Southwest District

KTom33

so your saying ansel and brooks aint starters then cause i know they were there, you can ask ansel i know he will tell you he was there and brooks was there to cause both of them guarded me at different times during the game... make sure it was the right summer league to cause it was the princeton one at princeton high school

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if this is the guy im thinkin of it should help grahm alot.i saw him at the center a bunch of times playin and he is one of the toughest guys to guard up there.it sounds like him though cause after i saw him play i asked a guy if he played for blufield collage and they said he was in high school but couldnt play this year. he shoots it from everywhere and when he gets hot he dont miss. somebody that had a grahm bball shirt on told me that he dont do as good in school ball though . they said he can score 20 1game then 2 the next.

How can Wills play? There is a 365 day rule in Virginia. He has enrolled in 2 schools 3 times in less time than that. I would be careful with the elidgability rule. May cost Graham a entire season. How can he possibly play KTom? It is blatantly outlined in policy. If someone appeals a game Graham is in trouble.

[ QUOTE ]

How can Wills play? There is a 365 day rule in Virginia. He has enrolled in 2 schools 3 times in less time than that. I would be careful with the elidgability rule. May cost Graham a entire season. How can he possibly play KTom? It is blatantly outlined in policy. If someone appeals a game Graham is in trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep...like I said earlier, he won't play...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

pretty sure bluefield has more players than just dexter... And a lot of them dominated against Graham... Kyle and Ansel both dropped 15 and 11 respectively,and brroks had 9. last time i checked your returning players only scored 17 total points against us.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly i have no idea how he can play, they wouldnt let glen blankenship play last year cause of the same rule pretty much... but im not sure on any of it i just know at open gym last night they said he could...

and beavertail, how can you say 1 player wont help? cause one player can make a huge difference, how would yall be without dexter? hes just one player... we have wills, carper, me, steve, palmer, right there is what im guessin the starters will be, then we have ppl like halsey, hicks, cole, jk goins (who no one has mentioned and led the jv in scorin last year) so i dont see how we only have 1 player now, and the thing is we work good as a team unlike the past graham teams have, the past years its always been about who can score the most, but now we just want to win... and i dont believe your stat of a combine 17points from our team last year (i could be wrong here so my bad if i am) but i had 10 coming off the bench last year against bluefield at BCS and wills usually hits one or two 3s a game, steve and carper both score a descent about to, and im probably forgettin some people there to... so i dont by the whole 17 points thing...... now the game at graham might have been a combined 17pts cause i didnt shoot at all that game so i know i didnt score, and wills carper and steve might have and got 17 but i dont know about that one

[ QUOTE ]

pretty sure bluefield has more players than just dexter... And a lot of them dominated against Graham... Kyle and Ansel both dropped 15 and 11 respectively,and brroks had 9. last time i checked your returning players only scored 17 total points against us.

[/ QUOTE ]

got some stats on this one that prove you wrong from the graham/bluefield game...

Eric Hoosier 5-13 2-2 12, Robert Henry 4-11 3-4 11, Kevin Thompson 4-9 2-3 10, Kolokolo 3-5 0-0 6, Yost 2-5 2-2 6, S. Brown 2-7 0-2 4, Workman 2-5 0-2 4, Carper 0-6 3-4 3, Murray 1-5 1-2 3, Hunter 0-1 2-2 2, M. Brown 0-0 0-2 0; Totals 23-67 15-25 61.

Thompson, Brown, Carper, Murray, and Hunter are all returning and there total is 22 not 17... but kolokolo and yost who both could be playin this year had 6 a peice so that would have made us at 34, but as of right now there not playin, who knows that could change...and heres the website incase you think my stats were false

http://www.bdtonline.com/localsports/local_story_007005545.html?keyword=topstory

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

got some stats on this one that prove you wrong from the graham/bluefield game...

