Updated Mitchell Stadium pics

rabidbeaver

[ QUOTE ]

The Grand Old Lady looks good fellas...

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the logo they are going with at midfield? I talked to Pete the other day, and told me the three options they were talking about and that is none of them. But I do like it. That place looks great. Are the new stone enterance gates still planned for the future along with the monument park? When it is all finished it will be the best facility in either state in my opinion.

I must confess,my wife took the pictures.I brought her a nice digital camera a couple of years ago and this gives her an excuse to use it.She also put the pics on the internet. Guess we all know who has the brains in my family.Thanks for the complement dinkman.

The logo at midfield doesn't look like it's "set" to me. Looks raised, or could be my great eyesight doin it's thing again....lol. Looks awesome. Can't wait til GC plays there again. We can only hope.

[ QUOTE ]

The logo at midfield doesn't look like it's "set" to me. Looks raised, or could be my great eyesight doin it's thing again....lol. Looks awesome. Can't wait til GC plays there again. We can only hope.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong, but I believe it is designed to look as if it's standing out like that...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong, but I believe it is designed to look as if it's standing out like that...

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it designed to "look" like it is standing out...or is it actaully standing out and its supposed to be like that. Becasue is it is actually standin out then you wold think that could casue some problems when someone is running over it.

Regarding the logo...it is the outline shading that makes it look like it is "raised" above the field level...it isn't...no more so than the yard lines, the hash lines, or the "Bluefield" in the endzones...

[ QUOTE ]

field looks great.....It's good to see they didn't forget the "new rule" for fields to have a restraining line around the field of play this year. Good job.......

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? We had to stay behind those at Hidden Valley and Liberty but I wasn't aware the rule would be enforced in all games this year. I do understand the reason (and agree with it) but it makes it near impossible to shoot anything near the sidelines when the ball is between the 35's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? We had to stay behind those at Hidden Valley and Liberty but I wasn't aware the rule would be enforced in all games this year. I do understand the reason (and agree with it) but it makes it near impossible to shoot anything near the sidelines when the ball is between the 35's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Starting this year, every field will have to have the line around the field and connecting to the coaches box. I think some sports reporter and his camera was injured last year, that's probably why they made it a rule this year. Not for sure though.