Graham vs. Richlands

EH31

i dont see pocy beating gate city or abingdon.

Graham?depends on how much they want it.

Richlands?their first real test.if the same graham team shows up that beat beaver,ummm it could be an interesting game.if the same team shows up that quit against blacksburg,it will be over early.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I think I'm missing something. How is BLuefield having an off year? You guys said that they would make a repeat trip back to wheeling earlier, and that they would kill Graham. Now they're having an off year. They're 2-1 right now. Maybe it's because Graham has lost twice and they looked bad in doing so and you guys just don't want to admit that you all couldn't beat Martinsville or Blacksburg either.

Are you saying that Richlands couldn't beat Martinsville or Blacksburg? That's ludicrous. You haven't even seen Richlands play, so you have no idea of their capabilities. According to some polls, Richlands is currently the #1 AA team in the state. Saying that Richlands couldn't beat another AA teams is way off base. Could they beat Martinsville or Blacksburg? I don't know. I'd like to think so, but we'll never find out. We will find out if Richlands can beat Graham on friday night, though.

[ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that Richlands couldn't beat Martinsville or Blacksburg? That's ludicrous. You haven't even seen Richlands play, so you have no idea of their capabilities. According to some polls, Richlands is currently the #1 AA team in the state. Saying that Richlands couldn't beat another AA teams is way off base. Could they beat Martinsville or Blacksburg? I don't know. I'd like to think so, but we'll never find out. We will find out if Richlands can beat Graham on friday night, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

that games already over isnt it?lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

based on what I have seen from BOTH teams...

[/ QUOTE ]

What have you seen from "BOTH" teams exactly? I wish I could say I've seen Graham play this year but I still haven't figured out how to be in two places at once.

[/ QUOTE ]Well, I have seen Graham play twice and Richlands play once.... and both at the Grid-o-rama...does that help explain? Some folks come here and just state things they think will happen...I just want to preface what I say with a viewpoint of somebody who has actually seen both teams in action...I will stick to my earlier statement...Richlands will be bigger and more physical and will have the edge there...Graham will have more speed....close game in my opinion...Until you beat a quality opponent, Richlands will not earn any respect from me...Beat Graham on Friday...then you can start hooping and hollering about how good Richlands is...Otherwise...you guys can crow about beating up on some lousy opponents...good luck friday. I hope the players come in with the attitude that you guys have, just like Bluefield was going to blow out Graham...we'll have to wait & see...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that games already over isnt it?lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said that Richlands already had this won. Do I think Richlands will win? Yes. Do I think they'll win big? I don't think it will be a blowout like the other games, but I honestly don't expect it to be a nail biter, either. If Graham still thinks they're up to the caliber of Richlands they can prove it friday night.

watched Graham/Bluefield, richlands/grundy tazewell/carroll county. I have watched every SWD team this year, and none can compare to the way Richlands play. They click. They can beat you in everyway. So i guess i can watch both teams or better yet all five teams.

[ QUOTE ]

watched Graham/Bluefield, richlands/grundy tazewell/carroll county. I have watched every SWD team this year, and none can compare to the way Richlands play. They click. They can beat you in everyway. So i guess i can watch both teams or better yet all five teams.

It's easy to "click" against the likes of Honaker and Abingdon...and even Gate City this year.

If you are going by what you saw at the grid-o-rama then you are in for a rude awakening foosballking. Richlands had so many people injured for that it wasn't funny. (like 6 or 7 out - all starters)

They are all back now.

I saw Graham play Martinsville and they looked o.k.

Way too many penalties and bone-headed mistakes. And to predictable on offense. Unless Graham has made some serious strides since that loss and the blowout loss to B-burg it will be a long night for the G-men.

[ QUOTE ]

Well, I have seen Graham play twice and Richlands play once.... and both at the Grid-o-rama....

[/ QUOTE ]

as stated above richlands was missing derrick mcnight, chad adams, brandon compton, cody vandyke, zach pruett, and chase fuller for both of the grid-o-rama games and romulo farhardo was injured in the early stages of the p.c. game.....the team you saw at the gridorama is definitely not the team richlands puts on the field now.........that being said i still expect a good ballgame friday night

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

based on what I have seen from BOTH teams...

[/ QUOTE ]

What have you seen from "BOTH" teams exactly? I wish I could say I've seen Graham play this year but I still haven't figured out how to be in two places at once.

