10/12 BYE

10/19 vs BLUEFIELD W

10/26 at & CARROLL W

11/2 vs & GRUNDY W

11/9 BYE

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it that funny the last two years? I know exactly what you will say next..."Quit living in the past...blah, blah, blah. That was last year...blah, blah, blah. This is a new season...blah, blah, blah." But you know what...I dont care. Im not saying we will go undefeated...but I definetly think we have just as good of a chance as anyone else on our schedule. As long as we dont get ahead of ourselves and focus on one game at a time we will do just fine.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands better not look pass Gate City.

[/ QUOTE ]

im pretty sure its well established that Richlands dosent look past anyone..lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you really mean that or you are trying to be smart...but it is true. All we heard last season is that we are to confident and that we will look past the next team. But we found out that they never did, and I dont look for the coaching staff to allow that to happen this season. Im not attacking you because like I said, Im not sure if you are being sarcastic. But, I really dont see our guys overlooking any team on the schedule.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you really mean that or you are trying to be smart...but it is true. All we heard last season is that we are to confident and that we will look past the next team. But we found out that they never did, and I dont look for the coaching staff to allow that to happen this season. Im not attacking you because like I said, Im not sure if you are being sarcastic. But, I really dont see our guys overlooking any team on the schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

you better hope not....the first chance anybody gets to thump the champs, you better believe they will take it

[ QUOTE ]

james actually had a good point..he wasn't trying to start nothin..on paper it doesn't look like graham will be that great, but they could go 10-0. everyone expects thier own team to do good. if you think graham will go 9-1 that's your opinion and your entitled to it. i won't ever say anything to you for stating your opinion and james wasn't either..he was just stating that everyone has thier own biased opinions about how thier own team will be good and that's how this thread goes

[/ QUOTE ]exactly i wasn't trying to start something and idk where ghs84 got the idea that he offended me?!?! lol but i mean i'll give my opinion which is very biased.... i think we have the potential right now that the only team in the SWD that can beat us is richlands and i think when richlands comes to hillsville that will decide who wins district...(if you remember the last time they came to hillsville uhhh it'll be a good game) don't get me wrong tazewell will be a tough game and i respect them but i think we'll end up coming out on top, and i'm sure graham will be a tough game too the other district teams i think we'll take care of them not saying there gonna be bad teams though, ummm we got bassett as our opener there gonna be very good so thats gonna be another game that is going to be a tough one... there is my biased opinion so go ahead and tell me i'm wrong and all that BS lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you better hope not....the first chance anybody gets to thump the champs, you better believe they will take it

[/ QUOTE ]

Well its going to take one heck of a team to beat the champs. And theres only one team on the schedule that from what i know they return that can and thats Bluefield. The Carroll Game could be one of those games like it was 2 yrs ago when we played out there. Good luck to all the teams especially Richlands.

Bluefield,WV (13-35) will cole throws 20 times

Christiansburg (24-20)

Blacksburg (13-48) best team we face all year

Marion (21-6) if we lose to marion coach marrs gets fired before he walks off the field lol

Richlands (6-34) austin fuller has a great game

MT.View (27-24) mt. view misses game tieing field goal

Grundy (35-12) its grundy

Tazewell (21-28) no passing game

Abingdon (14-28) bad game

Carroll Co. (21-20)

we will go 5-5 my honest prediction. if we get lucky 6-4 but not better then that

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

BLUEFIELD

08/24/07 H GRAHAM, VA (21-0)

08/31/07 A PRINCETON (14-7)

09/07/07 H WILLIAM CAMPBELL VA. (49-7)

09/14/07 - OPEN

09/21/07 A OAK HILL (37-14)

09/28/07 - OPEN

10/05/07 H SHADY SPRING (21-7)

10/12/07 H MT. VIEW (21-20)

10/19/07 A RICHLANDS, VA (35-12)<-never play agian.

10/26/07 H JAMES MONROE (21-3)

11/03/07 A SCOTT (LAIDLEY FIELD) (7-10)

8-1.. They make it to the State title game!!

[/ QUOTE ]

If Beaver beats Richlands and William Campbell there is no way in you know where they lose to Scott. Scott just might be the easiest game on the schedule this fall...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I was thinking.

