• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

bluefield cheats?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's talking about the last time Richlands and Bluefield played... Last game of the season, Bluefield needed a win to make the playoffs, refs made sure they got it. I don't think anyone believes the Bluefield coaches had anything to do with it but unfortunately it hasn't been forgotten.

I guess if Bluefield cheats they learned from the best in Richlands during the 1999 game at Richlands. Richlands fans should remember that one, the one in which the entire right side of the Richlands OL was allowed to fire off the line before the snap all night long. So dry up the whining, you've been on both sides of the fence. And let us not forget "Cleat Gate."

Of course, the Richlands coaches were as responsible and at fault as much as the Bluefield coaches were in the 2002 meeting. Again I'll say, that officiating crew hasn't officiated a Bluefield game since. How many times has the crew from the 1999 game been allowed to officiate Richlands games since?

See, I knew this was going to start a fight. That's why I said I don't believe the coaches had anything to do with it. I wasn't at the 1999 game, and I remember very little about the 2002 game. Whatever happened, happened a long time ago. Time to forget about it and get ready for 2006.

[ QUOTE ]

he didnt, i did... its hard to forget what u was there to see... 92' i wasnt there but 02 i was....but really bigd is right who cares i mean they got put out first round...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually after that Richlands/Bluefield game in 02, Bluefield made their first of 5 straight runs to the state championship game..

What ever makes you all feel better. RHS still gets stomped by bluefield every year they play. Don't make excuses why they can never keep up (even with foot long cleats). It will always be that way. bluefield is the best them in SWVA and SWV, thats why everyone hates on them so bad.

I agree, and it is ashame that RHS refuses to play Beaver. Guess they don't want to chalk up anoter L in the lose column. Who can blame them though it is embarasing to lose to a AA team in WV when you think your a power house in VA.