Predict Your Teams Record

VivaFutbol

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot figure out why Lilly is behind Bowes on the depth chart at FB either. Lilly is a bigger, strong, and more football savvy player than Bowes. That isn't a knock on the Bowes kid, it's just fact. Everytime I think of the Bowes kid I think of the play on the punt against Scott last season. Those that were at the game know of the play I'm talking about.

I didn't intend it as against bowes either, he seems to be a very good fb candidate, if you haven't seen him recently br he's a lot stronger looking, and in my opinion, with either him or lilly, the fb is another position that provides a strong ground game, not simply blocking, but that said my only point was that I think lilly seems to move the ball better, and more fb like, straight ahead donwfield, but, I haven't watched them much either though.

Lilly's physical style and size just seems more suited for the position than Bowes. Going back to the Scott game last year, I remember Lilly carrying two and three starting Scott defenders down the field in the 4th qtr. when he replaced Carter at FB late in the game.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield has some speed, but not nearly enough to match up with that bunch. Good luck though, I just wouldnt make predictions like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with his prediction, but I also don't agree with you saying that Bluefield doesn't have enough speed to match up with them....

Bluefield has "ONE" of the fastest teams in WV and I can't imagine WC having more speed then us..Especially with WC having a "so called" down season

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll add my two cents here, in 95 when we beat them 7-6 we won the game on an interception return for a touchdown. We played pretty much a perfect game to beat that team. Truthfully, we didn't beat WC, they beat themselves. To this day I think if we played that team 10 times we lose nine of them. Bluefield may very well win against them, but no way in hell will it be 49-7, ever. And they would have to play the perfect game. It should be fun to watch, and they will be the toughest team you play all year.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield has some speed, but not nearly enough to match up with that bunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally disagree with that statement. William Campbell and Bluefield match-up very well in-terms of overall speed. Nevertheless, WC will be a very tough game, the toughest on Bluefield's schedule in my opinion. Bluefield won't face a more athletic, disciplined, and fast/quick team than WC anywhere on their schedule or in the AA ranks of WV. It'll take an "A" game from Bluefield to defeat William Campbell in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

No they don't..........You have one Ansel Ponder, they have four......

they have a lot more speed than ponder, besides bluefield simply might be the better football team overall. I won't be surprised if they do or they defeat wc, but that's potentially, no team has played a down at this point, we're really only guessing based on exspecations.

[/ QUOTE ]so u think chase joyner, marcus patterson, shaun brooks, levi beckett, and jake lilly are slow??

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield has some speed, but not nearly enough to match up with that bunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally disagree with that statement. William Campbell and Bluefield match-up very well in-terms of overall speed. Nevertheless, WC will be a very tough game, the toughest on Bluefield's schedule in my opinion. Bluefield won't face a more athletic, disciplined, and fast/quick team than WC anywhere on their schedule or in the AA ranks of WV. It'll take an "A" game from Bluefield to defeat William Campbell in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really believe that then you're going to be in for a surprise. And you'd better watch out calling William Campbell the best team that Bluefield will play. Some people have really gotten their panties in a wad after I stated such earlier. I'd hate for them to come down hard on you as well...lol

[ QUOTE ]

I cannot figure out why Lilly is behind Bowes on the depth chart at FB either. Lilly is a bigger, strong, and more football savvy player than Bowes. That isn't a knock on the Bowes kid, it's just fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be so sure about that rules...Lilly is strong as hell (especially for only being a sophmore), but Aaron Bowes is one of the strongest guys on the team..Yea he may not look like it, but that boy has some power..And he is just as quick as Jake, if not quicker

the bowes kid did impress me with his speed,i was sitting beside his dad when i seen him have a good play against nitro in the scrimmage last year, i said damn that boy's fast as greased lightning and he was like yeah thats my boy out there.lol it made him feel good especially me with my G-Man hat on.i think i made a friend that day,we got to talking about football looked up and everyone was gone.lol

WC and Bluefield is a toss up. Big difference between SW Va fast/S WV fast and eastern/central Virginia fast. Speed at one on one match ups is one thing, fast centers, guards, defensive tackles, etc. is another. Teams from "out there" are very fast all over. Most backs around here couldn't outrun eastern Virginia tackles, for 10 yards anyway.

