VT vs BC

rhsfan88

tech is due for a loss, they wont run the table with a (basically) freshman qb, hes good but when VT meets a team with athletes that can matchup with them on both sides of the ball, it will be a sad day in Blacksburg, im not Hokie bashing today, thats just my honest feeling, they will lose 2 games..i doubt UVA will beat them but i bet they play them tough but UM will get them this year and FSU will likely meet and beat em..being intimidated is one thing but you still have to play the game

You mean the basically freshman QB that just went 20-25-280. Guys named Vick are now 30-1 at Virginia Tech with the only loss coming in the 1999 when an actual fresman QB took a lead into the 4th quarter of the MNC before FSU came from behind against the 2nd team secondary.

Correction, Vick was 22-28-280

[ QUOTE ]

You mean the basically freshman QB that just went 20-25-280. Guys named Vick are now 30-1 at Virginia Tech with the only loss coming in the 1999 when an actual fresman QB took a lead into the 4th quarter of the MNC before FSU came from behind against the 2nd team secondary.

Correction, Vick was 22-28-280

[/ QUOTE ]" 2nd team secondary I thought Ronyell"Toast" Whitaker was a starter when Peter Warrick was beating him on the cover of SI magazine that came out right after FSU ecked out that 17 point win to claim the National Championship??? grin.gif

i guess i am a typical UT fan, ie, based in reality and knowing the level of competition the SEC brings week in week out , listen to Chokie Top all you want, the mockery is flattering especially knowing that VT wants to be where UT is and has been so they have to try to bring them down to compete..UT has a down year this year by UT and SEC standards but thats ok, we'll be back...juts remember what i said when VT loses and the crying starts

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I don't like them new jerseys...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just supposed to be a one game deal. Nike made them for VT, USC and Oregon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Made them for Miami too..

http://store.fansonly.com/marketplace/store_contents.cfm?cart_id=123655499010011551523221520052810&store_id=66&dept_id=-2&product_id=72767

I think the jerseys look pretty good..

just got home, the most gorgous thing i have ever seen lol met some guy from bluefield outside during the hokie walk didnt say his name but was nice, this drunk guy from uva was sittin in BC section running his mouth but the guy behind me kept him in check, start for a great weekend of football for me (tom at hillsville, sunday at bluefield for the AFL Bowl lol)

Another great night game atmosphere at Lane Stadium. There are very few places that can compare to a night game in Blacksburg with the crowd and emotion. VT played well for the most part, but the redzone productivity must improve and it starts with the play-calling.

And I cannot believe Ore wasn't put into the game until the second half. Yes, he had a fumble. However, he was the only back for VT hitting the holes quickly with power and speed. The kid is a beast and the sooner the VT coaches realize he should be getting more carries the better of VT will be.

Imoh has to be still injuried b/c the guy just isn't as quick and explosive as he was last season. Three times last night the VT OL busted a hole "as wide as Fantasy Gap" and Imoh didn't explode through any of the three, managing 7-8 yard gains. Last season he would have gotten at least 15-20 with holes that big.

I thought this was the year The Mighty Vols were going to win the National Championship, as the bragged all summer long. I have been to games at UT but nothing is more exciting then Thursday night at Lane. I had a ball last night. I love to get UT at Lane , just once. I guess that is only wishful thinking since that won't play Tech.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

what did everyone think bout the jerseys they wore tonight?

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked them myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the current jersey's with or without the orange sleeve. I like the classic style of Penn State, Alabama and Notre Dame. I'd be happy if the throwbacks Tech wore a few years ago were the regular uniforms.

[ QUOTE ]

Imoh has to be still injuried b/c the guy just isn't as quick and explosive as he was last season. Three times last night the VT OL busted a hole "as wide as Fantasy Gap" and Imoh didn't explode through any of the three, managing 7-8 yard gains. Last season he would have gotten at least 15-20 with holes that big.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually Fancy Gap. That is beamer's hometown in Carroll County.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually Fancy Gap. That is beamer's hometown in Carroll County.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...Yeah I know that. Look at what time I wrote that this morning after not getting to bed until after midnight, so I have an excuse.

As for the jerseys that Tech wore last night, they will not wear them again this season unless Tech is the home team in their bowl game.