Best By Position

psycho

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you guys trying to revise history???....beano, graham was NOT stopping the richlands offense....richlands scored on 2 of their last 3 offensive possessions.......one to go up 13-6, then gave up the long pass to brown and immediately drove 70 plus yards to retake the lead....they kicked off to graham, stopped them on downs to take over at about the graham 35 yard line, and then took one knee to end the game.......where is this "graham woulda won with another 2 minutes" stuff coming from??

lol....shouldas, wouldas, and couldas are in the past and u cant change the past...we shut graham down the whole game...in case u havent realized virginia is known alot better for football than west virginia....so what bluefield does with the wv teams, no one really cares...

[ QUOTE ]

in case u havent realized virginia is known alot better for football than west virginia....so what bluefield does with the wv teams, no one really cares...

[/ QUOTE ]

And we do the same to most Virginia teams when they step up to the plate and play us. My advice to Richlands is tell whoever nixed the proposed series with Bluefield back in January to grow a pair, so it can be settled on the field of play.

BTW: The better football you speak of is played on the East Coast of Virginia in places like the Tidewater and NOVA. The football played in Southwestern Virginia is no better than what's played in WV, so get over yourself.

Bluefield is equal to a Single A team in Virginia high Single A but they could be Single A, Bluefield would have not beat richlands in 05. Just get over it EVERYONE, the season is over time to move on, see what this year brings.

And why is the SWD ranked one of the HARDEST districts to be in? I belive we was top 8 at the end of the season in district standings on some website

[ QUOTE ]

And why is the SWD ranked one of the HARDEST districts to be in? I belive we was top 8 at the end of the season in district standings on some website

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say it wasn't hard, but it's no better than the football played in WV. And you better thank Graham for your rep around the state because they've carried the SWD for years.

Everyone must praise Graham and Bluefield, last time I looked last year when they ranked the SWD Richlands was #1 and also dont Richlands and Graham have the same number of Championships

At what point did I say you didn't have an outstanding team last year? Never. You guys had a wonderful team and should have won the state title. However, over the past decade or so Graham has carried the SWD and pretty much dominated the district. They've had the biggest hand in helping the SWD establish the rep. that you have. If you've ever visited VirginiaPreps.com though, very people over there respect the SWD and are always bashing the teams that hail from it.

Everyteam is strong in the SWD. Everyone knows that SWVA dont get respect against the east coast ball, but i believe abother post shows the teams from SWVA that has competed for state championship this year.

[ QUOTE ]

Everyteam is strong in the SWD. Everyone knows that SWVA dont get respect against the east coast ball, but i believe abother post shows the teams from SWVA that has competed for state championship this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it funny? The SWVA gets bashed by the folks from the East Coast of Virginia and even from people in the Roanoke area. Then those SWVA folks turn around and bash WV football. It's just sad that in order to try and build up something a person is associated with that they have to try and tear down something or someone else.

it's the tidewater aaa football that va. has it's reputation from, aa and a seem to be more mid to western va. Wv doesn't have the big aaa caliber football va. does, but then so what, other than the fact that it's va., how does eastern aaa football reflect on the football in mid to sw va? It's good football throughout va. and yall have much to be proud of and I enjoy it myself, but who are we kidding, it's not tidewater football in the swd.

thats right...in southwest virginia we play smash mouth football...its what we are made of....when liberty came this year, we welcomed them to southwest virginia....as for graham carrying the southwest district....thats a bunch of bull....when u come play richlands u know u are coming for 4 quarters of us taking the football and giving u everything u want and more...thats richlands football....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it funny? The SWVA gets bashed by the folks from the East Coast of Virginia and even from people in the Roanoke area. Then those SWVA folks turn around and bash WV football. It's just sad that in order to try and build up something a person is associated with that they have to try and tear down something or someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt bash any WV football.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt bash any WV football.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you didn't, but others did.

[ QUOTE ]

My advice to Richlands is tell whoever nixed the proposed series with Bluefield back in January to grow a pair, so it can be settled on the field of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about that... This is the second year of the current schedule contracts. That's probably why they couldn't work it out. Maybe they can do something for '07.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

My advice to Richlands is tell whoever nixed the proposed series with Bluefield back in January to grow a pair, so it can be settled on the field of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about that... This is the second year of the current schedule contracts. That's probably why they couldn't work it out. Maybe they can do something for '07.

[/ QUOTE ]

BigD,

You and I exchanged some PMs about this early in the year. Bluefield contacted Richlands about a series and they were very interested. Talks went on for a couple of weeks and were going very well, it was getting close to happening. Bluefield called looking to finalize the series and was abruptly told that Riclands was no longer interested in such a series. No reason was given, simply that they were no longer interested. You shared with me what you thought probably happen on Richlands end in those PMs, do you recall them?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BigD,

You and I exchanged some PMs about this early in the year. Bluefield contacted Richlands about a series and they were very interested. Talks went on for a couple of weeks and were going very well, it was getting close to happening. Bluefield called looking to finalize the series and was abruptly told that Riclands was no longer interested in such a series. No reason was given, simply that they were no longer interested. You shared with me what you thought probably happen on Richlands end in those PMs, do you recall them?

[/ QUOTE ]

thats cold hearted putting him on the spot like.you should be fired.