Hey, hey, hey...goodbye!!!

GMan

I'm basing Morgantown based on the heart of the actual town of Morgantown, the downtown section. Places like Cheat Lake and Cooper's Rock aren't located in the town of Morgantown. The Rock is located in Bruceton Mills, WV and Cheat Lake is located south of Morgantown on I-68. In fact, much of WVU isn't located within the town limits of Morgantown...

And beaverball, the comparison to Welch comes from the way the houses are set up in downtown Morgantown. It reminds me of driving through Welch and seeing the houses on the hills and built so close that if you step out your front door you step through your neighbor's backdoor.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JJBrickface

Dude I live here and you are exaggerating about that. If you are comparing Morgantown to Welch then you could do the same with Bluefield. Like I said you are judging just based on the downtown campus. There is more to Morgantown then just that. There is the Evansdale campus where the state of the art WVU Student rec center and the Coliseum is located. The thing is Morgantown can't be too bad because the student enrollment is getting bigger every year.

Never said it was bad. And I've been to plenty enough frat parties in the downtown section of town to know exactly how close the houses are. I simply said as far as lay-out and natural beautiful that Blacksburg has it beat. It's different strokes for different folks, and for this "folk" I'd take the Blacksburg and the VT campus over WVU and Morgantown any day.

Furthermore, the WVU is so spread out up there it isn't even funny. Some people like it, some people don't; I don't. Getting up at 6am to get ready and catch a PRT so you can HOPEFULLY make an 8am class isn't my idea of a good college experience. Having a take a cab to one of your classes because it's located so far from the dorms and not on the PRT route isn't my idea of fun either. I guess some enjoy it...

Guest JJBrickface

Once again you are wrong. I use the PRT and NEVER have to get up two hours early. WVU is NOT spread out either, it has two campuses. Go to Penn State or some other colleges and you will know what spread out it is. The PRT system is very efficient. From going to Evansdale to downtown it takes approximately seven minutes. Once again you are exaggerating something that you dont know about.

[ QUOTE ]

Once again you are wrong. I use the PRT and NEVER have to get up two hours early. WVU is NOT spread out either, it has two campuses. Go to Penn State or some other colleges and you will know what spread out it is. The PRT system is very efficient. From going to Evansdale to downtown it takes approximately seven minutes. Once again you are exaggerating something that you dont know about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Is that why my friends that went to WVU during the mid-1990s through the early 2000s were always complaining about the PRT being down? Or complaining about having to get up hours before they normally would just so they could get to class on time because the lines for the PRT were so long? Or about one of my friends having a business class at a campus building in which he had to take a cab to because freshmen weren't allowed to have cars?

My friends that attend and attended WVU are some of the most loyal WVU fans they are and even they complain about the poor campus lay-out, how spread out it is, and how crappy the PRT is. So spare me with I don't know what I talking about kiddo.

Guest JJBrickface

Look I am a student here now. The PRT rarely breaks down. I odnt know about then but there is absolutley no reason to get up at that time unless you are primping in front of the mirror. Another myth is freshman cant have cars on campus so once again you are wrong. Freshman can have cars but they are encouraged not to bring cars because of parking. If you are a freshman then you don't really even need a car because droms are in close proximity to everything. Once again with this being a University of 30,000 students the campus IS NOT SPREAD OUT. So I will continue to say that you dont know what you are talking about.Kiddo!

[ QUOTE ]

from a standpoint of someone who doesnt really lean toward either side...i think WVU has better fans because they are better at getting into the other teams heads...yeah Blacksburg is loud...but its just a bunch of noise...WVU fans get into the heads...and West Virginia WAS a part of Virginia so no one from this area can really talk crap about each other....

[/ QUOTE ]

No way you're being serious! They aren't better at getting in other teams heads... just better at throwing batteries, bottles, and pennies at other teams heads.

I guess my friends at WVU have lied to me and told pretty much the same horror stories despite some of them not even knowing one another... smirk.gif

Regardless, I'm done. I've spoke my peace on the subject and am no longer interested in debating the WVU campus. As I said, some like it, some hate it. I never considered going to WVU because I hated the campus and didn't find the town all that appealing. That's my personal view and obviously only my view...

Guest JJBrickface

I respect your view but I have to correct you when you are wrong.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Most of us WVU fans are not really happy of how he has handled the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

They'll get over it. It's a bad decision on his part though because he had it made at WVU. Now he goes to Tobacco Road, where his Woofies play second fiddle to Carolina and Dook. At least he'll have a nice paycheck to soften the blow...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you crazy? Who in their right mind would stay in Morgantown when they can move to beautiful Raleigh NC? Give me a break...