[ QUOTE ]

BLUEFIELD

08/24/07 H GRAHAM, VA (21-0)

08/31/07 A PRINCETON (14-7)

09/07/07 H WILLIAM CAMPBELL VA. (49-7)

09/14/07 - OPEN

09/21/07 A OAK HILL (37-14)

09/28/07 - OPEN

10/05/07 H SHADY SPRING (21-7)

10/12/07 H MT. VIEW (21-20)

10/19/07 A RICHLANDS, VA (35-12)<-never play agian.

10/26/07 H JAMES MONROE (21-3)

11/03/07 A SCOTT (LAIDLEY FIELD) (7-10)

8-1.. They make it to the State title game!!

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW!!! Beating William Campbell 49-7??? Bluefield better be REAL careful with this one...this team is athletic, like Bluefield, and has probably been the best Class A team in VA over the last several seasons. They have smacked Giles around like a little be-otch each of the last two seasons ('05 36-13, '06 35-21), both seasons in which Giles made the Class A, D-2 Championship game and winning the State Championship last year.

Here's a little history on William Campbell...

'95 - lost in the Class AA State Semis to eventual State Champion, Graham 7-6

'96 - lost in 1st Round of AA playoffs

'97 - lost in 1st Round of AA playoffs

'98 - missed playoffs

'99 - missed playoffs

'00 - lost in 1st Round of AA playoffs

During this time WC was THE smallest AA school playing up (yes, Graham and Grundy fans, smaller than your schools) in the toughest AA Region in the State of Virginia.

WC dropped down to Class A in 2001 and went immediately to Division 1 (the smaller of the two Divisions in Class A)

'01 - lost in 2nd Round of A playoffs

'02 - Won the Class A, D-1 State Championship 70-0 over Appalachia (14-0)

'03 - lost in the Class A State Semis to eventual State Champion, Sussex Central, 36-8 (11-2)

'04 - lost in the Class A State Semis to eventual State Champion, Franklin, 34-0 (10-3)

'05 - Won the Class A, D-1 State Championship 18-0 over J.I. Burton (11-3)

'06 - lost in the 2nd Round of the A playoffs to eventual State Champions, Riverheads, 35-31 (9-3)

And losing to Scott??? NO WAY does Bluefield lose to Scott...if they do, they won't even make the playoffs...won't happen...period...

Alot of "lost and Missed" in that History. The Scott loss is just one of those suprising loses I wanted to throw in there.. Looking back at all they lost... I would like to revise that L to a W and call and udefeated season, the hardest team on the schedule will be Mt. View. 49-7 win over WC, I will keep.

[ QUOTE ]

Alot of "lost and Missed" in that History. The Scott loss is just one of those suprising loses I wanted to throw in there.. Looking back at all they lost... I would like to revise that L to a W and call and udefeated season, the hardest team on the schedule will be Mt. View. 49-7 win over WC, I will keep.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the hardest game on the schedule will come against a VA team...

Go ahead, look past William Campbell, they can barely beat Pocahontas...wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

William Campbell isn't Pikeview, my friend. You're going out on a very shaky limb on this one.

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield,WV (13-35) will cole throws 20 times

Christiansburg (24-20)

Blacksburg (13-48) best team we face all year

Marion (21-6) if we lose to marion coach marrs gets fired before he walks off the field lol

Richlands (6-34) austin fuller has a great game

MT.View (27-24) mt. view misses game tieing field goal

Grundy (35-12) its grundy

Tazewell (21-28) no passing game

Abingdon (14-28) bad game

Carroll Co. (21-20)

we will go 5-5 my honest prediction. if we get lucky 6-4 but not better then that

[/ QUOTE ]yea i think marion will have a good team and teams better not overlook them or abingdon cuz they might just upset some1 if a team overlooks them or has a bad game

Lebanon

**Honaker** W

@Powell Valley *Toss-up

@Tazewell W

** Gate City ** & *Toss-up

Clintwood W

@Giles L

@ **Va High** & *Toss-up

Lee & W

@ Battle & W

Northwood W

By far one of the toughest schedules Lebanon has played in a long time. I really don't understand why you schedule Giles, when you already had Richlands? I mean you can go 15 to 20 minutes for a loss or go close to 2hrs for a loss? I say stay closer to home the blues will eventually come back to earth!

