School "Personalities"?

AtrnyGnrl05

grundy never had that many black kids at the school. the four years i was there i think we had a total of 2 or 3? nice people to. almost all of the black kids seem to to go to mountain mission. we havent had a black kid on the football team since 1995 or 96.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

there are a ton of indians at Richlands...fajardos, patels, mohons, and najarajas lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont mean to burst your bubble but Mohons are pure WHITE. well they are red too lol.

I guess we are the Hicks of the SWD, and we do like to party a little bit too..lol..That's just the Good Ole' Boys in all of us.

Grundy:Good Ole' Boys: Football, Wrestling

Richlands: The same as Grundy with the letter I pronounced different: Football

Tazewell:Cocky: Baseball

Graham: Big Guys: Football

CC: Tractors

All Highlands teams: Cheese and Whine

You can tell that Grundy, Richlands dont have many kids from other races in their school by the way the act on the football field or atleast some of them. I remember when I played at VHS that players from those schools had quite a few racial remarks during the game for the black players on our team.

And for the guy who said we dont want to know what you think of the highlands distrcits schools, I would like to know what you think of them because I dont think much of Grundy either, so lets hear it.

[ QUOTE ]

I guess we are the Hicks of the SWD, and we do like to party a little bit too..lol..That's just the Good Ole' Boys in all of us.

Grundy:Good Ole' Boys: Football, Wrestling

Richlands: The same as Grundy with the letter I pronounced different: Football

Tazewell:Cocky: Baseball

Graham: Big Guys: Football

CC: Tractors

All Highlands teams: Cheese and Whine

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta give the Tractor one to Summer County

[ QUOTE ]

the beavers are the ghetto side of the tracks, from what ive heard

[/ QUOTE ]

haha

I wish people would come to Bluefield for a couple of days. There is a couple of people that try to act all tough but most people are really nice unless you do something to tick them off. Then us bluefield people will have to do something about it haha

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

being a Graham kid that we perceive Bluefield as "gangsta" to say it the nicest way.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can go ahead and say it. We have alot of black people in our school,Most just come here to play sports anyways... not that its bad at all or anything. It's just the truth and most of our basketball and football team being black. Most other city's around think that since our sports teams have more black people than white people than we have alot of black people at are school...Thats really not true at all...I personally think there is more white people there..

But thats just me...what do you think beaverbaseball?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heres a website that tells alot about the school:

http://boe.merc.k12.wv.us/bhs.htm

White: 531 people

Black: 161 people

Hispanic: 1

Asain: 1

Male:362

Female:334

[ QUOTE ]

That Asian must be sonny kapadia...LMAO

There is no way there is only 160 black people...

i got about that many in my 2nd block..lol....j/k

[/ QUOTE ]

haha

no that is about right i'd say

Na its gotta be Josh Hendrix lol

no way dude....there is way more black people than that....or way less white people.

Well have alot of white people who were doo-rags or whatever they call them things, at our school. and talk in slang term's which i cant really understand...? confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

You can tell that Grundy, Richlands dont have many kids from other races in their school by the way the act on the football field or atleast some of them. I remember when I played at VHS that players from those schools had quite a few racial remarks during the game for the black players on our team.

And for the guy who said we dont want to know what you think of the highlands distrcits schools, I would like to know what you think of them because I dont think much of Grundy either, so lets hear it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I graduated from Richlands. We had plenty of students from other races. They just weren't African Americans as others have posted previously.

Listen ... all kinds of talk happens during games. I'm not condoning it -- it is unacceptable. I'm trying to point out there is no need for you to imply we're all racists just because we were born in Grundy or Richlands.

Well Im black and everyone gives me alot of respect from other schools and most of them are country boys. haha There was only 1 time in my career that on the court someone made a racial remark and it was against CC up there. It was to one of my friends and he went off right there on the court and got pulled back. Funny part I dont even think a Technical was given and it was cussing and finger pointing. But for most of it, I have friends in Grundy and Richlands--- just to back them 2 towns up in previous post.

[ QUOTE ]

Well Im black and everyone gives me alot of respect from other schools and most of them are country boys. haha There was only 1 time in my career that on the court someone made a racial remark and it was against CC up there. It was to one of my friends and he went off right there on the court and got pulled back. Funny part I dont even think a Technical was given and it was cussing and finger pointing. But for most of it, I have friends in Grundy and Richlands--- just to back them 2 towns up in previous post.

[/ QUOTE ]

The days of using racial slurs should be long gone. When I played at Tazewell we were all bros! tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea i would have to say everyone down here in Richlands likes ya juice.Ive never heard anyone really say anything bad about ya.

Anyone have insights into schools from other counties/districts? I'll start with Russell County:

Honaker: redneck a$$holes, good ole farmin' boys. Nice to most other school except Lebanon.

Lebanon: worst county seat attitudes of anyone. thats why I always go to Richlands for stuff lol. Nice to most other schools except Honaker.

Castlewood: good ole boys, suck at football.

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone have insights into schools from other counties/districts? I'll start with Russell County:

Honaker: redneck a$$holes, good ole farmin' boys. Nice to most other school except Lebanon.

Lebanon: worst county seat attitudes of anyone. thats why I always go to Richlands for stuff lol. Nice to most other schools except Honaker.

Castlewood: good ole boys, suck at football.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only state perceptions from when I was in school ... I'm out of the area now but I'm game as always.

Honaker: Where all the Richlands rejects went

Lebanon: Only fans worse than Richlands (that's sayin' alot)

From the other three Buch. County Schools:

Council: Good Ole' Boys, very quiet, and all the play is BBall.

Twin Valley: Wannabe thugs, halfway decent at Basketball

Hurley: Basically the same as Grundy, just their days have gone by, but they could have a program on the rebound.

Haysi: Seem to be "different" they hate Honaker with a passion.