Guest JJBrickface

Apparently alot of coaches don't want to go to "beautiful Raleigh"

[ QUOTE ]

Why would you want to make fun of West Virginians anyways? Its one thing to have a rivalry between the schools and sports teams but to use degrading comments about people of a state is just stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's clear this up...WVU sux!

Guest JJBrickface

WVU Sux = 2006 Sugar Bowl Champions, 2005 NCAA Elite 8, 2006 Sweet 16 ke he he

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

from a standpoint of someone who doesnt really lean toward either side...i think WVU has better fans because they are better at getting into the other teams heads...yeah Blacksburg is loud...but its just a bunch of noise...WVU fans get into the heads...and West Virginia WAS a part of Virginia so no one from this area can really talk crap about each other....

[/ QUOTE ]

No way you're being serious! They aren't better at getting in other teams heads... just better at throwing batteries, bottles, and pennies at other teams heads.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha!

Boys Boys Boys i live in a town where its more redneck than anything you boys have ever seen..Southwest Virginia is no different that Southern West Virginia im from northern west virginia and let me tell you..its very different very classy from the town im from, I live in the state of Virginia and despise the hokies and love the mountaineers..heck i like UVA more than tech..

[ QUOTE ]

So G-Man what are the expectations down in Blackhole this fall? I mean how many of the VThugs will be arrested, placed on probation, or get kicked off of the team. Of course those that this happens to will only make Beamer say"They come from a good family"

[/ QUOTE ]

Pac-Man Jones.....shall I start breaking out the laudry list of WVU players (both former & current) in trouble with the law?

[ QUOTE ]

Boys Boys Boys i live in a town where its more redneck than anything you boys have ever seen..Southwest Virginia is no different that Southern West Virginia im from northern west virginia and let me tell you..its very different very classy from the town im from, I live in the state of Virginia and despise the hokies and love the mountaineers..heck i like UVA more than tech..

[/ QUOTE ]

That would explain why you live in Grundy...which is more like eastern Kentucky. The only classy thing about northern WV is that it is not southern WV...which is also like eastern Kentucky. As for fans, WVU fans for the most part are very loyal and great people. It's the idiots who find it necessary to curse, hurl insults and objects at opposing fans and generally act like idiots that hurt WVU's image. I think WVU is a fine place to go to college if you can't get in Bluefield State or Mountain State University.

Guest JJBrickface

gman86 you are now going to make fun of your own state by making fun of Grundy? You have issues. Narz, you are so jealous of our Sugar Bowl victory and our basketball success. As for the laundry list of WVU players, you can find some guys, but the list is so much longer of VT players. The difference between us and you is that when Pac Man Jones screwed up, most Mountaineer fans said of how stupid he was. The majority of VT fans took up for MArcus Vick after he stomped on Dumervils leg, some even said that it was clearly an accident.

Show me one VT fan that stood up for Vick!!! Search this board, you'll find posts from me and a bunch of others saying he needs to go!

All of this crap is just STUPID! We don't play any more and hopefully NEVER WILL AGAIN! GET OVER IT!

Ooh... I'm so jealous of your Sugar Bowl victory over a team that clearly underestimated you so bad in the first half they couldn't catch up despite crushing you in the second. VT has their own Sugar Bowl victory thank you.

Do you even realize all this garbage is because VT did what they HAD TO DO in regards to ACC expansion? And your own beloved university could have stopped it? VT made the proposal to let Miami go to the ACC and VT and the rest of the Big East would sign a pact to stick together and turn down offers from other conferences! YOU and the rest of the Big East turned that proposal down because YOU KNEW FULL WELL if a better conference came calling you would answer. So when VT does what it has to do and accepts an offer to join the ACC all the penny tossing heathens start crying that VT broke it's promise to stay in the Big East... but you knew then and you know now that VT's promise was conditional on the rest of the Big East making the same promise BUT THEY DIDN"T!!!

I wish you and the rest of WVU would just SHUT THE **** UP!!! I stopped reading the VT message boards because there is always some idiot WVU fan on them every day spouting this very same garbage. It's childish. Just go worry about your own team and the schedule they play WHICH DOES NOT INCLUDE VIRGINIA TECH!!!

Guest JJBrickface

I didn't say anyone on this board now did I? By the way are you a Weir Red Riders fan? Because the last time I checked football is played for four quarters, and at the end of four quarters WVU was on top of Georgia and can claim the victory. They crushed us in the second half? Outscoring someone 14-7 isn't considered getting crushed to me. Why don't you chew on that for a while?

Also you are wrong about WVU not trying to keep the Big East in tact. Read this link: http://espn.go.com/ncaa/news/2003/0606/1564113.html

"Pac-Man Jones.....shall I start breaking out the laudry list of WVU players (both former & current) in trouble with the law?"

ever heard of marcus vick? geez, atleast he kept his dirty laundry off the field, does the name elvis dummerville ring a bell?