School "Personalities"?

AtrnyGnrl05

I know that alot of school are percieved by other schools in a certain light. I know, being a Graham kid that we perceive Bluefield as "gangsta" to say it the nicest way. Tazewell is seen as a bunch of hicks. I heard that Graham is known as the "goody goodies" of the SWD and I was wondering if there was any truth, or how other schools view other SWD schools.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I heard that Graham is known as the "goody goodies"

[/ QUOTE ]

Only in a Graham's fan wet-dream...lol

Honestly, Graham is no "goody-good" considering some of the athletes they've put on the field throughout the years, especially in the last decade or so. I'm not going to name names, but everyone knows the guys I'm talking about and there are more than one.

Well, this one I don't TOTALLY agree with (to some extent I do), but lately I've noticed that Lee is the "cry babies" and yes,for a good reason. I just see it a little differently than some of you...as in I see it as school board and the county rather than the school as a whole, but anyway there's that one.

Some percieve Abingdon students as the "sons and daughters of all d'em doctors and lawyers."(have to say it in your best hick tone or it just doesn't seem to sound right, lol)

[ QUOTE ]

I know that alot of school are percieved by other schools in a certain light. I know, being a Graham kid that we perceive Bluefield as "gangsta" to say it the nicest way. Tazewell is seen as a bunch of hicks. I heard that Graham is known as the "goody goodies" of the SWD and I was wondering if there was any truth, or how other schools view other SWD schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

And your take on Richlands students??

[ QUOTE ]

I being a Graham kid that we perceive Bluefield as "gangsta" to say it the nicest way.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may see the school that way but its really nothing like that. When we are on the field or court no matter what sport we have the best sportsmanship so I really wouldn't call that "gangsta" lol.

I can see how Graham would think as Tazewell as the hicks because of the whole Tractor deal, but I would think Grundy would get that before Tazewell because of where the towns are located.. I would think Tazewell is more cocky than redneck haha.. And thats not always a good thing..

"richlands are the coky ones, grundy are supposed to be the hicks of swva. tazewell. there the stuck-up people, and graham are the gangters of swva. carroll county are just out there by them sevles doing something wierd."

thats what a good freind of mine over at wise said one time. played in the swd a few years ago. he will remain aynonomous.

[ QUOTE ]

Graham: stuck-up

Tazewell: ghetto

Grundy: like to "wrastle"

Carroll County: south-of-the-border

Richlands: dumb

[/ QUOTE ]

It is hard to put a label on a school personality IMHO. Instead ... I'm going word association on you all and sharing first thing in my mind when given school names.

Graham: Football

Tazewell: Wannabes

CC: Damn we gotta go where to see a game?

Grundy: Wrestling

Richlands: I hope those fans haven't been drinking.

Virginia High: Days gone by

Abingdon: We came to play football not go to The Barter

Marion: We going mountain route or interstate?

Lee: Concealed carry permit on me...check.

Who am I missing?

I would always figure everyone from Tazewell would have that "county seat attitude" towards Richlands and Graham.

From what I've seen of the SWD/Highlands schools:

Richlands - drug lords and party animals

Tazewell - hicks/ghetto

Graham - "gangsta" hahaha

Abingdon - "do you have any idea who my mother and father are?"(in a very menacing tone)

VHS - "woo look at me, I live in the big ole city of Bristol, would you like to shake my hand?"

Seems like everyone here has associated Grundy folks with "rednecks" or "hicks." This makes me laugh because the rest of Virginia looks at SWVA like that as a whole, lol. I don't care, my neck gets even "redder" in the summertime and ah'm proud of it.

[ QUOTE ]

Seems like everyone here has associated Grundy folks with "rednecks" or "hicks." This makes me laugh because the rest of Virginia looks at SWVA like that as a whole, lol. I don't care, my neck gets even "redder" in the summertime and ah'm proud of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My neck gets a nice bright red ... I'm from Richlands.

I associated Grundy with wrestling. ^^^ up there

[ QUOTE ]

being a Graham kid that we perceive Bluefield as "gangsta" to say it the nicest way.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can go ahead and say it. We have alot of black people in our school,Most just come here to play sports anyways... not that its bad at all or anything. It's just the truth and most of our basketball and football team being black. Most other city's around think that since our sports teams have more black people than white people than we have alot of black people at are school...Thats really not true at all...I personally think there is more white people there..

But thats just me...what do you think beaverbaseball?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

being a Graham kid that we perceive Bluefield as "gangsta" to say it the nicest way.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can go ahead and say it. We have alot of black people in our school,Most just come here to play sports anyways... not that its bad at all or anything. It's just the truth and most of our basketball and football team being black. Most other city's around think that since our sports teams have more black people than white people than we have alot of black people at are school...Thats really not true at all...I personally think there is more white people there..

But thats just me...what do you think beaverbaseball?

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands has 3 black people and a couple heards of Indians,lol Patels mostly

[ QUOTE ]

Lmao @ Blues 56,gees when I went to RHS we had one black girl and I dont konw how many indians

[/ QUOTE ]

It hasnt changed much then, i believe Jarryd is the first black person to play football at Richlands high school EVER. That's sumtin u wont forget about.