Week 2 Prediction Thread

BigD4VT

[ QUOTE ]

yea blfd rules i saw that highlight on ffe from roanoke all you saw was the kid going backwards on his back from the stiff arm henry put out on his way to the endzone. and again beaver is a great team and possibly another state champion this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, we aren't a great team or anywhere close to great. We have a solid team, but it's a playoff caliber team, not a state title caliber team. With experience Bluefield could make some noise in the playoffs, but making it back to Wheeling for a four state year is highly doubtful. Then again, Bluefield's speed is probably more than the majority of AA teams can handle. It would all depend on matchups and playoff draws.

Second, Jordan took a number of nasty hits from Henry. The one I remember most occurred in the third quarter on a run down the sideline. Jordan was there waiting on Henry, but Henry lowered his shoulders and ran over top of poor Jordan. It was a brutal hit Jordan took, and he was playing defense...lol

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea but my opinon is that from what i saw not to many teams will be able to beat beaver with their starting qb. and i feel that they are as good in many ways as many of the beaver teams in the past they have a lot of heart and hit very hard. so i give them credit for that. coach simons has them heading in the right direction towards another state \playoff bid.but i can say this because i am from graham. i realize that you do not want to say to much because others will think that your bragging about beaver but do any other swd teams play beaver this year. just wondering.

Well dude I won't get on here and say I have nothing against Graham, because I have plenty against Graham, but that has absolutely nothing to do with who I PICK to win a game. I'll pick Richlands to lose if I think they will.

I do go to a Saturday Graham game at least once a year, but why would I want to sit on the crowded home side when the other side is usually wide open?

i agree i think that richlands right now is the top team in the district. but that will depend on how they do in the rest of the season and if they get to over confident which can kill a team. but for now i think they are number 1 in swd play. but graham may suprise many this year. will have to wait and see. good luck this year to the beavers. i am torn when they play grundy because they are a swd team and bluefield is my neighbor and rival team but they are a good team. maybe the game can end in a tie. lol

mainly because we are swd teams and should support each other when we are not playing each other. and more exciting on the home side. when i get to tazewell or richlands games i set on the crowded home side or stand on the home side and pull for them. and as for me i do not have anything against any team from the swd i pull for them all except when they play graham. i think it is a shame that in this district we do not support each other.

the graham game should be interesting, who is going down there? the band isn't. i know the g-men were pumped as hell before and after the game friday night, bring half that and g-men should pull out a victory.

quite frankly(thank you stephen A. smith) thats the only game i care about.

i wont be a wussy, i hope all swd teams lose everygame they play and i will predict it too.

anyways

graham 34 mart. 17

I wouldn't say that just yet Troofus... when you've got a playmaker and atleast a little backup, you'll win a few games

and would soembody please tell me how Garon hurt his hand truthfully??... haha cause ive heard that he broke it every possible way to break a hand

i'll be there! grin.gif as far as the scrimmage reports...i didn't make it to the scrimmage versus wm campbell, but i did read from one of the more reliable (notice the sarcasm) posters over on preps that mhs was fairly unimpressive. i did also hear that this past friday the dogs played tight with salem in that scrimmage. anyhow, i wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in either one really considering coach edwards is still toying with the spread offense, which i'm sure he'll scrap again in favor of the wishbone...we've had some great qbs here (ie shawn moore at uva and tony scales at vmi)...those guys didn't throw it then, so don't expect too much of the pass now. i'd also say (just my opinion) that even though beamer started the past 2 years, the qb position was still up for grabs during both of the scrimmages and those guys rotated in and out. i don't usually make predictions, but i'll say mavahi wins a close one...21-13. safe travels to all that make the trip!

Garon doesn't even know when he broke it...it could have been in practice or could have been off the field...he doesn't know for sure...it was hurting him after practice and then he had something happen after practice and it's just a busted knuckle. The paper it was a non football injury, however it could have very well happened in practice. I don't want to go in to any details because that's Garon's business...doesn't really matter how or when it happened because it won't change anything at this point...it's broken and he's dealing with it...if you saw him run the ball the other night you would know it's not slowing him down any.

There was one play where he didn't get the ball clean on a hand off that he did manage to get the ball back on and on a kickoff he couldn't pick the ball up and had to just fall on it.

