Southwest District

KTom33

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

a big advantage graham will have over bluefield is that we play 2 games before we play bluefield and we are bluefields first game

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if football season continues for either team for a couple more weeks...

[/ QUOTE ]

even if football does continue the ones of us that dont play football will still scrimmage the 2 scrimmages were gettin together right now, but by the middle of decemeber when we play oak hill academy for the other scrimmage i doubt graham or bluefield will still be playing football

[/ QUOTE ]

Never seen a year where a football team has made the playoffs and the first few basketball games weren't postponed...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

a big advantage graham will have over bluefield is that we play 2 games before we play bluefield and we are bluefields first game

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

even if football does continue the ones of us that dont play football will still scrimmage the 2 scrimmages were gettin together right now, but by the middle of decemeber when we play oak hill academy for the other scrimmage i doubt graham or bluefield will still be playing football

[/ QUOTE ]

Never seen a year where a football team has made the playoffs and the first few basketball games weren't postponed...

[/ QUOTE ]

i said SCRIMMAGES not games, were gonna play pocy, chilhowie in scrimmages and then oak hill academy for the 3rd, which everyone should be back by that one, but we will play the first 2 weather football is still going or not...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i said SCRIMMAGES not games, were gonna play pocy, chilhowie in scrimmages and then oak hill academy for the 3rd, which everyone should be back by that one, but we will play the first 2 weather football is still going or not...

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that but I was still talking about the original topic...

Dexter Moore is really good, playing against him in that summer league and watching the other games, he pretty much scores when he wants. The offense they were running was perfect match for them too, I don't know if they'll do it in the season, but they had Ponder playing foul line, and ran everything through him (his arms are really long lol) Hammond should have started for them last year imo, instead of playing half JV. Is JT Powell playing?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

as of now, JT is playing. He was playing last year till grades caught up with him. He could be really good, or be a dissapointment.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

All the freshman will be starting on the Ninth grade team, and Gilliard said that he would be moving people up come January. But he also said last year when he watched the middle school play that Marcus might be on JV to start. So who really knows? Another kid to watch out for is Ansel's little brother Craig Ponder. He has a really nice shot, and an all around player.

[ QUOTE ]

I hear that the freshman, Marcus Patterson, is quite a basketball player himself. I'm not sure if he's going to play or if he'll be good enough to make the varsity roster, but I guess we'll find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah marcus is a pretty good basketball player, he might not play varsity this year but id say the next year he will be the 6th or 7th man... and ansels brother craig is pretty good to, quick and can shoot

i played on a rec team in tazewell with Gavin before and hes not that bad, he doesnt like to play down low tho cause he likes to pull out and shoot threes lol (which with his size he would kill ppl downlow)

hes a good ball player but at graham we have 5 good starters this year, and we have good depth with about 3 - 4 more ppl... one person doesnt make a team so i dont see him dominatin cause then teams can just double up on him... i think it will still be close in the district tho with graham, carroll, richlands and grundy, i dont know anything about tazewell this year, but its always hard to win away in the SWD

1. Richlands - Mulkey,McCall,Arms back who can all shoot, with 6'5 McKnight.

2. Grundy - Jimmy Ashby.

3. Graham - Kind of small, but quick and have good shooters.

4. Tazewell - Still improving, Rasnick is good, Muncy and Walker can play. And who can forget Bill Cronce?? haha. Give Coach Walker a couple years..

???Carrol County - noone really knows about carrol so they could be anywhere on the list.

Just my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]

1. Richlands - Mulkey,McCall,Arms back who can all shoot, with 6'5 McKnight.

2. Grundy - Jimmy Ashby.

3. Graham - Kind of small, but quick and have good shooters.

4. Tazewell - Still improving, Rasnick is good, Muncy and Walker can play. And who can forget Bill Cronce?? haha. Give Coach Walker a couple years..

???Carrol County - noone really knows about carrol so they could be anywhere on the list.

Just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands - shut mulkey down you take the team out of rythem

Carroll - cant beat them at home and everyone knows why lol but as far as their players i dunno who they got

Grundy - all i know is the ashby guy

Graham - really quick espicially the 5 starters, with some great shooters... but will struggle underneath

Tazewell - dont know how there players will play cause i dont know who alls playing... but i know yall are puttin to much faith in coach walker from experience but whatever thats yalls opinion and this is mine