Fastest player (BDD,SWD)

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Guest BB_TWEEDER

At region Hurley's Shane Justice ran a 11.3 in the 100 (correct me if im wrong) Any other area players from the BDD or SWD have times like this?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcum from Grundy and Henry from Graham have both run in the 11.4 range...I'd say Jennings from Richlands is right there also. I don't know about the kids from Tazewell?

Track speed is one thing, put the pads on and hit the hole or a corner speed is another.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

They went good... I think Shane Justice got 4th overall in the 100. Isaac got 4th in the 100 high hurdles. Other runners from Hurley im not sure about. Lance your right about hiting the hole and have good cornering and I agree. Jenning's, Marcum can do that from what I have seen. Shane had some problems with running straight up threw the hole last year, but he ran hard but by the way he is working this year and the line holds up (which they will if they work like last year) he will be hard to stop in the BDD.

Marcum didn't run track all season...didn't really say anything on here about it because I didn't know how bad it was, but Garon hurt his leg practicing the long jump the first week which is why we missed the Va Tech Nike camp and the US Army combine...it also screwed up his workout schedule because he had to miss about 4 to 5 weeks of training...he did use that time to work on upper body and got his 185 bench press reps up from about 2 or 3 reps to over 15 reps in about 5 weeks time...which was pretty good considering it was a fairly short peroid of time...he also bulked up a bit...he is now at about 185lbs which is up about 20 or so from last season...all muscle.

He ran the 100 last week in the districts and came in second to Henry from Graham with an 11.87 time on a wet track with wet shoes due to rain...Henry got a time of 11.80 and from what I heard it was nose to nose at the finish, Henry just edged him out for the win.

What you guys have to understand is he cares nothing about track...this kid eats, breathes, lives football...nothing else. He doesn't want to be the fastest in the SWD in track, he wants to help bring a State Championship to Grundy in Football...it's all he cares about. He watches a ton of video from High School to Pro...and trains year round for football.

He wouldn't have gone to track Regionals next weekend anyway if he had won the SWD title because we are going to the US Army All American Combine in Akron Ohio...for football.

No matter where you go, there is always going to be someone stronger, bigger, and faster...but put the pads on and see who can get to the endzone...it's not always about speed.

[ QUOTE ]

For T-town, I don't know about the 100, but TJ Salyers can burn em, I'm thinking that he's going to be runnin 4.4's come August (or I'm hopin)....

[/ QUOTE ]

lol T.J. Salyers can only run a 4.8 40 now jjustin wilson right there wit him maybe next year tho lol

Alright, first of all, Tj ran a 4.7...cause i ran right beside him (beat him though tongue.gif)....and with the work ethic that he's got, it really wouldn't suprise me at all if he did drop 3 tenth's off of his time.....

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Umm as far as I know about Haysi is they will be more power this year . Jones wont run around you, but threw you. Shane did run a bad time in the 100 in the district with 11.81, but he sliped at the starting line but made it up in region with 11.4, so id like to know what that would time out in the 40. And he can run with pads on and make it to the endzone. He is by far the best returning runner in the BDD. The last he told me his bench was around the 285-290 lbs range and only weighs in around 165. Squat (spell check) was working out with 315, so I think that is pretty impresive numbers. Thats all from hard work in the weight room.

It sounds like speedwise, most of region 4 is gonna be pretty close. It sounds like Grundy, Graham, Tazewell, and Richlands all have guys around the 11.4 range. That's right where Allen Eccleston and Chris Carter have been for Va High this track season. Both those boys will be juniors next year. Lee's got a kid named Brewer who has been fast, but i don't know if he's a football man.

When is the region 4 track meet? anybody know?

I know this thread says swd/bdd,but i thought it had to do with the subject.

bassett has the top three in the region, maybe state. their qb has a time of 10.4 at vmi this year, the other two are 10.9 and 11.0. how this team did not win more in football, is your guess. i know the qb was the qb at fielddale win grundy played them, and he is the real deal. i think he is an invited walk on at tech.

Speed alone can win you some games, but it won't win you every game or a state title. If that was the case then Mount View would NEVER lose a football game b/c they have unreal speed every season. You also need to be fundamental, disciplined, and work well as a whole.

Marcum ran a 4.52 laser timed at the UGA Nike Camp and they scratched it...second run he had was a 4.72 which is what counted. Kinda strange they didn't take the first one since they said it was laser timed and you could go whenever you wanted...out of 300 kids he was one of 3 i saw that they scratched the times on...go figure.

That was run on field turf with metal cleats also...UGA had four fields that they were using to do the drills on, two of them are grass and two of them are field turf, we thought they were going to be doing everything on the grass, so he went with the metal cleats...then they took everyone over to the other fields to do the shuttle and the 40 times on field turf...go figure. Metal cleats on field turf don't work so well...lmao. But, there was no way to change shoes at that point, had to race what we brought to the track so to speak.

We will have new times for Marcum Saturday...one of the coaches was supposed to help him with his starts this week and he skipped the MSL Combine last weekend in Atlanta so he could work on it for a couple of weeks...talked to him last night and he said he's ready to roll...hopefully he can post something in the 4.5 - 4.6 range this weekend.

If you look at the laser times, most RB's are getting in the 4.8 range this year at the Nike camps...very few are breaking 4.6 or lower at all...so Gman was pretty dead on when he said the laser times add about 1.0 - 1.5 seconds to the hand times.

When you watch the 40's at these camps, it's easy to tell the kids that are moving really fast.