Back on topic. Graham starts 1-4 account of inexperience, but finishes strong to go 6-4.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Most backs around here couldn't outrun eastern Virginia tackles, for 10 yards anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

right.....

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. Just think of the teams that Bluefield has played over the past 10 years where our d-linemen have been quicker and faster than the opponent's tailback...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

BLUEFIELD

08/24/07 H GRAHAM, VA (21-0)

08/31/07 A PRINCETON (14-7)

09/07/07 H WILLIAM CAMPBELL VA. (49-7)

09/14/07 - OPEN

09/21/07 A OAK HILL (37-14)

09/28/07 - OPEN

10/05/07 H SHADY SPRING (21-7)

10/12/07 H MT. VIEW (21-20)

10/19/07 A RICHLANDS, VA (35-12)<-never play agian.

10/26/07 H JAMES MONROE (21-3)

11/03/07 A SCOTT (LAIDLEY FIELD) (7-10)

8-1.. They make it to the State title game!!

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW!!! Beating William Campbell 49-7??? Bluefield better be REAL careful with this one...this team is athletic, like Bluefield, and has probably been the best Class A team in VA over the last several seasons. They have smacked Giles around like a little be-otch each of the last two seasons ('05 36-13, '06 35-21), both seasons in which Giles made the Class A, D-2 Championship game and winning the State Championship last year.

Here's a little history on William Campbell...

'95 - lost in the Class AA State Semis to eventual State Champion, Graham 7-6

'96 - lost in 1st Round of AA playoffs

'97 - lost in 1st Round of AA playoffs

'98 - missed playoffs

'99 - missed playoffs

'00 - lost in 1st Round of AA playoffs

During this time WC was THE smallest AA school playing up (yes, Graham and Grundy fans, smaller than your schools) in the toughest AA Region in the State of Virginia.

WC dropped down to Class A in 2001 and went immediately to Division 1 (the smaller of the two Divisions in Class A)

'01 - lost in 2nd Round of A playoffs

'02 - Won the Class A, D-1 State Championship 70-0 over Appalachia (14-0)

'03 - lost in the Class A State Semis to eventual State Champion, Sussex Central, 36-8 (11-2)

'04 - lost in the Class A State Semis to eventual State Champion, Franklin, 34-0 (10-3)

'05 - Won the Class A, D-1 State Championship 18-0 over J.I. Burton (11-3)

'06 - lost in the 2nd Round of the A playoffs to eventual State Champions, Riverheads, 35-31 (9-3)

And losing to Scott??? NO WAY does Bluefield lose to Scott...if they do, they won't even make the playoffs...won't happen...period...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure i fear more on BHS's slate this year, Richlands or William Campbell. Both will be very tough. I also can;t wait to see BHS's speed on the new turf @ Mitchell

BTW, G-Man, BHS did lose to Oak Hill a fews back and washed them in the 2nd meeting in the playoffs later on when Oak Hill only had ONE PLAYER!! I think his name was Granby. When i listened to that 1st game that guy must have played every position on the field. He was deflecting passes, kicking off, making tackles & pancake blocks, taking snaps, & throwing the ball to himself 40 yards downfield. He must have been 8'6" 587 lbs and ran a 2.9 40 time!! Not to mention shooting flames from his arse & leaping 9 foot tall tacklers by 30 yards in a single bound!

BHS can lose to anyone cause the have a habit of doing that sometimes, but if they lose to a bunch of juke like Scott, that would be the worst ever.

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, G-Man, BHS did lose to Oak Hill a fews back and washed them in the 2nd meeting in the playoffs later on when Oak Hill only had ONE PLAYER!! I think his name was Granby. When i listened to that 1st game that guy must have played every position on the field. He was deflecting passes, kicking off, making tackles & pancake blocks, taking snaps, & throwing the ball to himself 40 yards downfield. He must have been 8'6" 587 lbs and ran a 2.9 40 time!! Not to mention shooting flames from his arse & leaping 9 foot tall tacklers by 30 yards in a single bound!

