Best By Position

psycho

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield is equal to a Single A team in Virginia high Single A but they could be Single A, Bluefield would have not beat richlands in 05. Just get over it EVERYONE, the season is over time to move on, see what this year brings.

[/ QUOTE ]

You show your complete ignorance in making comments like these. Because there are powerhouse on the east coast of Virginia that produce blue chip prospects, you think you can put down west va ball by relying on those teams to back you up. This statement has no merit and if you truly believe this then I I have some swampland for sale. Our record against ALL I repeat ALL SWD teams can speak for itslef. A single A school in VA? HAHA , then where does that put you?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

My advice to Richlands is tell whoever nixed the proposed series with Bluefield back in January to grow a pair, so it can be settled on the field of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about that... This is the second year of the current schedule contracts. That's probably why they couldn't work it out. Maybe they can do something for '07.

[/ QUOTE ]

BigD,

You and I exchanged some PMs about this early in the year. Bluefield contacted Richlands about a series and they were very interested. Talks went on for a couple of weeks and were going very well, it was getting close to happening. Bluefield called looking to finalize the series and was abruptly told that Riclands was no longer interested in such a series. No reason was given, simply that they were no longer interested. You shared with me what you thought probably happen on Richlands end in those PMs, do you recall them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I do... And I just added another possibility to what might have happened.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

My advice to Richlands is tell whoever nixed the proposed series with Bluefield back in January to grow a pair, so it can be settled on the field of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about that... This is the second year of the current schedule contracts. That's probably why they couldn't work it out. Maybe they can do something for '07.

[/ QUOTE ]

BigD,

You and I exchanged some PMs about this early in the year. Bluefield contacted Richlands about a series and they were very interested. Talks went on for a couple of weeks and were going very well, it was getting close to happening. Bluefield called looking to finalize the series and was abruptly told that Riclands was no longer interested in such a series. No reason was given, simply that they were no longer interested. You shared with me what you thought probably happen on Richlands end in those PMs, do you recall them?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Understood. If that's the case then the question becomes why did they show so much interest when first contacted? And why did they continue to allow the fire burn for a couple of weeks before putting it out? One thing looks to be certain, Bluefield will have an open date in '07 so hopefully someone will step up to the challenge.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield is equal to a Single A team in Virginia high Single A but they could be Single A, Bluefield would have not beat richlands in 05. Just get over it EVERYONE, the season is over time to move on, see what this year brings.

[/ QUOTE ]

. A single A school in VA? HAHA , then where does that put you?

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe we have had this along time ago that bluefield could be a div. 2 team in virginia. we have close to 900 students and are a low AA team.

And thats fine as long as you are talking about school size. But accomplishments and team level, you comparing bluefields accomplishments to a singel A school in Virginia is moronic. We could kill Giles 9 games out of 10. And we have already had a post about how we stack up to Salem. So making it to the state championship 5 straight years in WV in AA deserves respect!!!! I know that most Bluefield posters make you sick if you aren't a Bluefield fan by their bragging, but cmon dude, we have earned respect by our accoimplishments, you can't downplay that

There is nothing wrong with single A schools in Virginia or West Virginia either for that matter. I played against the 97 Bluefield team and I played against the Powell Valley team with Thomas Jones his senior year and that was the best team I ever played against not the 97 Bluefield. Giles is not the only single A team in Virginia you also have Powell Valley, Appalachia, Gate City had some great teams with Houseright, Beasley, the QB who went to UNC. Bluefield deserves a ton of respect for their acomplishments but you cant downplay the single A schools either.

i agree that its silly to blast w.v football......bluefield has excellent teams and while there are many not so good teams in w.v., swva has the entire highlands district (i couldn't resist)......

[ QUOTE ]

Everyone must praise Graham and Bluefield, last time I looked last year when they ranked the SWD Richlands was #1 and also dont Richlands and Graham have the same number of Championships

[/ QUOTE ]Graham had 89 and 96. Richland's just has 92, if I'm right?

[ QUOTE ]

i agree that its silly to blast w.v football......bluefield has excellent teams and while there are many not so good teams in w.v., swva has the entire highlands district (i couldn't resist)......

[/ QUOTE ]

Highlands district? What teams consist of this? Can you list these?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BigD,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Understood. If that's the case then the question becomes why did they show so much interest when first contacted? And why did they continue to allow the fire burn for a couple of weeks before putting it out? One thing looks to be certain, Bluefield will have an open date in '07 so hopefully someone will step up to the challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well for one thing, its all about the money!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

We easily beat gate city in a scrimmage in 92. Although Gate city has great teams and i highly respect coach colobro. A former bluefield boy i might add

[/ QUOTE ]

That team with Houseright, Beasley and someone help me out I cant remember that QBs name could have played with anyone around here from WV to VA from A to AAA, 92 was before their time I think

Yeah I was using Gate City and Powell Valley to prove a point everyone acts like the A teams around here are a bunch of pushovers but those are just two examples of a couple of schools that have had some real good teams

the thing about it though is this, in my honest opinion in some seasons, particularly some in the '90s, swva's a teams have been stronger than the aa teams. To me it seems that that's because there's really not much difference in enrollment size and va.s classifications aren't as they should be. You all in va. have smaller teams enrollment wise in aa in some situations than teams in a.

And I agree there have been some formidable a teams in va, and powell valley and gate city are on my list of teams I'd enjoy seeing bluefield schedule games with.

That said, noone's said anything about swd teams bowing down to bluefield, it seems it's bluefield that's more having to defend their caliber because they are in wv.

Bluefield fans should never have to defend their football program. They have been one of the most successful teams in this region for a long time.

And it is ONE REGION! Southwest Virgina and Southern West Virginia are virtually identical. From the geography, to the economy, to the people. It's silly to think football is any better or worse on one side of the state line than it is on the other.

As for Richlands playing Bluefield... That's something I want to see every year simply because playing them (win or lose) earns respect. I don't care how upset people from Richlands are about 2002, or how upset people from Bluefield are about 1999. People are going to be upset about the officiating anyway. Even when they don't deserve it. Just check this board on any Saturday morning in the fall and you'll see how true that is.

[ QUOTE ]

how upset people from Bluefield are about 1999

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield folks aren't "upset" about the 1999 game. We still won that game and are trying to restart the series with Richlands again. I just like pointing to the Richlands fans that cry foul about 2002 that Bluefield has been on the receiving end while playing at Richlands in the past.

The people preventing such a series should be ashamed of themselves for depriving the young men from both schools the opportunity to compete against such a high caliber opponent and the people of both communities from witnessing such a matchup. I'm disgusted about it, all the true fans should be.

listen....even newspapers, and the news all complained about 02....so it wasnt a fantasy of richlands, it happened....but ur right...we should polay ull....and hopefully we will....find out who the best really is, but i doubt we will bc mance said NEVER AGAIN!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

listen....even newspapers, and the news all complained about 02....so it wasnt a fantasy of richlands, it happened....but ur right...we should polay ull....and hopefully we will....find out who the best really is, but i doubt we will bc mance said NEVER AGAIN!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Never said it was a fantasy b/c I was there. The papers and news didn't "complain" about it, they simply reported the fudge up by the officials with the clock late in the game. It's over and done with. You don't see Bluefield crying and refusing to play you again b/c of the poorly officated game in 1999 do you? Crap happens, get over it, and move ahead. There's no future living in the past.