Mr. Primetime

tullyblanchard

I haven't heard anything about Garon Marcum lately. I guess a 2-8 season says it all about the one man show in G-town. If they hadn't had 5 runningbacks make 1st team in the SWD, would he had made it?? Are any D1 schools looking at him? I don't think he has the skills to be D1. He was riding a big ego into this season and he finished his career standing on the sidelines. I need your info Lance... you've been really quite as of late

yeah he was good playing smaller schools. teams with a good :d: shut him down. I beleive he had 28 or 13 yards (cant remember) on richlands this year with big house ripping the ball out of his hands and running for a td.. thats my favorite play of the year lol

[ QUOTE ]

I haven't heard anything about Garon Marcum lately. I guess a 2-8 season says it all about the one man show in G-town. If they hadn't had 5 runningbacks make 1st team in the SWD, would he had made it?? Are any D1 schools looking at him? I don't think he has the skills to be D1. He was riding a big ego into this season and he finished his career standing on the sidelines. I need your info Lance... you've been really quite as of late

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been sitting back being really quiet myself here lately, but after reading your simpleton post, I felt compelled to finally say something again.

"I don't think he has the skills to be D1. He was riding a big ego into this season and he finished his career standing on the sidelines."

The sad part is that you really don't realize how arrogant and pathetic you really are by saying something like that.

If you know the kid, he never has had an ego problem. He has had confidence in himself, and if you don't have that, you might as well not even bother stepping out on that field. Despite all odds, he had a good season and done the best that he could do. There's no need for you to come on here and run your mouth to try to pour salt in the wound.

Maybe Lance will give you some info, but I sure won't. You need to learn to be more tactful and get some class.

I take nothing away from garron being Grundy's all-time leader in rushing yards. Just this year he didint do as good as expected. Luck just wasnt on his side.

[ QUOTE ]

When he doesn't have anyone that can block for him on his team, what do you expect him to do. That was a dumb post and Marcum could easily be a D1 RB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah right..........

No. I don't think Marcum could go D1, and that was proven this year. Marcum is good, don't get me wrong, one of the best in the area, but a D1 back can make plays happen on his own at the high school level. I don't think he went into the season too cocky, either. He probably just wasn't prepared to have to carry all of the weight on his shoulders though.

[ QUOTE ]

No. I don't think Marcum could go D1, and that was proven this year. Marcum is good, don't get me wrong, one of the best in the area, but a D1 back can make plays happen on his own at the high school level. I don't think he went into the season too cocky, either. He probably just wasn't prepared to have to carry all of the weight on his shoulders though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truth be known, I think that Marcum is neither as good as his line made him look last year, or as bad as it made him look this year. Last year he ran thru some big holes, this year he had no holes. You are as good as your line. The real problem here is that the Grundy fans hyped this kid way too much. I know they wanted him to do well no doubt, but they severely over-inflated his value. Those people don't have too much to say now.

Well Im from Richlands and know talent when I see it, Marcum has skill and plenty of it. Thats the problem in our area as well as other areas. People need to remove the blinders and watch the game and the players not scoreboards and the hype. Several good athletes get over looked by playing at small schools or lack support it takes to get the "break".

If any of you here actually know Garon (and yes, i do personally know him, incase u were going to say something) you will know that he is the LEAST egotistical person you will ever meet- so the previous comment about ego was a totally baseless acusation. As far as d1 goes- I think, if given the oportunity, he could succeed... You can be the greatest RB in the nation, but you can't do it alone- so saying that Garon should have done everything on his own is wrong as well- his team didnt block and he didnt get all of the recognition he deserved.... and people don't need to be hatin on a very talented player such as Garon.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everytime you talk, its always negative, why don't you say something nice for once?

Marcum is a good player, he really didn't have a line this year, and I talked to him after the game. He isn't egotistical at all, paying compliments to his freinds/players and saying how we did. The only knock is his size, but he can still do good.