Eric Hoosier 5-13 2-2 12, Robert Henry 4-11 3-4 11, Kevin Thompson 4-9 2-3 10, Kolokolo 3-5 0-0 6, Yost 2-5 2-2 6, S. Brown 2-7 0-2 4, Workman 2-5 0-2 4, Carper 0-6 3-4 3, Murray 1-5 1-2 3, Hunter 0-1 2-2 2, M. Brown 0-0 0-2 0; Totals 23-67 15-25 61.

Thompson, Brown, Carper, Murray, and Hunter are all returning and there total is 22 not 17... but kolokolo and yost who both could be playin this year had 6 a peice so that would have made us at 34, but as of right now there not playin, who knows that could change...and heres the website incase you think my stats were false

http://www.bdtonline.com/localsports/local_story_007005545.html?keyword=topstory

[/ QUOTE ]

34 points won't win against Bluefield...61 points didn't get you within 30 of them last year...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

34 points won't win against Bluefield...61 points didn't get you within 30 of them last year...

[/ QUOTE ]

34 points for people that didnt play a whole lot, rob, hoosier, ronnie, yost, steve, jd played most of the game tho, so 34points considerin we werent the starters and didnt get to play that much isnt all that bad

[ QUOTE ]

Well, you're gonna have to double that 34 or almost triple to beat the Beavers, especially if they're firing on all cylinders

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no guarantee of that. Of the players returning only Dexter has proven to be a consistent scorer game after game. Guys like Hammond, Ponder, Brooks, etc. are all very capable of providing an excellent scoring punch, but all three must consistently do such game after game the entire season. Talent-wise Bluefield is head and shoulders better than anyone in this region outside of Beckley. However, talent alone doesn't win you games, so we'll have to see what the season brings. And I'm still not sold on the coaching aspect for Bluefield either.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Well, you're gonna have to double that 34 or almost triple to beat the Beavers, especially if they're firing on all cylinders

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no guarantee of that. Of the players returning only Dexter has proven to be a consistent scorer game after game. Guys like Hammond, Ponder, Brooks, etc. are all very capable of providing an excellent scoring punch, but all three must consistently do such game after game the entire season. Talent-wise Bluefield is head and shoulders better than anyone in this region outside of Beckley. However, talent alone doesn't win you games, so we'll have to see what the season brings. And I'm still not sold on the coaching aspect for Bluefield either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you

Hey Rules, I've read your posts,and you don't obviously dont think highly of Gillyard as a coach. It's true he is a mediocre coach, but I've seen teams win in spite of bad coaching. Those three "inconsistent guys" were great last year in Charleston and carried that through summer league, at least from everything I've heard. I think they will be pleasant surprises this year

I don't think our players will be worrying to much about the graham game...bluefield has alot of talent with even more depth which is obvoiusily why some people are thinking about an undefeated season..and personally I can see it happening..Carper, Brown, Thompson yea u all are good basketball players but I just don't think you can compete with Dexter, Hammond, Ansel, Brooks, Harris, etc...Don't be surprised to see the game turn into a dunk contest

[ QUOTE ]

Hey Rules, I've read your posts,and you don't obviously dont think highly of Gillyard as a coach. It's true he is a mediocre coach, but I've seen teams win in spite of bad coaching. Those three "inconsistent guys" were great last year in Charleston and carried that through summer league, at least from everything I've heard. I think they will be pleasant surprises this year

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're right. If those three can become reliable threats each game then Bluefield stands a great chance at having a special season. And Rocks, do you know how hard it is to go undefeated in high school basketball? Extremely hard. Even two of Bluefield's best teams of all-time, 1995 and 1996, lost a couple of games each season. I think the chances of Bluefield going undefeated are less than 1%...

[ QUOTE ]

a big advantage graham will have over bluefield is that we play 2 games before we play bluefield and we are bluefields first game

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if football season continues for either team for a couple more weeks...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

a big advantage graham will have over bluefield is that we play 2 games before we play bluefield and we are bluefields first game

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if football season continues for either team for a couple more weeks...

[/ QUOTE ]

even if football does continue the ones of us that dont play football will still scrimmage the 2 scrimmages were gettin together right now, but by the middle of decemeber when we play oak hill academy for the other scrimmage i doubt graham or bluefield will still be playing football