[/ QUOTE ]Well, I have seen Graham play twice and Richlands play once.... and both at the Grid-o-rama...does that help explain? Some folks come here and just state things they think will happen...I just want to preface what I say with a viewpoint of somebody who has actually seen both teams in action...I will stick to my earlier statement...Richlands will be bigger and more physical and will have the edge there...Graham will have more speed....close game in my opinion...Until you beat a quality opponent, Richlands will not earn any respect from me...Beat Graham on Friday...then you can start hooping and hollering about how good Richlands is...Otherwise...you guys can crow about beating up on some lousy opponents...good luck friday. I hope the players come in with the attitude that you guys have, just like Bluefield was going to blow out Graham...we'll have to wait & see...

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see if I have this right... You are basing your knowledge of Richlands on what you saw at the grid-o-rama when seven linemen were out with injuries... yet you give Richlands the edge in line play? You must not have a lot of confidence in your line if you think our JV guys are better than your starters...

As for attitude, these blowout predictions are coming from fans... mostly from other schools, and I promise you that the players, coaches and most fans have plenty of respect for Graham and are prepared for a game just like we had in the playoffs last year. Maybe Bluefield overlooked Graham, maybe they didn't... But Richlands won't.

Now about the "Lousy opponents"... When the schedule was made these first four games against Gate City, Honaker, Grundy and Abingdon was considered very respectable. Maybe they're down this year but Richlands has no control over that. Three of the four by the way have a shot at the playoffs.

i dont think bluefield is having a off year they dominated grundy but other than that and graham i dont know how they are doing but they are a fine team and would give richlands fits and probably beat them also. ghs was better that night because they were overlooked and rhs better not either or could be the same results

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There was another team that was #1 in the state on Graham's schedule about 4 weeks ago. Guess what they aren't #1 any longer. What does that mean for Richlands? Nothing. See ya friday night.

[ QUOTE ]

Boy, some people seem to know everything there is about who and what Richlands has played this year. (Especially this fusballking - graham fan)

Same exact teams as they played last year. Result against graham? 30-0.

Need i say more?

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys like to throw that 30-0 game out there against a beat up Graham team. You seem to forget that 19-13 game at the end of the year where you scored with :59 seconds left to win a nailbiter. I remember very well. You aren't playing Honaker,Gate City, Grundy, or Abingdon this week. You are playing a Graham team that has faced 3 teams that are at least as good as Richlands this year. If Richlands wins it will be close, if Graham wins it will be close. If we play press coverage against the Richlands recievers like we did Bluefield and let the D-line time to get to McCracken then we will be fine. If we play soft coverage then we are in trouble. Graham is the best team Richlands will play maybe all year, Richlands is not the best team on Graham's schedule. Blacksburg is. Cupcake city is over for you guys, best of luck, you are going to need it.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Boy, some people seem to know everything there is about who and what Richlands has played this year. (Especially this fusballking - graham fan)

Need i say more?

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys like to throw that 30-0 game out there against a beat up Graham team. You seem to forget that 19-13 game at the end of the year where you scored with :59 seconds left to win a nailbiter. I remember very well. You aren't playing Honaker,Gate City, Grundy, or Abingdon this week. You are playing a Graham team that has faced 3 teams that are at least as good as Richlands this year. If Richlands wins it will be close, if Graham wins it will be close. If we play press coverage against the Richlands recievers like we did Bluefield and let the D-line time to get to McCracken then we will be fine. If we play soft coverage then we are in trouble. Graham is the best team Richlands will play maybe all year, Richlands is not the best team on Graham's schedule. Blacksburg is. Cupcake city is over for you guys, best of luck, you are going to need it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually never talk smack or say my team is guaranteed a win, but nothing gets me fired up like the Graham game so here it goes:

Richlands WILL beat Graham on Friday night, and when the clock strikes :00, you'll know without a doubt that Richlands is the best team on your schedule.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Need i say more?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually never talk smack or say my team is guaranteed a win, but nothing gets me fired up like the Graham game so here it goes:

Richlands WILL beat Graham on Friday night, and when the clock strikes :00, you'll know without a doubt that Richlands is the best team on your schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess we will all find out on Friday night...........

[ QUOTE ]

tell all your players to come in with that attitude..see what happens...

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh yeah, tell all your players to come in with the attitude that they're the best team on Richlands schedule... and that they've already played the best team on theirs... See what happens...

The bottom line is Graham always sports a good team (and for that matter so does Beaver) but this seems like a game where s-talk is totally worthless. As a Richlands fan, I do get defensive about it. So do G-Men fans. We see those posts and we react.

It'll be a hell of a good game. I wish we could just leave it with the kids settling it on the field.