Week 2 Prediction Thread

BigD4VT

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bassett 14

Carroll 21

-I don't know what's going on with CC, but if they pick up a 2nd road win...look out...they have Tazewell, Grundy, and Richlands at home this year?

Martinsville 21

Graham 24

-I was shocked they beat Bluefield, I think they have a season like you see in the movies ahead of them...will be interesting to see them match up with Richlands this year.

Grundy 25

Shelby Valley 22

-Grundy has a lot of work to do, if they get Marcum the ball I think they can win. If they don't, forget about it. In the past Marcum has made these guys look silly...broken hand and all I look for a big game from him if given the chance...he's fired up right now and that's not good for whoever is on the other side of the ball. Hopefully the D will tackle better and the O will give Theo some time to get the passing game going. Shelby Valley won last week and put up 34 points against S. Floyd...not a bad team.

Richlands 35

Honaker 7

-Richlands is on a run to State...and I don't know who will stop them? If they can keep people healthy and wear the right cleats (j/k guys)..another banner could be hanging at EH Stadium in December. If pounding GC 35-0 doesn't open some eyes...nothing will.

Lebanon 14

Tazewell 15

-I gotta believe Tazewell will win this one. If they can get some offense going they will be ok...the defense is one of the best in the area.

Gate City 42

Coeburn 8

-GC will be looking to get things on track, Coeburn is in for a long night.

Another Graham loss? Please keep thinking that way. I beg you to think that way all year long, especially you Richlands guys. Heck do you want us to present you the swd trophy now? I mean you guys have already won it haven't you?

Oh gosh... cry because someone predicted Graham to lose. The only people that predicted Richlands to lose to GC last week were people from Graham. No one from Richlands has said it's guaranteed we'll win the SWD, especially not Reno. Quit bitching and go win next weeks game if you want someone to predict a win for you.

[ QUOTE ]

Another Graham loss? Please keep thinking that way. I beg you to think that way all year long, especially you Richlands guys. Heck do you want us to present you the swd trophy now? I mean you guys have already won it haven't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lighten up! These are just predictions made for fun. If you can't take it don't read it.

come on cpf, graham beats a bluefield team who's roster was depleted after a statechampionship team. no hate for graham from here. it said week 2 predictions that what we are doing. if you don't like it go ahead & cry to tazewell county school board like you did all of last week!

graham i predicted to finish 2nd in swd behind richlands. yes richlands & i'm from richlands & couldn't be prouder. this richlands team is for real & all you haters out there just keep on hating. you all will find out shortly what this group of kids can do!

"THE STORM IS COMING"

first of all has anyone here seen martinsville play yet or heard how their first game went win or lose and by how much. granted workman for graham did not have a good game against beaver but his first true start in a big game of this caliber so by friday i feel that he will be much more improved and so will graham. and i realize that if everyone were truly honest here most do not like graham that much i know when graham went to the playoffs the past years not many from the tazewell county the swd or area with the exception of those from beaver pulled for graham to win actually they were hoping that graham would lose and that went for the basketball team when they played in the playoffs at tazewell against tunstall there were people there from richlands tazewell and others that were on the tunstall side pulling for tunstall and on the board they were openly saying that they hope that graham would lose. it has been that way for as long as i can remember in the swd. teams do not like graham even when they are not playing them. the only people that seem to pull for graham except when we play them is beaver and they support graham and for the most part graham has supported them when they make it to the playoffs. and pulls for swd teams in the playoffs except when they talk trash about graham. now for the game i have not heard about martinsville but i feel it will be another close game not the blowout that some seem to be saying here. i also know that i will catch flack about this post but if you look inside yourself you will realize that it is the truth. you can get on here and say i have nothing against graham but in reality it shows when you show up to a graham game and set on the visitors side. now years ago way back teams in the swd pulled for each other but times have changed a lot. not that way in reality except for the beavers. i have seen them at graham games and setting on grahams side pulling for the gmen. so my hats off the the beavers for their support of the gmen during the season except with our game. i support all teams and pull for all area teams to win. remember swd and this area gets no respect from the rest of va nor wv so pull for each other when not playing each other. even if you feel they will lose still need to support each other because we are all we have in swva. that is each others support. sorry about the length of this post. i hope graham wins the game. if they play up to their potential they can if they do not then they will not win.

The key to beating Graham is stopping Henry. If you stop Henry then you beat Graham. If you try and arm tackle him all night he'll run through, around, and over you. And if you don't think he'll run over you just ask Bluefield's Maurice Jordan. That poor kid will probably have nightmares this week.

firt off i have alot of good friends in graham, i will pull for any swd team in any sport when playoff time starts. the swd has a constant state contender year in year out in any of the 3 major sports.

"why can't we all just get along except for 1 week out of the year (that's when you have richlands on your schedule)"

talk to the beaver people on here. blfd is not that depleted. they have a great team and i think they will make it to the state again this year. by no way are they a easy team even without their starting qb they are a great team and can beat any team in the area if we are not careful. and take them lightly. i saw some of the highlights on ffe from roanoke and what i saw was a great team with a lot of heart that can hit like a freight train. graham played a good game and hung in against blfd and came out on top. could they have won if the qb had not gotten hurt do not know but i think we will see another classic game this year when they play again. so do not say that graham won because beaver was depleted. i think that you are mistaken in that point. beaver could beat any swd team on any given night this year. even without their starting qb. graham beat a good team in beaver no two ways about it.

yea blfd rules i saw that highlight on ffe from roanoke all you saw was the kid going backwards on his back from the stiff arm henry put out on his way to the endzone. and again beaver is a great team and possibly another state champion this year.

no some would be here talking about how graham lost to a good beaver team unlike the win we won against a depleted beaver team. come on give graham a little credit. i dont have anything against any team in the swd and i have probably been aroud longer than most on this board and have seen more than most of you have. i have been to games years ago when fights broke out when the home team thru eggs at the ghs band bus and the football teams bus when they would do what they could to keep the bus from leaving a game after graham won. you do not see that now with the age of computers. more online than in person and it is better on line than in person. but i stand by my comments because i have seen it all in my life in swd football and other sports. those of you who were not around years ago during graham beaver games nothing new to see fights at the game and in the parking lot after the game. glad that is in the past now. but it happened. and i have been to games where i have been harassed by the home team. during the tunstall game in tazewell i was assulted by tunstall fan after the game and there were tazewell fans standing around but did nothing did not even try to call the police to help. it happens. not comparing swd to tunstall but there is a lot of anamosity towards graham in the swd.

sounds like richlands fans are crying because everyone hates them and doesnt think that they are a good team. me for one thinks that richlands has a good team but maybe they beat a depleted gate city team. ever think about that.but as far as richlands goes i hope that they make it to the state again because that looks good on the swd and tazewell county. but do not say that graham fans cried to the school board because just as many beaver people were on here upset about it also. but it is over and graham will be at mitchell stadium this year playing home games in one of the best if not the best stadium in swva.