minutes ago, EH31 said:

It didn't last year. I left to go home at the end of the 3rd qt. and finished watching it when I got home..it was a little slow at times but overall a pretty cool set up with commentary and a scoreboard/clock on screen. 

They missed most of the first half with technical problems. Second half was shown several minutes delayed.

8 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

If you miss that one, you deserve to not have a free point. ???

Well I meant what if people went back and edited that game after it was played? But I guess everyone is picking Union anyway lol

14 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I wish we'd find something out. Can't fill out my pick'em until I do lol. 

For all that have been wondering, I just talked to a parent of one of the players and they assured me 100% that Reed will be starting and playing tomorrow. Very good news for the G-Men!

8 minutes ago, VHSLhelper said:

Does this game have a 'name', like 'the melee at Mitchell"?

"Battle of the Bluefield's" "Twin City Brawl" "Rumble in the Mountains"

It is just known as Graham-Beaver or Beaver-Graham.  Everyone knows what that means and nothing more needs to be said. For those that don't know the high school in Bluefield, WV (the castle behind McDonald's) was officially Beaver High School. In the early days of WV high schools most of the schools were named for the voting district they were located in. Believe it or not Princeton High was officially East River High because Princeton is in the East River voting district. Princeton dropped that in the 1920's.  Bluefield's High was in the Beaver Pond district and was called Beaver Pond but shortened to Beaver before 1910.  The "new" school in Bluefield was built on Cumberland Road and it opened in 1957. At that time the name was officially changed to Bluefield High. So you still hear most of the locals refer to Bluefield High as Beaver and therefore Beaver-Graham or Graham-Beaver instead of Bluefield-Graham. So yes until 1957 Bluefield was the Beaver High Beavers. But it was never referred to as that. When just the official name was used it was Beaver High and sometimes Beaver High of Bluefield. When just the mascot was used it was The Beavers. But when both were used it was always the Bluefield Beavers even though that was not technically correct. 

2 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

It is just known as Graham-Beaver or Beaver-Graham.  Everyone knows what that means and nothing more needs to be said. For those that don't know the high school in Bluefield, WV (the castle behind McDonald's) was officially Beaver High School. In the early days of WV high schools most of the schools were named for the voting district they were located in. Believe it or not Princeton High was officially East River High because Princeton is in the East River voting district. Princeton dropped that in the 1920's.  Bluefield's High was in the Beaver Pond district and was called Beaver Pond but shortened to Beaver before 1910.  The "new" school in Bluefield was built on Cumberland Road and it opened in 1957. At that time the name was officially changed to Bluefield High. So you still hear most of the locals refer to Bluefield High as Beaver and therefore Beaver-Graham or Graham-Beaver instead of Bluefield-Graham. So yes until 1957 Bluefield was the Beaver High Beavers. But it was never referred to as that. When just the official name was used it was Beaver High and sometimes Beaver High of Bluefield. When just the mascot was used it was The Beavers. But when both were used it was always the Bluefield Beavers even though that was not technically correct. 

The correct answer.