Graham 28

Martinsville 7

ooo.gif I really didn't see the Graham Beaver game... I had other business to take care of that was more important to me. But I did listen to the end of it and if Graham will have an Offense like they had at the end there, and Defense come the next several weeks Graham could very possibly compare to the 2001 team... Just not a loss at Liberty... (that still makes me mad... I was almost part of a State Championship team) Im sure many of the Beavers know how that feels... Except those that graduated the same year as me... But the years before... Uhh but yea I was totally out in no where on that one... But I hope Graham does great. And just so I can mention on the Richlands, Tazewell, Graham rivalry thing going on here... Ok someone was right on how once Graham did get to the playoffs the students from Richlands and Tazewell Both did not like Graham when they were doing well... Referring back to 2001 I remember even having a few tazewell players coming by during out last game with Liberty-Bedford and talking pure crap to us telling us that we were going to lose December 2nd.... (yes I remember the day of the Graham State game... That was one of the single worst nights for me) And also on here Richlands "fans" were not saying to much kind words toward us and our State run. But either way thats fine Usually graham takes these words and just tries to prove it wrong... Haha I remember someone on here from grundy had posted a message about how bad they were going to beat us in the Playoff game in 2001. Someone from the graham team printed that post off and we Hung it up in the Team room and used that as reason to prove everyone wrong about how good we were. That is just the type of team graham is. If you doubt us will won't make it look like it bothers us. We will just take that and try and prove you people wrong. Maybe one day you people will realize that. Till then I encourage you people to keep putting graham down, Please do... Yall are just fueling a machine that just won't stop until it runs out of gas. And You people are saving them money on the HIGH Gas prices with all the fuel you are providing! So from a former Graham football player and now Graham Football fan... THank ya!

"First, we aren't a great team or anywhere close to great. We have a solid team, but it's a playoff caliber team, not a state title caliber team. With experience Bluefield could make some noise in the playoffs, but making it back to Wheeling for a four state year is highly doubtful."

I don't now about that, this team in my opinion has as much or more physical potential than the youthful team that made it to the title game in '02, if you consider it, the skill position players on this team are much faster and they have a lot more options on o to develope with experience. The other team had a better d though and that's smething that bluefield will have to remedy. But the potential is there, as mentioned the big thing is the brackets, everyone in wv is already writing weir and wayne in the title game and while I'd agree they are the certain contenders seemingly, noone knows that they won't meet in the semi's or earlier as bluefield and weir do.

If bluefield's qb is able to return 100% and they gain experience and learn with good attitudes then there's not really going to be many other aa teams that can stop bluefield on o in my honest opinion.

Especially if they eventually have there passing game going well. Point being I honestly believe they have the "potential" to be competitive with even the contenders to some degree..

But they have to make the playoffs of course and they have their hard work ahead of them....

[ QUOTE ]

I do go to a Saturday Graham game at least once a year, but why would I want to sit on the crowded home side when the other side is usually wide open?

[/ QUOTE ]Come to Us @ Montcalm on October First.. It should be a good game after what happened last year.. and whats happened at the basketball games lol But im glad we're playing on saturday because i get to go watch Richlands & Tazewell The day before grin.gif

Over the years Ive learned 2 important factors which impact the outcome of high school football games: No. 1 = Fundamentals. If the team is strong and has the fundamentals of the game down chances are good. No. 2 = On any given friday night the worst team could beat the best team. This depends on their dedication to following through.

Now I havent seen graham play this year, but its probably a safe bet to say fundamentals of the game are solid (tell me if i am wrong...) but I am sure the Gmen are dedicated to following through this season. So expect a 9 and 1 reg season with a solid showing in the playoffs.

GRAHAM 28 G-MEN will win beaver is way better than martinsville this year the fims proved that.

MARTINSVILLE 6

RICHLANDS 24

HONAKER 12

BASSETT 25

CARROLL CO 14

GRUNDY 30

SHELBY VALLEY 13

TAZEWELL 7

LEBANON 0

Grundy 28 Shelby Valley 14

Bassett 21 Carroll Co. 7

Martinsville 14 Graham 21

Richlands 35 Honaker 21

Lebanon 21 Tazewell 14

Gate City 42 Coeburn 13

Twin Valley 28 Bland Co. 20

There is my predictions!

this game is going to be close maybe a extra point missed or a 2 point conversion made. graham has a good team but they have to play their best to be undefeated till richlands. i figure the score is graham 14 martinsville 13 but who knows could be a blowout either way.