Shots fired at Va Tech!...................

sandman

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

you are more than welcome to speak whatever you like, I'd never ban anyone for doing so...but,maybe if you want to go on and on and talk about your political views however, it might be better served in it's own thread so the rest of us could talk about what happened and not about your views on gun control.

I've seen your long winded posts before about guns, so it's not like this is new...you are just taking advantage of the situation now to deliver your personal view on it, which that is your choice and you can do that...just saying it might be better served in it's own thread and not in this one. Up to you though.

[/ QUOTE ]

as if you didn't put your 10 cents in? This is very relevant to it, it's not political.

[ QUOTE ]

seems the only people who are bi!ching and whining are politically correct sheeple. You don't care for my posting don't read my posts, or do something about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW!!! talk big behind a screen that cool!!

Its like this, those of us with military experience such as Buzz and i and those that have extensive weapons knowledge,we CHOOSE to not be a victim w/o the opportunity to turn the tables and give us and the innocents around us a chance at survival. If you allowed students on campuses to arm themselves, it doesnt mean you'd have 26K students toting guns, it simply means you give a few that are comfortable enuff with weapons the opportunity to defend themselves and others. if you see me out, 99% chanec im armed to the teeth with atleast 1 hi capacity 9mm and if the time ever coem for me to have to use it, i will w/o hesitation. The fact is, this is a tragedy that had numerous chances to be averted by several different methods and you all have to realize that we live in a dnagerous society and the police CANNOT protect you 100% of the time so you have to take some responsibility for your own safety. the old saying is still true today ..'a gun in hand is better than a cop on the phone'--smart person

Can you comment on the guns that the suspect used??

"Law enforcement reported that he killed himself inside Norris Hall by a shot to the head and may have used either two 9 mm handguns or a 9 mm handgun and a .22 caliber handgun."

It so far hasnt been CONFIRMED what he used but rumor is it is a Glock 17 and a .22 pistol of some sort. Fact is with the proper ammo and shot placement, both these guns are extremely lethal (yes even the .22) With the Glock using hi-caps your lookin at minimum 17+1 rnds and rapid fire with quick 2nd shot taregt picture so while most prob didnt stand a chance he still wouldve had to reload. With training this guy could prob shoot and re-load and shoot and re-load again before most people realized what was going on. Bottom line is this, a well trained man intent on murder and with decent equipment will be an efficient killing machine..as we've seen today. He probably used HP in the 9MM based on the description of HIS wounds after he killed himself and those will intensify a wound channel 5 fold which COULD explain the high death toll

[ QUOTE ]

Its like this, those of us with military experience such as Buzz and i and those that have extensive weapons knowledge,we CHOOSE to not be a victim w/o the opportunity to turn the tables and give us and the innocents around u a chance at survival. If you allowed students on campuses to arm themselves, it doesnt mean you'd have 26K students toting guns, it simply means you give a few that are comfortable enuff with weapons the opportunity to defend themselves and others. if you see me out, 99% chanec im armed to the teeth with atleast 1 hi capacity 9mm and if the time ever coem for me to have to use it, i will w/o hesitation. The fact is, this is a tragedy that had numerous chances to be averted by several different methods and you all have to realize that we live in a dnagerous society and the police CANNOT protect you 100% of the time so you have to take some responsibility for your own safety. the old saying is still true today ..'a gun in hand is better than a cop on the phone'--smart person

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in the military...i just don't agree with the mentality that you need to arm everyone...if someone wants to...yeah sure...thats your right to do so...but i dont want to be running around with everyone and his brother looking to drop some street justice on someone they think is going to make a wrong move either...there is a balance to be had somewhere...i'm just not an extreme person when it comes to guns...yeah it's your right to have them, but i'm sure you can agree we all probably know someone who has no business with a gun, even though it's his or her right to have one.

Lance

Where was the balance today at VT?? From the way i see it, the people that attempt to live a decent life is losing on the balance scale! The great thing about our society is that if you choose to not protect yourself, you dont have to do so, you can leave that up to soemone else, be it the police or an armed civilian but dont attempt to regulate my or anyone elses right to do so. If one person had been armed in that hall today, this could've potentially been stopped in its tracks instead of people being slaughtered. Face it, we live in an armed society and you can be a part of the solution if you so choose, and i so choose. A lil word, for 2.5 yrs at Blfd St, in my back pack was a Sig 228 and 2 spare hi cap clips loaded with 147 gr federal hydra shoks EVERY DAY! I never needed it thank god but you never know. i respect your right to NOT carry a weapon so please respect mine TO carry one or two..lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Its like this, those of us with military experience such as Buzz and i and those that have extensive weapons knowledge,we CHOOSE to not be a victim w/o the opportunity to turn the tables and give us and the innocents around u a chance at survival. If you allowed students on campuses to arm themselves, it doesnt mean you'd have 26K students toting guns, it simply means you give a few that are comfortable enuff with weapons the opportunity to defend themselves and others. if you see me out, 99% chanec im armed to the teeth with atleast 1 hi capacity 9mm and if the time ever coem for me to have to use it, i will w/o hesitation. The fact is, this is a tragedy that had numerous chances to be averted by several different methods and you all have to realize that we live in a dnagerous society and the police CANNOT protect you 100% of the time so you have to take some responsibility for your own safety. the old saying is still true today ..'a gun in hand is better than a cop on the phone'--smart person

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in the military...i just don't agree with the mentality that you need to arm everyone...if someone wants to...yeah sure...thats your right to do so...but i dont want to be running around with everyone and his brother looking to drop some street justice on someone they think is going to make a wrong move either...there is a balance to be had somewhere...i'm just not an extreme person when it comes to guns...yeah it's your right to have them, but i'm sure you can agree we all probably know someone who has no business with a gun, even though it's his or her right to have one.

