TSSAA 2017 Playoffs

SXSW

47 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

On BVU, they come on the CW channel normally, 1004 I think it is.

I am glad you posted this.  I had a question that maybe you or @JDHoss could answer.  I doubt I will get to go, but IF I can go down Friday to watch Greeneville, can you watch all 3 games that day by paying one price or do you have to leave the stadium between games, and how much is admission?

Tickets are $12, and good for three games on that day. Parking is $10. If you go, dress in layers. I've been several times, and it's a great bargain. You used to be able to leave between games, so I suppose they still allow that. IIRC they either stamped our hands or gave us a bracelet to get back in. Would go this year, but really want to see Union & Appomattox. That's a little too much driving for me these days.

Here is everything you need to know. http://tssaasports.com

12 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

Tickets are $12, and good for three games on that day. Parking is $10. If you go, dress in layers. I've been several times, and it's a great bargain. You used to be able to leave between games, so I suppose they still allow that. IIRC they either stamped our hands or gave us a bracelet to get back in. Would go this year, but really want to see Union & Appomattox. That's a little too much driving for me these days.

Here is everything you need to know. http://tssaasports.com

Thanks Hoss, I was about to reply back just got my email back from TSSAA. The VHSL could learn a thing or two from the guys and gals running the TSSAA. Quick and kind response. I emailed the VHSL twice last years and I am still waiting on the return emails.

11 minutes ago, SXSW said:

Thanks Hoss, I was about to reply back just got my email back from TSSAA. The VHSL could learn a thing or two from the guys and gals running the TSSAA. Quick and kind response. I emailed the VHSL twice last years and I am still waiting on the return emails.

I've emailed the VH$L several times over the years and have never received a reply. Yes, I don't understand the VH$L's reluctance to have a 2 day event at one site. I enjoy the TSSAA event, and want to take in the Georgia and Florida championships one day as well. With Liberty moving up into the FBS, that would free up their facility without worrying about them hosting a playoff game. It's pretty much center of the state, seats around 19K IIRC, and Lynchburg has plenty of hotel and restaurant options.

3 hours ago, SXSW said:

Well there are nine games left in the TSSAA playoffs. The games will played at Tennessee Tech in Cookeville and run Thursday the 30th through Saturday December 2nd.

The 1A Championship Game features Cornersville (13-1) vs. Greenback (13-1) and kicks off at 12:00pm Thursday.

The 3A Championship Game has Covington (13-1) vs. Alcoa (13-1) at 4:00 pm Thursday

The 5A Championship Game has Knoxville Catholic (11-3) vs. Beech (14-0) at 8:00 pm Thursday

In the Friday Contests:

The 2A Championship has Union City (12-2) vs. Tyner (12-2) at 12:00pm

The 4A Championship has Springfield (11-3) vs. Greeneville (14-0) at 4:00pm

The 6A Championship has Cane Ridge (13-1) vs. Maryville (13-1) at 8:00pm

The Division 2 Title Games take place on Saturday and feature in 1A: Friendship Christian (12-0) vs. DCA (9-3), 2A: Lausanne (12-0) vs. Notre Dame (11-1) and 3A: MBA (10-2) vs. Brentwood (12-0).

The Division 2 games all follow the same time schedule with games at 12,4 and 8pm.

The games should be available locally in the Tri-Cities, I will post the channel when I find it.

Channel 6 (CW) on Direct TV in Kingsport.

1 hour ago, JDHoss said:

I've emailed the VH$L several times over the years and have never received a reply. Yes, I don't understand the VH$L's reluctance to have a 2 day event at one site. I enjoy the TSSAA event, and want to take in the Georgia and Florida championships one day as well. With Liberty moving up into the FBS, that would free up their facility without worrying about them hosting a playoff game. It's pretty much center of the state, seats around 19K IIRC, and Lynchburg has plenty of hotel and restaurant options.

Didn't the VHSL make the decision to leave Liberty because of the transgender stuff. I would be all in favor of it, with Tennessee being a week ahead a person could do both in back to back weekends.

1 hour ago, SXSW said:

Didn't the VHSL make the decision to leave Liberty because of the transgender stuff. I would be all in favor of it, with Tennessee being a week ahead a person could do both in back to back weekends.

No, they chose to leave Liberty because you can now carry a firearm on the campus of Liberty and the VHSL wanted no part of having firearms onsite at a high school title game. 

1 hour ago, SXSW said:

12 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

No, they chose to leave Liberty because you can now carry a firearm on the campus of Liberty and the VHSL wanted no part of having firearms onsite at a high school title game. 

Looks like a statement about shooting muslims precipitated the move.

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/high_schools/vhsl-some-schools-threatening-liberty-boycott-over-falwell-remarks/article_b838b868-bd48-5e46-ac81-6d69787a4376.html

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/high_schools/vhsl-votes-to-move-most-state-championship-events-from-liberty/article_a1883db8-ced1-5fcd-b310-522153cf1171.html

http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/VHSL-Executive-Director-explains-decision-to-move-playoff-events-from-Liberty-University-378465521.html

On 11/28/2017 at 12:04 PM, HokiePokie said:

Channel 6 (CW) on Direct TV in Kingsport.

WCYB said Greenville game would be on their Fox station which is channel 4 in our area but I'm not sure if they show all the games or not.

At the Half, in the 1A Championship Game. Greenback 28, Cornersville 14.

Final Score in 1A. State Championship Greenback wins 42-21. Congratulations to the Cherokees. It is Greenback's first Championship since 1987, and 2nd overall, this was there third straight Championship game appearance.

On 11/28/2017 at 10:49 AM, JDHoss said:

I talked to Ken Tilley about it a few years back. He said only way he would be for it is if there was a Dome Stadium in Central Virginia to host all the games. Was hoping that would change after his retirement. 

In the 3A Championship Alcoa defeated Covington 31-20 for it's third title in a row, and 16th overall, I don't need to say anything about them, but they could win six or seven in a row, they were playing four freshman at key places most of the night. Alcoa had two regular season losses to Corbin, Ky and Maryville.

In the 5A Championship Knoxville Catholic defeated Beech 45-28, it was their second title in three years, Beech was undefeated and Catholic has three losses (Maryville, Brentwood Academy, Eagle's Landing Christian Ga.)  Maryville and Brentwood Academy both play for state titles today and tomorrow.

2A State Championship Game: Union City 14, Tyner 14. Tyner scored and made the two-point conversion with 14 seconds left in the game. OT starting in five minutes.

Union City has attempted zero passes.

Starting the second overtime 21-21.

Final in 2A: Union City 27, Tyner 21.(2 OT) Tyner threw an interception on their second play of the second OT, UC scored on their first play.

Trey Jones for Union City is the MVP 44 carries for 188 yards and 2 TD's. Union City attempted no passes.

Greeneville 47

Springfield 7

early 3rd

Cade Ballard is outstanding. If he were 4-5 inches taller, he would be on the wish list of a lot of P5 schools. Greeneville will roll again next year. They have almost everyone back.

21 hours ago, Jason said:

I talked to Ken Tilley about it a few years back. He said only way he would be for it is if there was a Dome Stadium in Central Virginia to host all the games. Was hoping that would change after his retirement. 

And I really don't understand his mentality. He had no problem with games being hosted at sites with terrible field conditions before. Hold the games on a field that has turf, and let the weather be whatever it will be. 

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Greeneville is incredibly good.

I saw them twice in the regular season and twice in the playoffs. I thought they were the 2nd best team I saw this year. Would love to see them against Murville.