BHS can lose to anyone cause the have a habit of doing that sometimes, but if they lose to a bunch of juke like Scott, that would be the worst ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Marcus Gratsby...Bluefield lost the first game to them that year because they forgot how to tackle...probably the worst display of tackling that I've ever seen, other than a peewee game...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Marcus Gratsby...Bluefield lost the first game to them that year because they forgot how to tackle...probably the worst display of tackling that I've ever seen, other than a peewee game...

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew you would remember.

Nothing surprises me these days after watching some games coached by Frank or Fred over the years

[ QUOTE ]

PRINCETON TIGERS 2007 ( 8-2)

BLUEFIELD W

SAINT ALBANS W

WOODROW WILSON W

RIPLEY W

HUNTINGTON W

GEORGE WASHINGTON L

CAPITAL W

RIVERSIDE W

GREENBRIER EAST W

NITRO L

[/ QUOTE ]

There are only two teams, maybe three, on that schedule that Princeton can beat...

I'll make 1 prediction based on the schedules I've seen, they'll be 4 teams max in this area to go undefeated in the regular season. Haven't seen a team that seems head & shoulders over the competition, and even the "power house" teams like James Monroe, Bluefield, Richlands, Giles and Salem, among others, have some pretty tough teams they'll have to play.

As for my Mavericks anywhere from 6-4 to 10-0 in regular season. Bluefield, Mt. View, Wyoming East, Greenbrier East, Scott, and Oak Hill have a realistic chance of beating us. We're very capable of beating all of these teams, and I don't see us losing more than 2 of those, can't afford to lose more than 3 or it'll be hard to get into the postseason.

Shady Spring and Liberty could always surprise you, but I don't think they got it to pull an upset.

As for Narrows and Pikeview, I still haven't been given a good reason why we're still playing these 2 teams.

Last year we won 12 games, this year I'll be happy as long as we just win all 4 games that we haven't scheduled yet! LOL cool.gif

BLUEFIELD

08/24/07 H GRAHAM, VA W

08/31/07 A PRINCETON W

09/07/07 H WILLIAM CAMPBELL VA. L

09/14/07 - OPEN

09/21/07 A OAK HILL W

09/28/07 - OPEN

10/05/07 H SHADY SPRING W

10/12/07 H MT. VIEW W

10/19/07 A RICHLANDS, VA L

10/26/07 H JAMES MONROE W

11/03/07 A SCOTT (LAIDLEY FIELD) W

I think a few of those games on there will be closer than most Bluefield fans want to think. I am not going to put scores or anything. Those predictions are based upon what I have seen in practice thus far and what I know about other teams. The only reason I think we will beat Graham is because all of the talent they lost from last year. I know that WC and Richlands are going to give us tough games. I am a little scared to see Cordero High on turf...he is fast enough on mud. I see the Beavers going at the worst 6-3 and maybe even 8-1. I do not see us beating both of those VA teams. I know that Richlands lost a lot of talent but Austin Fuller is the most talented high school football player I have seen since ol' Zac Cooper came in for a visit a few years back. We have the talent to stop him if coach plays it right. I don't want to talk bad about any of the other Richlands players, but if we can stop him it will go a long way in us picking you the "W". If our boys play to the fullest of their ability, we will not have a problem making it back to the playoffs. We have many weapons on offense and a hard-nosed defense that likes to punish the ball carrier. Should be a hard opponent agains anyone.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Im pretty sure cordero high graduated, but i could be mistaken. But i know Mt View has speed somewhere always...

very good post bogeavers, very realistic, the big thing about bluefield's schedule is playing their best most every week, and not becoming physically worn out as well. So you can perhaps expect a defeat in some game, perhaps even a game where you don't expect it. Bluefield's goal with this caliber schedule, which I prefer even with only 9 games, is to be pepared for the playoffs, so being undefeated while good is never really the goal at bluefield. And simply making the playoffs while good and certainly respectable, shouldn't ever be the goal either.

mount views rb does return.