I really believe Lebanon has a shot a Giles this year. They should be tougher up front, which is where they have been beaten the last couple of times. If Lee can give them consistency from the QB then they will be extremely tough. Could be 10-0. Just as good as the 04 team if not better. If they have trouble at the QB spot then they could finish 6-4. We will see.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you must not know much about William Campbell.its gonna take a mistake free game from an extremely strong team to beat them 49-7.i dont think that there is any team around here that could do that,unless they are having a down year,which is few and far between.

William Campbell will beat Bluefield. Where people go wrong is thinking that WC has speed but no size. WC has a tremendous weight program, big strong line, speed everywhere, and one of the best coaches in the state. Very dissaplined team. They play tough D too. They smacked us around the 1st year, but last year we had them 21-7 until we started self destructing, starting with a fumbled snap into our own endzone for 7 pts. Then their D forced us into mistakes in the second half.They are an impressive program, and most Giles fans have plenty of respect for them. Bluefield has some speed, but not nearly enough to match up with that bunch. Good luck though, I just wouldnt make predictions like that.

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield has some speed, but not nearly enough to match up with that bunch. Good luck though, I just wouldnt make predictions like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with his prediction, but I also don't agree with you saying that Bluefield doesn't have enough speed to match up with them....

Bluefield has "ONE" of the fastest teams in WV and I can't imagine WC having more speed then us..Especially with WC having a "so called" down season

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield has some speed, but not nearly enough to match up with that bunch. Good luck though, I just wouldnt make predictions like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with his prediction, but I also don't agree with you saying that Bluefield doesn't have enough speed to match up with them....

Bluefield has "ONE" of the fastest teams in WV and I can't imagine WC having more speed then us..Especially with WC having a "so called" down season

[/ QUOTE ]

William Campbell is not going to have a down season this year...they are expected to win their District by many (in the same District as Gretna...anyone remember them???) and are once again a frontrunner for the Class A, Division 1 State Title...I'm telling you...don't sleep on this team...

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield has some speed, but not nearly enough to match up with that bunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally disagree with that statement. William Campbell and Bluefield match-up very well in-terms of overall speed. Nevertheless, WC will be a very tough game, the toughest on Bluefield's schedule in my opinion. Bluefield won't face a more athletic, disciplined, and fast/quick team than WC anywhere on their schedule or in the AA ranks of WV. It'll take an "A" game from Bluefield to defeat William Campbell in my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

William Campbell is not going to have a down season this year...they are expected to win their District by many (in the same District as Gretna...anyone remember them???) and are once again a frontrunner for the Class A, Division 1 State Title...I'm telling you...don't sleep on this team...

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sleeping on them lol...And I just said a "so called" down season because thats what the guy from giles had said...I think this game will be very close but Im just voicing my opinion that they might match up with up in speed, but they don't have more speed then us

In my opinion either priecton or richlands will be bluefield's toughest game, with wc after those. But I don't in any way think bluefield shouldn't be able to defeat any team on their schedule, but that said to play their best all of their hard games, not that those 3 are the only 1s, will be a tall order for them.

I did however go up and watch their 1st live action and in my opinion you can tell it's a 1st practice, but they should be a very talented and good football team and at their best they should be a formidable team for any tea on their schedule.

Their skill position players look very athletic and fast all around and they have some good physical power with the ground game. There passing game looks to be very strong as well at every distance. Their line looks stronger than I thought but will have to be in better physical condition in my opinion, but it's early yet.

Ponder looks to be a very formidable player and levi beckett the freshmen looks to be a "tremendous" player for bluefield's '08 - '10 seasons, with some good contribution perhaps in '07. Their 10th and 9th grade classes seem to be as talented or more as any in a while, so very high expectations for bluefield for a while.

I thought lilly was a stronger fb than 20, not certain the reason he's 2nd string. He will be tough as well. The underclassmen are considerably bigger and strong looking for underclassmen.