You need to find something better to do than bash high schoolers on a site trying to PROMOTE athletes in SWVA.

Tully you got the right name, your name sake was a chicken s**t too...Grundys season been over quite awhile why do you come onm here now runnin your pie hole...Garon is one of the finest kid"s ive been around and Id be damn proud if my kid can ever make the impact on the SWD that Garon has had..You know Tully it"s one thing to have an oppinion but you come on here and clearly attack this kid...Man Id smack you in the mouth if yuou where within an arms length..

ok nobody get mad im not trying to trash the guy but I dont think he is D1 material (at least not on the high level)

lets compare him to justin hamilton from clintwood great junior seasons where they played on great teams senior year JH had nothing arround him and he carried that team in college he has been a flop just not good enough to play at tech marcum was hurt this past season but did nothing I think he could play at a mid major college and be very productive but at a big school his competition is bigger stronger and faster not to mention more talented he could play special teams (like hamilton and by his senior season be average) I hope im wrong but thats ho I see it

[ QUOTE ]

ok nobody get mad im not trying to trash the guy but I dont think he is D1 material (at least not on the high level)

lets compare him to justin hamilton from clintwood great junior seasons where they played on great teams senior year JH had nothing arround him and he carried that team in college he has been a flop just not good enough to play at tech marcum was hurt this past season but did nothing I think he could play at a mid major college and be very productive but at a big school his competition is bigger stronger and faster not to mention more talented he could play special teams (like hamilton and by his senior season be average) I hope im wrong but thats ho I see it

[/ QUOTE ]

Justin Hamilton is a starter on defense. He has been one of the most versital players that Tech has, playing many different positions over the past 4 years. How do you get he has been a flop??confused.gif

I don't really have much to say about it..I have no need to "defend" Garon...he finished up the school's all time leading rusher, had close to 4,000 yards splitting time with other backs along the way, and had no line to block for him this year and still got over 900 yards in 9 games...played his SR year on one of the worst teams in Grundy history...only missed one game due to injury his entire time at Grundy...if you know the guy, you know how dumb this post really is...if you don't know him, then you missed out on knowing a great kid.

I don't know what Garon is going to do, or if he'll ever run the ball again at any level...but what he did at Grundy stands on it's own...I'll tell you guys what I told him at the Haysi game..he walked off that field with more yards than anyone who ever put a helmet on for Grundy...and there have been some greats along the way...he has nothing else to prove to anyone...period.

How could you say Justin Hamilton be a flop he has played ever since his Freshman year.

WR-Fr-5 catches 56 yards

WR-So-23 catches 282 yards 1 TD

RB-Jun-336 yards 3 TD

FS-Sen-31 tackles and 3 Int

how could that be a flop? he had those stats which are pretty good and only started in a limited amount of those games?

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Someone to go on here and say things like that about a kid should have kept that to theirselves....He had a great career and not to have had the best year as a senior playing prob more than half his games with some type of injury or another and still have the yards he had may havent showed his potential this year, but it showed he had great curage and heart to do what he did.... Nothing he shouldnt be proud of.

If you need proof that this is a class kid, consider the fact that someone comes on here and trashes him and he does not respond.

I enjoyed watching you lay it on the line on the field, and you show class and maturity now.

i'll just say that, in my opinion, a lot of the reason why people are sure to point out what happened this season... is because of the way some of the Grundy fans got on here before the season started and claimed he was the greatest and didn't need an O-line because he could do it himself... and that he should be mentioned in the same recruiting circle as those RB's from Florida, Texas, and California... saying not only is he the greatest around here - but in the country. i think it's because of those that hyped him up SOOOO much on this board during the preseason, that some are taking pleasure in pointing out that the season wasn't what they claimed it would be.

but, one thing is certain - he had a heck of a career... and no matter what happened this year or what will happen in 10 years... nobody can take away the success he had as a player - and i hope he remembers these as the best days of his life... the very best days of his life.

good luck to Garon... i'm sure great things are in the future.