[/ QUOTE ]

But lance, the problem I have with the situation as tom mentioned is that it could have been preventable, at least of this magnitude. We've elaborated enough on what could possibly be done, but aside from that, if you'll read your post, that I 1st responded to, you wrote that you can't blame anyone for this, when in fact you can very much blame the college itself for their policy of denying people their rights to defend themselves, which was quoted in my 1st post in this topic.

They had an opportunity to make the campus situation safer, after 1 shooting already, and they dropped the ball. 32 students shot dead. Someone should be accountable.

Is this me pushing an agenda, darn right it is, an agenda to make certain that these rights aren't taken away even further because of this, or that such ignorant policies are removed, "to possibly prevent it from being this bad when it happens again wherever", and it will. Is that a bad agenda?

I care as much as anyone else, but people can either mourn in depression or actually do something about it. Doing nothing makes certain it will happen again, doing something at least, in a small way, makes their deaths account for something.

As for bulldog, you post and tell people what to do, "you" should be man enough to make it happen. It's you who's posting big with a computer. It's simple, don't call people out and tell them what to do if you're not willing to make it happen.

"If you allowed students on campuses to arm themselves, it doesnt mean you'd have 26K students toting guns, it simply means you give a few that are comfortable enuff with weapons the opportunity to defend themselves and others"

exactly, of course I knew you know it.

[ QUOTE ]

They had an opportunity to make the campus situation safer, after 1 shooting already, and they dropped the ball. 32 students shot dead. Someone should be accountable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold some one accountable?!?! How about the idiot that shot everyone?!?! Just because he took the easy way out, dosn't mean it isn't his fault!!!

granted, but considering that guy's shot dead I don't think spitting on his grave is going to accomplish much. But the adminastration there relished in their victory in denying people their 2nd admendment rights months ago, they should be sued beyond financial recovery because they got what they wanted, a college full of defenseless people, and the failed in the biggest way to make people safe.

[ QUOTE ]

It so far hasnt been CONFIRMED what he used but rumor is it is a Glock 17 and a .22 pistol of some sort. Fact is with the proper ammo and shot placement, both these guns are extremely lethal (yes even the .22) With the Glock using hi-caps your lookin at minimum 17+1 rnds and rapid fire with quick 2nd shot taregt picture so while most prob didnt stand a chance he still wouldve had to reload. With training this guy could prob shoot and re-load and shoot and re-load again before most people realized what was going on. Bottom line is this, a well trained man intent on murder and with decent equipment will be an efficient killing machine..as we've seen today. He probably used HP in the 9MM based on the description of HIS wounds after he killed himself and those will intensify a wound channel 5 fold which COULD explain the high death toll

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read a .22 long rifle on ar15. And your correct a .22 is a "very" deadly round, and 1 of the most fun to shoot in my opinion. It's what I shoot the most, a few times a week up on the mountain tops in bland co.

I have a .22 marlin papoose, survival rifle, breaksdown. my favorite gun perhaps.

ar10andpapoose.jpg

Some people just dont get the concept of accepting responsibility for their own safety. When this happens again, and it will, i hope the people here that are against arming the populace are not the ones cowering under a desk or a table praying and begging for someone come to their aid. In a situation such as that, even if you tried to deny me my rights, id still willingly risk my life to save yours, mine and others..thats the difference between some of us. Research the previous worst mass shooting in US history, Ruby's cafeteria, Killeen, TX, 1991..numerous people shot execution style and a woman who happened to have a CCP and was proficient with her weapon watched her parents both be shot in the head and killed while her gun was feet away in her truck. WHY?? B/c the cafeteria owners refused to allow guns in their establishment in order to protect their customers. That worked well didnt it?? I will carry my weapon anywhere i so choose regardless of a business policy simply b/c if its concealed, they dont know it anyways and if i ever needed it and the business was upset b/c i violated their policy..let em sue me, thing is, id hopefully still be around to be sued. People need to wake up! Im afraid we are raising a society of whiners and crybabies (not referrring to anyone here at all) b/c everyone wants to scream and cry about being violated, but they dont want to do anything about it.

"My name is Ken Miller. I am an undergraduate student at Virginia Tech, a veteran of the U.S. Navy of ten years, and am licensed to carry a concealed handgun.

Today, thirty-two of my fellow hokies were murdered by a single gunman, and the number is likely to continue to grow as all the information comes in. These are thirty-two innocent lives that could be saved if there had been one law-abiding citizen among them who was allowed to carry his handgun on school property. I've lived in the dorms at Virginia Tech - New Residence Hall. I've got friends who live in Ambler-Johnston. I have taken classes in Norris Hall, as recently as last semester.

I have been given the right by birth, the clearance by the Commonwealth of Virginia, and the duty as a citizen of these United States to carry a gun in defense of my life and the lives of others. I have been robbed of this right by the Board of Visitors of Virginia Tech. Maybe there would have been someone who could stop this, if we were allowed to carry, maybe there wouldn't. But we know that, in an environment of disarmament, when death came calling, there was nobody to send him away."