top virginia 2007 high school football prospects

Howdyfans

Cedric Mitchell from Powell Valley is #6 on this list (The Washington Post). Also he is the first QB (out of all classifications) listed with the Richlands QB no where in sight. Why is Mitchell never mentioned on this forum??? He had great numbers as a sophomore last season and his numbers are very impressive this year. Passing and rushing. He also has missed a game this year. I've actually had the opportunity to watch this kid the last couple of seasons. He is a great athlete. The Richlands kid is a good QB, but it seems as though he is the only one ever mentioned.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has around 1400/1500 passing in seven games played and I think he has around 500/600 rushing. He sat out the Clintwood game. I'm going to see what I can find out with the local papers around here in the Kingsport area. The Kingsport TimesNews normally covers their games. I'm pretty sure he had over 2,000 passing last year as a sophomore, but I'm not for sure about his rushing numbers in 2005. I think it was around 700. I'll see what I can find out.

Amen. He is going to be a Hokie. confused.gif Why couldnt he go to the TIDE??? Or WVU??? More good years ahead for the hokies. Signing a kid like that brings offensive firepower in droves. On signing day I expect the Hokies to have a good class and big name last minute recruits.

You're absolutely right! He plays high school ball right now with alot of D-1 schools looking to bring into the program. He has elements that d-1 schools look for: Size, arm strength, and he makes solid decisions. As a fan of SWVA football fan I certainly hope that he makes a squad at the D-1 level.

I guess Alabama, UVA, Liberty, Tennessee, etc....do not know what they are talking about then. Because they are definitely looking at him right now.

Alabama has already signed a top notch quarterback by the name of Robert Marve. They have seven schollys left and McKrakin is not listed on the official site nor any other recruiting site. He may be trying to walk on, but he does not have a scholly offer now nor has he held one. I am not being rude, but that is a little far fetched for anyone who watches the recruiting game closely.UVA, Liberty are a possibility but Alabama and Tennessee have already persued and signed top notch QBs. They cannot afford a scholly to a kid from a small AA school. No offense.

He could play D1 for the right school. If the undersized yet speedy Vick Hall (DB no longer QB)made it to UVA then McKrackin is a sure UVA prospect, but not as a QB IMHO.

Not yet, but, he will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Time is running out for him to be a Division 1 quarterback. You think that someone like UT or the Tide will sign him when JMU (trust me I know this for fact) a D1-AA program even claims that he's not on that level. The kid may walk-on somewhere, but he's not getting a scholarship to D1.

One question - How many games have you seen McCracken play?

One statement - College coaches don't care if a kid plays AA, AAA or flag football on Sunday afternoons. They want to know if he can play for THEM

In response to the poster who said Justin isn't a D-1 QB, you're right! He's a high school QB. Where he plays next year is important only to him and his family. Makes no difference to me if he plays at Alabama, Liberty, or South-Central Louisiana State because I know he will work hard and be successful wherever he is.

a) 4 games

b) Yes it does matter. I have never seen anyone receive a D1 scholly for flag football at a university.

c) He is a good athelete and all around good player and I want him to succeed.

d) He is no Ahmad Bradshaw, Charlie Tines, Eric Workman, Compton, Isabell, etc. He is a good player on a even better TEAM. I can see him playing at a school and getting a free education. It was never my intention to tear him down or anyone on that team. They are very good, heck I think they could beat any small local college they schedule. LOL I think there are alot of good atheletes other than him on the team that are somewhat overshadowed. D1 QB nope.I hope so, but highly doubtful

answer to your question B there are some players out there that never stepped foot on a football field until college. One came to mind right off the bat was the field goal kicker for boston college #83 Steve Aponavicius. never been on a football field until two thurs. ago against VT. He did pretty good. Universities do not care. If they believe they have found a good player that they can turn into a football player they will get him.

He doesnt have a scholly. He is a walk on. Kickers are a exception to the rule, most of the time such as in this case they are soccer players. He was not recruited nor received a scholly. Please do not misinterpret what I am saying. I wish him all the luck in the world and hopes he receives a free education doing something he loves. The education will be the best part of all this. Someone will offer and he will take it at some level. d1 d2 d3 dunno..

[ QUOTE ]

a) 4 games

b) Yes it does matter. I have never seen anyone receive a D1 scholly for flag football at a university.

c) He is a good athelete and all around good player and I want him to succeed.

d) He is no Ahmad Bradshaw, Charlie Tines, Eric Workman, Compton, Isabell, etc. He is a good player on a even better TEAM. I can see him playing at a school and getting a free education. It was never my intention to tear him down or anyone on that team. They are very good, heck I think they could beat any small local college they schedule. LOL I think there are alot of good atheletes other than him on the team that are somewhat overshadowed. D1 QB nope.I hope so, but highly doubtful

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see right now if McCracken played for the Bluefield Beavers, Godfather. You would have him backing up Pat White at WVU or Ainge at UT. No he isn't Bradshaw or any other combination of G-Men or Beavers. He is simply the very best high school QB that I've seen play. Now I'm not a Div 1 Coach. That is a good thing, because, we seem to have quite a few on this message board. If I'm not mistaken the play by play guys for Graham on their radio broadcast made the statement that McCracken is the best QB to come through Mitchell Stadium. If doesn't matter how many times you have seen him play. You better go watch him as much as you can. QB's like him don't come around very often. Even in Bluefield.

OK, first off I could care less what school anyone is from. None of the before kids mentioned played a QB slot for the respective school other than Hall. Had the pleasure to watch Vic Hall play in a sleet storm against Graham and he was a stud. He threw ropes to wideouts into the wind. Best QB I have ever seen hands down. Graham/Bluefield/Tazewell/Richlands I do not care, I am being honest. Simply honest. There are three kids from Richlands that should be looked at by big schools. D1 QB material, c'mon man. He has a great line and great running back. He is good but do you ever watch the Florida, California, Louisiana, etc. QBs. Look at Clousen, Paulus, Garcia, Marve, etc. Go to Sunshine preps or search the intenet for Noel Devine. Look at some BIG TIME kids from 5A and higher schools then speak of any local atheletes greatness. Im just being honest. He can play D1 possibly as a safety, DB, or receiver. Im just being truethful.

[ QUOTE ]

Clousen, Paulus, Garcia, Marve, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you look at those guys in high school? Nobody is comparing him to an established D1 QB. And he won't be going anywhere as a safety or receiver. He's a natural QB and that's what he will play at whatever level he ends up at.

"McCracken is the best QB to come through Mitchell Stadium"

Thats funny right there. There is one Blufield alumni ( not saying he was THE best blu QB through Mitchell) that plays at mitchell right now that is better then mcCraken. QB for the Barrons!! G.K.