Graham vs. Richlands

EH31

you know we all (gmen fans, richlands fans which i am, tazwell fans, carrol county fans, and so on) get on here to have a good time reading and responding to other peoples posts. We are just great fans that love our teams and will defend them in every aspect of the game. this is high school football (in my opinion the best sport to watch in the world. I love it. In all reality none of us know exactly how this game is going to turn out. everyone knows that all it takes is some sort of turnover or unexpected play to change a game like this. I could go from close to a blow out in just a few plays. we all know that. I have not seen the gmen play, so have no opinion on them other than they have played some good teams, but they have loss to two out of the three. Richlands has played some weak teams, no doubt about it, but they have played the team on the schedule and have wore them out as expected. as a richalnds fan, i do believe they are the better team and will pull it out friday night. blow out or close nobody knows. a win is all i want. Lets all have fun though at this game we love to watch and play. also to the gmen fans and posters there is no need in thinking that the players and coaches are overlooking you, for the the last five years that i have been watching the blues play i cannot think of a time were they overlooked a team and came in with the bighead. the coaches will have the ready to play.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry left marion out because i was just stating that they had played three good teams. should be a great game. i hope so. not being boastful but i sort of get bored watching these blowout every week.. they are fun to watch when big plays happen but in the second half it just dies. looking for an exciting game.

[ QUOTE ]

Teams Richlands have played against combined record(1-11)

Teams Graham have palyed against combined record(12-2)

I think that speaks for itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure where you got your numbers from...

Teams Richlands has played are a combined 6-8 (6-4 when not playing Richlands)

Teams Graham has played are a combined 9-3 (7-1 when not playing Graham)

I have no idea what that speaks for but it says NOTHING!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tells me you made an F in math......

gate city: 2 wins 1 loss

honaker: 2 wins 2 losses

abingdon: 2 wins 2 losses

grundy: 0 wins 3 losses

totals 6 wins 8 losses

bigd's totals are correct.......

No shat. Where did you pull them numbers from ghs65?? If you have no idea what the records are of teams Richlands has played don't come on here and make yourself look like a total dipshat by posting wrong records like that.

Did they not offer math class while you attended school?

BigD - you have some good, straight up posts in this thread. I'm damn sorry if I made any G-men fan upset. It is just that every year, as a Blue fan, you just know the G-men and Gate City especially in the 90s (when I was in school) were going to give you a run for the money. Man did that burn me up. I don't care if Julius or Thomas Jones was on the Powell Valley team. Graham and Gate City were the marks and still are to this day. I remember T. Jones running all over us. Those Viking games never held a shine to a Graham or Gate City game for us, it seemed. You beat well-coached teams if you beat Graham/Gate City. Richlands wants those two schools so bad -- they want the others but they are hungry for those two schools because they represent excellence year in, year out. I get all mouthy when we play those two just cause i want the 'w' sooo bad. I apologize. When I was in school -- even with the decent teams of the 90s -- it was like Carlock always muscled us. I want to win against the G sooo bad.

I can't wait until Friday. I wish both teams luck. But, you know it - GO BLUE!

I hear you Sambo, I get fired up more for Graham than any other game during the regular season. I won't say I want to beat them more than anyone else though because I don't. I prefer to look at the big picture through a small window... meaning the game I want to win most is the next one regardless of which team that is...

I know this is a message board and fans are going to talk smack, and then other fans are going to defend their school, etc., etc., but what I don't like to see are all these blowout predictions... Because unless one team gets on a roll and snowballs the other team (see RHS/GHS last year) it's not going to be a blowout. And because smack, even from fans, usually ends up pasted to the walls of the other team's locker room.

So I think we all just need to show up at Mitchell Stadium on Friday and see what happens.

that is a ridiculous post. grundy scored on the last play of the game when not a single starter was in the game. i agree that richlands has not played a team like the gmen yet but the richlands d is fine. i know its been against weaker teams but they have only given up 20 points. in my opinion two flukes at gate city and another against ouur third string at grundy

Grundy scored in the last few seconds of the game.....Most likely against our 2nd or 3rd team defense. Explain what that means to us Preacher.

I think this is going to be a close game, just like last years playoff game. Just like BigD has been saying for the past few posts, let's just all wait for Friday night to see what happens...

Good Luck to both teams, hope it's a injury free game.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tells me you made an F in math......

gate city: 2 wins 1 loss

honaker: 2 wins 2 losses

abingdon: 2 wins 2 losses

grundy: 0 wins 3 losses

totals 6 wins 8 losses

bigd's totals are correct.......

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to know how many of those 6 wins were against single A competition....

I just want to know...howcome when I(A Graham fan) say that it will be a close game...I get ridiculed and belittled from Richlands fans...yet if a Richlands fan says it will be a close game...nobody says anything...I'm tired of posting an opinion on here and getting responded to with name calling and disrespect...If it continues, I guess I'll just have to post on that "other" board and just quit visiting this forum. I'll let you children fight amongst yourselves...