What has happened to Grundy

jeffro

They only had 21 players at the Graham game tonite. I heard that a lot of the seniors quit the team, {did'nt this happen last year also }. My hats off to the young men from Grundy, its hard being beat like they have in recent weeks and they still gave all they had the entire game, Good luck to you guys and hold your heads high.

GO GRAHAM

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ashby kid shows great leadership to the younger players out there on the field...he plays his butt off and pats the younger guys on the back to keep their head in the game. We need more kids like him...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

what happened ?

[/ QUOTE ]

11/19/2004 - Grundy lost to Virginia High in the playoffs 6-0 in OT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I started and played that entire game! It was definitely a great game... although the ending was rather anticlimactic.

Yea, so did I....VHS won on the scoreboard but we had plenty of chances inside the 5 to put you guys away...The only time VHS was inside the 30 yard line was when the ball was spotted in OT...None the less...That has been 2 seasons ago? Have you guys not had anything happen since then to talk about?

Look no further than the feeder program. Two words Dale Cox. When he talks kids into holding back for wrestling so they will be a four time champion, then uses the older kids to kill people in middle school, then tells them not to play football because they need to cut weight and go to the wrestling gym. Tops that by practicing once a week if that. The kids that do come out for varsity are in shock that they have to practice, they either quit or get ran off. All this why he sits in the stands saying it is the fault of the coaches. I hope this helps you figure out what is wrong with grundy football.

[ QUOTE ]

Haen't you heard ? They moved the town and Grundy no longer exist. They hauled it up to the landfill, at the divides.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grundy is alive and well..I guess the school where you went or are going too has allways been a storm..never had to regroup and rebuild...This group of kids have a lot of heart and not a one are quitters....Take ya shot's pal while ya can..

On another note,olewave hit the nail on the head..I surely hope that changes...

I understand waht you are saying and i say the wrestling program does take away from football because its hard to focus on getting stronger and faster when they are expecting you to lose 30 pounds and wrestle 103 weightclass. Im sure Dale Cox is not the only one behind this. You should not blame all this on Dale. But that is wrong if he is doing that. I know for a fact that this does goes on at Grundy. That is a major reason Grundy struggles with football

Let me list the football players who wrestle. Ethan Owens, Jon Dotson, Josh McCowan, Kaleb Smith, Morgan Owens, Demarco Owens, Josh Lee, Josh Ratliff, and Andy Stiltner. 9 of the 21 ball players are wrestlers . It is not because the wrestlers do not play. The feeder program does have a problem though. It is as simple as this: the high school coaches and the middle school coaches and the little league coaches do not communicate. The little league runs their plays, the middle school runs their plays and the varsity runs their plays. If everyone used the same playbook the problem would be reduced drastically.

and saw me a bunch of fat female teenagers about 230 lbs or so (real nice honeys, right about my size). Anyways, why don't the Grundy football coaches just start working with them and make them linemen and quit worrying about them little skinny rastlers?

smith did not wrestle, ratliff quit, dotson and owens were jv, mccowan does not play so that makes it 4 out of 22 that wrestle. that leaves morgan, demarco, josh lee, andy. do not blame it on the wrestling, because they are struggling also.

Smith did wrestle, he was injured and unable to compete, Ratliff wrestled but did not start in the post season. Dotson and Owens were 8th graders. And McCowan has a torn miniscus from playing football. Only 5 kids from the wrestling team do not play. Wrestling had a bad finish last year. But to say the Region championship team struggled makes me think you have high expectations of a team playing up. I have no doubt that they will finish better this year.

[ QUOTE ]

...Have you guys not had anything happen since then to talk about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not much and Grundy hasn't either unless two wins over Shelby Valley and one over Abingdon would qualify.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

...Have you guys not had anything happen since then to talk about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not much and Grundy hasn't either unless two wins over Shelby Valley and one over Abingdon would qualify.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha Virginia High talking smack for Grundy.... Thats great, real great laugh.gif