Early thoughts on the Graham and Tazewell game.

football09

Piedmont  

1. 1. Piedmont

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the same type of game again just more ball control from the g-men they are gonna have to keep the ball out of bulldawgs hands and not make same mistakes as before,like execution of their plays, in the last game it looked as if people were not making blocks like they were suppose to but they have have improved on that.Should be a very good game again.

I see T-town coming out with a big W in this game. The last time they didn't come to play in the fourth quarter, and layed down and watched the G-men roll over them. Changes have been made and Tazewell has had 3 back to back big wins, and I look for it to be no different with the G-men. T-town 21 Graham 10

but what you are not taking into count is graham also has had several big wins back to back since that game and have made changes also to both defense and offense. and the running game is on track last week 3 backs all over 100 yards each this week henry over 300 against what everyone was touting as the second best team in the swd so dont think that graham will be that easy to beat this time. they know what they did wrong in game one and will correct that. and they are peaking at the right time. graham will win this one also.and i dont think tazewell layed down in the fourth quarter. i think grahams defense had something to do with that and how the game ended. to limit a team to only 5 plays in a entire quarter says something about graham. and tazewell dominated graham until graham decided that they had to step up and play like they were capable of.

from a neutral observer, i think Graham wins this game by two touchdowns. We played both these teams at home, and flat out couldn't stop Graham. They were the better of these two teams against us.

We must be the Rodney Dangerfield of football this year. We beat tazewell and people make excusses for why we beat them. We beat Carroll and they make excusses. we get no respect for what we have done but that is okay. We will pound tazewell again and that's that. Maybe we have to win a state championship in order to get some respect for what these guys have done. Not to many people gave us a chance against Carroll and after we killed them they say they had a bad game. They sure did have a bad game and we had something to do with that. Good luck to Richlands. I hope we get to play you guys again should be a better game than last time.

Tazewell blowed the first game. Graham beat them down the stretch. I'm glad we lost the first one because now the bulldogs are hungry they will be fired up graham will be too. I think its going to come down to how hard the defense plays for both teams. 21-14 tazewell over the g-men

I think this game will be a good one, a lot of emotion on both teams, But Graham has improved every game after the loss to their QB in mid-season and appears to peaking at the right time.

Tight game until the half then Graham takes over by 2 TDs.

Guest old_school

Graham is playing there best ball of the year right now and they are a different team than Tazewell played the first time. Of course, with the changes Tazewell has made on offense they are different team as well. Graham just has the look of a different team and they may surprise even Richlands if they play again. blush.gif Graham by one lonely touchdown. 21-14

Tazewell- 21

Graham- 17

It'll be a really close and tough game, but I know the Dawgs have worked hard, and they will be ready. Switchin out QB will probably make a difference in this game too. I look for Saunders to have some good yardage. Fourth quarter should be played . and No it really wasn't the first time either. it wasnt a matter of grahams defense skyrocketting the last quarter. Coach Wyatt has switched some things around, and i think our fourth quarter will be strong... Good Luck to everyone on the 19th

This game is a tough call for me. Graham and Tazewell both are firing on all cylinders. Graham may be the hottest team in the Region right now, BUT football is a game of matchups. I was in attendance the first game, and I thought Tazewell matched up very well with Graham. Even though Graham won, they were very lucky to have come away with a victory. I don't look for the Dogs to self-destruct again. Tazewell looked like the better team at the time, and seem to have made a very positive change in moving Saunders from QB to RB. While Graham whipped Carroll last week, with equal preparation time this will be a very even game. While my prediction is bound to be unpopular, I have to go with what my eyes tell me (based on the first meeting.) I thought Tazewell was better the first time, and I have no reason to believe that Graham could have improved so greatly in such a short time. Tazewell 27 Graham 24.

i watched both tz and graham play rhs. it looked like if you hit graham in the mouth often and early their backs didnt want the ball by the 3rd quarter... tz never gave up and still were hitting as the last seconds ticked off. tazewell has more heart and wins 21 to 14. there is one thing both tz and graham should keep in mind. ghs vs rhs we had 6 kids on crutches, in slings back for the 1st time since a broken leg(jennings) and 4 players getting physical therapy all week pre game. ths vs rhs gayheart injured and still caught a td pass one handed (CALLED BACK) and #79 bighouse justin taylor did not play because of injury. ths should ask ghs how tough he is to block. if all goes well against lebanon we will be at full strength for the first time all year. rhs played a very inspired cc and had 5 scoring opp. and only converted on 1. for the rest of the year we are about 90% in the red zone. i wish both tz and ghs good luck and no matter who makes it out of this region i hope the swd wins another state title.

hard to vote on a game of this caliber, this game could go either way, henry vs the tazewell def. & the new look dawgs backfield vs the graham def., wow would love to see this game.

either way you boys hammer the snot out of each other & the blues will be waiting on you.

it's a shame that teams in the SWD have to eliminate each other from the playoffs. I'm a Graham fan but I want all area teams to do well, seems the VHSL could break us up a little, it would be great to see 2 SWD teams in the state semi's, but the VHSL, I guess, doesnt see it that way.

Graham, Tazewell, and Richlands would eliminate a lot of teams if they were allowed to do it

and what you dont take into count is graham was without their starting qb and had to go to the back up and admittidly he should have been ready but richlands played great against him and confused him and they only then had to key on henry but now teams have to look at a good freshman qb and 3 running backs hitting on all cylinders. against tazewell yes tazewell played great the first 3 quarters but graham stayed in the game and was in better shape the 4th quarter when it counted for all the marbles and held the great tazewell team to 5 snaps the entire 4th quarter. but then i guess tazewell just gave up like cc did against graham. that graham had nothing to do with either outcome. it was the other team giving up. if that is what everyone seems to be saying what does that say for these teams that they cannot stand the heat in the kitchen when the game gets tight. or does it say that graham is a better team than others are giving them credit for this year.

Taking all information provided into account, I would still have a very tough time picking the winner. Based on what I saw again, Tazewell beat themselves. I have to give all credit to Graham for not quitting on the interception, and on the long runs. In the last quarter, what I saw was a critical late hit on fourth down, which I thought was questionable. I also thought one of the conversions clearly should have been measured, but was not, thus continuing the drive. However, Graham took what they were given and won, just like winners do. Whichever team wins or loses, I personally thought Tazewell had a VERY SLIGHTLY better team. The difference is almost microscopic, and I just have a feeling that Tazewell will win this one. Either way, I hope that this is a very competitive game, and that the winner will be a very worthy opponent for hopefull Richlands.