plooolt

Who do you think is #1 in the World  

1. 1. Who do you think is #1 in the World

• Tiger Woods
    • Phil Mickelson
    • V.J. Singh
    • Retief Goosen
    • Ernie Els

This should be a good game. Lebanon has a very good running game and decent passing game. I think where Tazewell will give them the most problems is defending the pass. I noticed against GW, Tazewell done very well passing the ball and Lebanon struggled against Honaker, especially in the first half. But if Lebanon can control the ball with their running game then they can win, if not it will be a long night.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes if Tazewell can keep the passing game going all year, it will be tough on all teams to defned them, everyone is use to putting 8 to 9 on the line and going after them, thats why i put the Dawgs up there as favorites with the Blues and G Men to win the SWD!!!

I was at the Tazewell-George Wythe game and the Dawgs looked very, very versatile. All of the kids on that team can play 48 minutes and are also well-disciplined. As for the George Wythe game, we should have all seen that coming. That senior class is doomed. After a few transfers from the class, (most notably a RB that would be a big name if he stayed, Aaron Barnett) the team has had to rely on the only true talented player on the first-team squad McCoy, although he only received 6 carries. After transferring away from there myself, I can tell you that play-time there is political and that a few boys on that sideline could have prevented such a blowout. After rambling on, my point is that Tazewell's first test of the season will be Lebanon. I have no doubt in my mind that they will win and have a spectacular season, but the GW game was totally not a test for the Dawgs. My pick: Tazewell, 28-13

Tazewell has a good team, when you beat any GW team by that score, you hafta be good. Lebanon will have to play better than they did against Honaker to win, but I've seen them do it before. It's still too early in the season to gauge any team, in my humble opinion.

I can see where this game could get lopsided, but don't be too quick to count out Lebanon. I've seen John Adams and co. come up with some pretty good game plans for stopping good offenses before.

Lebanon is a much better team than GW so I wouldn't bet on it being a definite win. I say Russell Co. 1, Tazewell Co. 1. Good Luck to all teams and safe travel. Should be a good game either way.

Lebanon is a much better team than GW so I wouldn't bet on it being a definite win. I say Russell Co. 1, Tazewell Co. 1. Good Luck to all teams and safe travel. Should be a good game either way.

--------------------

so you are saying honaker will beat richlands... i dont see that happening cause aint no way lebanon will beat tazewell

So if Lebanon scores more points than Tazewell they still wouldn't win. There must be different rules for Tazewell because normally if you outscore an opponent than you win. So unless Tazewell has unique rules then I believe there is a way Lebanon can beat Tazewell.

How do you know that Lebanon is a much better team than GW? Is it because GW has been beaten by good AA schools? Who has Lebanon played that makes them better. We will see how good they are when they play Tazewell. That will be a better base for comparison. It is way too early to say any team is much better unless they have played each other or the same team. If Lebanon beats Tazewell, then I will admit that they are much better than GW.

maybe i'm lost, but i took tarter to mean "tazewell county teams 2-0", as supporting all tazewell county teams: richlands 2-0, graham 2-0, and tazewell 2-0 - hoping all teams will win this weekend. and the post about tazewell 1, russell 1 - to mean that richlands would win, and lebanon would win... not that tazewell would lose and still take the win.... man... so much confusion!!!! i feel like i'm reading the bdt! smile.gif

If Tazewell is just worried about Jessee then it could be a tough night. Skyler Musick could go off for 200 plus in a heartbeat and Richard Lockridge could provide a big boost. The defense is solid against the run but unproven against the pass. That being said you can throw everything out the window with the rain. Anything can happen in conditions like this.

Jessee isn't that great. Musick is for real. I saw the Honaker-Lebanon game and Jessee didnt do anything. His passing game was non existant. Honaker's Sophomore QB was much more impressive than Jessee. If Musick gets going it could be a long night, but if Tazewell controls the line of scrimmage then they win easily.

Guest old_school

Tazewell may very well struggle in this game. I still think they will win but they are coming off of a big victory against GW and that may be bad for them. Hopefully the coaches helped them realize that winning one game doesn't make them unbeatable. Stick to the game plan that they had against GW and they are going to be tough to beat. One thing that you could tell about them in the GW game was their conditioning seemed way above what GW's was. Tazewell never slowed down in that game.