Graham vs. Richlands

EH31

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because they have not played ne1 (which i do agree with) so far is that why u think the gmen will win and rhs is not as good as everyone says they are. richlands has played the teams on their schedule and killed them. they cant change their schedule before the year starts/\. u play who is in front of you. one game at a time. i remember this same discussion last year. richlands knows how to prepare for a team and friday will be no different should be a great game

Richlands has a good team. They look good against the weaker schedule. I just believe, G-Men play tougher teams and will be tougher to handle. My case is last year's playoff game. Richlands got lucky in beating the G-Men. The storm will be calm come Friday. Thats my predition.

[ QUOTE ]

You didn't get ridiculed and belittled for saying it will be a close game. You got ridiculed and belittled for ridiculing and belittling the four games Richlands has played.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pointed out a fact, Richlands has played a weaker schedule. No need to get all of your undies in a bunch, for stating fact. I'm simply saying that the game will be much closer than much people think, becaue Graham has played tough competition and Richlands has knocked off a bunch of weak teams..that's all. Do you believe that Richlands has played a quality opponent to this point? If so, please let me know which team it was...

Chocolate chip would be nice...last year is LAST YEAR. I'm just saying it will be a close game... I didn't say Graham would stomp a mud hole in Richlands or anything. I think Richlands has a quality team. I just think it will be a good game against Graham, not a blowout like most Richlands fans have said. My rationale is that Richlands has played a weaker schedule and you can't go by scores. I don't understand how somebody could mis-interpret that? At least, I don't see the point in name calling, because somebody expresses an opinion. This board is getting more and more childish all of the time....even the moderators are joining the act.

I've got some fresh choco chis for ya.

Blowout? doubtful. A decisive win for Richlands? most likely.

Graham came into this season very highly rated with talk of state titles, comparison to past title teams, etc. So far they have only disappointed (besides the Bluefield game)

There is no way graham should have given up 24 and 32 points in those 2 losses. Not with the players they returned from last year. Don't know what the problem is but they could be looking at a 2-3 record after fri. night.

[ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong Carroll County will be the toughest team Richland's faces thid year, I hope our starters get to play all 4 quarters this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am probably the biggest graham fan on here.I have missed only one game in the past 10 years and that was a gate city game that went into overtime,and the only reason i missed that game was because of back surgery.I love Graham,but our football program is on a decline.Richlands is a very goodteam this year period.Its just that they have the better program right now,and they have learned how important it is to let the young kids get playing time in real games and it shows.And until the Graham coaching staff gets back to that,well this is what its going to be like for along time.I was like most Graham fans at the start of the season i thought we had the team to make a strong run at state.we still have the talent to do it.Its just that something happened after the first game.And until they get back what they had,well this season will be filled with dissapointments.I was really hoping that we would stay focused and serious but we arent,not right now anyway.This could have possibly been the best team Graham has ever produced but they lost their desire to win.But i will say this,if the G-Men step on that field friday night with the heart and desire i know is in them,then Richlands will leave a defeated team.good luck G-Men.win this one for COACH!

You can throw out the records and who plays who on Friday night. In my opinion, Richlands should win in a fairly close game. I predict by 10 (maybe 24-14). Graham is very talented and should keep it close. IF Graham can control the clock like someone posted earlier, they can win this game. However, I am still sticking with my prediction on what I think will most likely happen. I feel that Graham is just too one-dimensional. Stop the run, and you stop the G-Men.

ghs84-

I agree with you concerning recent and past trends with high school football. At this level, a program is usually built and maintained by the coaching staff, usually under a great coach's supervision. I'm still a little young, so I have a very short memory, but here are some examples of success with coaching tenure's.

Richlands-Billy Haun-terrible (with the exception of 1987) Dennis Vaught (very competitive-1 state championship)

Greg Mance (very competitive in recent years)

Tazewell-David Litz-Success inherited from Nick Colobro's team. Then became terrible.

Harris Hart-Competitive 1 year. Overall unsuccessful.

Wyatt-Looks to be turning program around.

Graham-Carlock-very successful.

It's hard for me to believe that the talent has changed very much and is very different among the communities. Coaching looks like the common denominator for most great teams.

Do you know some other examples? I know in the LPD Gate City, Powell Valley, and Appalachia have been very successful under Colobro, Robbins, and the late Tom Turner respectively.

I don't back this poster's entire post. I do think he/she is 100% right in saying that Graham will face off against Richlands having seen it, so to speak.

Schools don't schedule non-district games in the first couple weeks for some lame reason. Graham has seen it. I think Graham has seen more than Richlands in that respect (Beaver!, M-ville!, Blacksburg! ... Marion was no cake walk). I think Mance will make sure the Tornado are aware of this.

/ again blue, best of luck

"There is no way graham should have given up 24 and 32 points in those 2 losses."

There is in no way you can say that is a disappointment...back in 2003 that team that went to State Semi's...played a Gretna team that went on to destroy whoever they played in the Championship game...started out 0-2...so you cant rule State Titles out of the way yet...

With the defense Graham was supposed to have this year giving up 24 and 32 points on back to back weeks would be considered nothing short of disappointing.

They beat M-ville last year 18-0. Lose this year 24-17.

Then got destroyed by B-burg. A very young team i might add.

[ QUOTE ]

With the defense Graham was supposed to have this year giving up 24 and 32 points on back to back weeks would be considered nothing short of disappointing.

They beat M-ville last year 18-0. Lose this year 24-17.

Then got destroyed by B-burg. A very young team i might add.

[/ QUOTE ]

how in the world can you call having 27 JRs young?who have played a lot in the past 2 years.i think they were experienced in the key areas.their youngest player is their QB a sophmore who started last year.they will be very dominating next year.

This game will decide the winner of the SWD this year. I think it'll be close all through the game,Richlands starters are in all 4 quarters and will be hard pressed on defense to slow down Grahams rushing attack. We slow it down We win.

I agree. I feel that our defense will stop the rush enough to win. Graham might have some long runs And if Graham's pass defense is as some have said. Our offense should be just fine. McCracken should have a real good game