School "Personalities"?

AtrnyGnrl05

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i remember that mark, i used to sit on that almost every day. i geuss after many hundreds of times of my fat butt sittin on it, it would finally start to go south, lol. grin.gif good ole times, i miss em.

Yeah, most areas have a "personality", even if its just not with that school anymore. Of all the schools I have been to (which is Richlands, Lebanon, and Waynesboro(northern virginia)), I have to rate Waynesboro 1, Richlands 2, and Lebanon 3. Nothing wrong with any of them, its just in W'Boro you can be yourself, whoever you are, and there is noone to say anything about it because you will find someone else just like you. Richlands... you always had that home feeling, like everyone would help you even if you didnt need it. Lebanon likes to stay in "cliques", and if your new or not with them, its weird trying to talk to them, and the people who know me know I like to talk. Lebanon has only two black guys, and I talk to both of them, because based on personal experiences in W'boro, black people were better than whites up there (plus always had kool-aid, which I loved) people sometimes think that I try to be black, bc I wear alot of jerseys and like pants that give me room to move around, but the "label" i give myself is just a normal teenager. I hate that people give labels, by the way they dress or act. Noone can tell what a person truly is unless u take time and talk to them, and than can u associate them with other people, but until then, dont just judge by looks.

Richlands: Football

Honaker:HOLDBACKS

Lebanon: all-around good at sports.

Tazwell:"ghetto"....

graham/abingdon: soccer/ mexicans

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, most areas have a "personality", even if its just not with that school anymore. Of all the schools I have been to (which is Richlands, Lebanon, and Waynesboro(northern virginia)), I have to rate Waynesboro 1, Richlands 2, and Lebanon 3. Nothing wrong with any of them, its just in W'Boro you can be yourself, whoever you are, and there is noone to say anything about it because you will find someone else just like you. Richlands... you always had that home feeling, like everyone would help you even if you didnt need it. Lebanon likes to stay in "cliques", and if your new or not with them, its weird trying to talk to them, and the people who know me know I like to talk. Lebanon has only two black guys, and I talk to both of them, because based on personal experiences in W'boro, black people were better than whites up there (plus always had kool-aid, which I loved) people sometimes think that I try to be black, bc I wear alot of jerseys and like pants that give me room to move around, but the "label" i give myself is just a normal teenager. I hate that people give labels, by the way they dress or act. Noone can tell what a person truly is unless u take time and talk to them, and than can u associate them with other people, but until then, dont just judge by looks.

Richlands: Football

Honaker:HOLDBACKS

Lebanon: all-around good at sports.

Tazwell:"ghetto"....

graham/abingdon: soccer/ mexicans

[/ QUOTE ]

In many ways, this a great post. One can tell it is from the heart. That's a good thing in most cases. It ruins your credibility though to say: "I hate it when people label,"

and then go on to label the people at these other schools. It is all good with me. But someone from one of these other schools -- aside from Richlands -- would've pointed that out. In an ideal world stereotyping/labeling wouldn't happen, but get used to it because it will happen in some form or fashion and to one degree or another your entire life.

IMO

Yeah, I see whaty you mean, but I was in a hurry writing this that I did'nt write all I wanted to. I was gonna put that if labels were on a city/town/school, thse are what I would probably put, but I know alot of people from each of those schools so I can't say one thing that applies to all the students. I don't think anyone can say one word about a school and all the students be in that category. As I was writing this, I thought of passion for Richlands, but than again I remember that not everyone can be in the same mold as the rest.

VHS is definitely the ghetto wannabes. I love goin to the ball games over there and seeing all those white kids tryin to act black and the funny thing is, a lot of the black kids don't even act like that at all!

• 2 weeks later...