Results from Concord????????

VivaFutbol

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

george wythe was clearly the best of the five today.graham 2nd then bassett followed by richlands then finishing up magna vista.richlands was getting physicaly manhandled by everyone today.kinda shocked to see george wythe put up 2 quick TDs on their starting D.richlands scored once on GW once on Bassett and 3 times on magna vista.graham scored once on bassett 2 times on GW and 5 times on magna vista.for the first scrimmage it wasnt bad but it was dang hot.MV sputtered on offense and defense.i believe the only team they scored on was richlands and that was a long pass.

[ QUOTE ]

george wythe was clearly the best of the five today.graham 2nd then bassett followed by richlands then finishing up magna vista.richlands was getting physicaly manhandled by everyone today.kinda shocked to see george wythe put up 2 quick TDs on their starting D.richlands scored once on GW once on Bassett and 3 times on magna vista.graham scored once on bassett 2 times on GW and 5 times on magna vista.for the first scrimmage it wasnt bad but it was dang hot.MV sputtered on offense and defense.i believe the only team they scored on was richlands and that was a long pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was GW running game impressive: #19 Larry McCoy and #8 Seth White, and a new guy from Pulaski. I didn't go because of the heat. Can you remember what GWs results were

Maybe the entire O and D lines from Richlands were out with acid reflux or something. Didn't that happen in the scrimmage last year.

Easy guys, just crack a smile.

yes they broke off a couple td runs against richlands that was very impressive.i believe that team will be one good team this year.their passing game wasnt that bad either.they will get better.i think they will mature alot next week in the grid o rama it will prepare them for the road ahead. GW fans have alot to look forward to.

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe the entire O and D lines from Richlands were out with acid reflux or something. Didn't that happen in the scrimmage last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i hear ya.they cant use that as an excuse today.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands and GW tied.....1 td apiece.........I do not know why the time was blown so quick in that game but Richlands only had one possession .....richlands scored 6 td's on Magna Vista.......

[ QUOTE ]

time was the same for every one bud

[/ QUOTE ]

no duh, but GW did only score 1 td (with 2 possessions) and Richlands only had one possession (and scored).......either the time limit was shorter or the teams were taking longer to run plays during that particular scrimmage....and with a continuous running clock the team starting on defense is at a disadvantage....

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

graham was def not the number 2 team they were horrible but gw is the real deal folks single a teams better watch out they could go all the way

in your dreams.Graham did better than the other 3 teams.i guess you could make an argument about bassett,them boys were huge.i know one thing when the bassett RB crossed the goal line and hit a richlands defender knocking his helmet off you could hear the oooos for 10 miles.that was the slobberknocker oftheday.kinda felt sorry for him he stumbled around a few before a teamate picked his helmet up and handed it to him.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i hear ya.they cant use that as an excuse today.

[/ QUOTE ]

An excuse for what? GW scored ONCE against Richlands not twice as you said. The score came on their first possession and they didn't get anywhere after that despite running twice as many plays as Richlands.

Richlands didn't score on Bassett and gave up two. Again, because of the format Bassett ran more offensive plays than Richlands.

Richlands (along with just about everyone else) scored at will against Magna Vista. It was at least 6 scores... not 3 as you said. I don't recall Magna Vista scoring on Richlands but I could be wrong.

For anyone who's wondering about the format. Each game lasts 20 minutes with no stops. The ball starts on the 40 yard line and you run 10 plays before turning over to the other team. The team that plays defense first (as Richlands did twice) ends up running about half as many offensive plays as the other team.

Thanks for the info BigD. I didn't get to be there and was about to get confused.....who's on first...no he's in the outfield....who?....right (I know, wrong sport, but similar to this thread). I got my football fix watching PV and TN High on Friday. Seems life/work has been getting in the way of football and that's gotta change. I hate to make everybody mad with games that don't count, but when the season starts....well.

Truth is, scrimmages are practices that we get to observe and argue about. They can be deceiving, and encouraging. To see Graham throwing the ball, encouraging. To see Richlands being pushed around (as refered by two witness I've spoken with), deceiving? We'll see.

After watching Bluefield scrimmage last year, I would have never predicted the outcome of Graham/Bluefield.

Well everyone's D is going to behead of the Off. By what I have heard from Richlands is that there D is were its been the past few years, there Off line is a little smaller this year than in the past, By the Tazewell scrimmage yesterday on def, once they figured out what PC was throwing at them they slowed them down unless there two backs made it to the outside then they were gone, Now for the off, they still need practice, atleast they still have 2 weeks before the start of the season games. Good Luck to all.

In Bluefield's previous two state title seasons, 1997 and 2004, the Beavers didn't look impressive at all during their preseason scrimmages. However, they were a combined 28-0 in games that actually counted those two seasons. Fans shouldn't get themselves overly concerned about what takes place in a scrimmage b/c each coach has his own agenda for scrimmages. Many experiment with players in different positions as well as a mix of starters and reserves playing together. They experiment with a variety of defensive and offensive plays as well as formations they might not actually use during the season.

I know one thing, next Friday in Bluefield you'll see very watered-down offensive approaches from Bluefield, Graham, Richlands, and Mount View b/c those four have no less than two future opponents that will be in the stadium that day. Bluefield has the most I believe with three future opponents in Richlands, Graham, and Mount View.

true.as ghs89 said these are just practice sessions.dont get upset when your team does poorly.they will improve,but so will everbody.richlands did score on bassett,pass caught in back corner of endzone,remember?8th play.someone wasnt watchin.i was.

Truth is, not many expected much from GW or Graham and they both had positive moments. Truth is, many expected something from defending champs Richlands and were disappointed with what they saw. Richlands will be ready to play the first game of the season because they have a strong program. I am proud of GW because they did show some great potential for the smallest school there.

He was way overrated…threw as many completions to the other team as he did his own team. Graham doesn’t need somebody to throw it 50 yards, they don’t have a deep threat. A dink & dunk QB will do just fine.

[ QUOTE ]

Doesn't sound like Cole being gone was much of a factor with Graham.

any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

your right.we have something to look forward to in our outstanding young QB.he even impressed me.and thats hard to do.i think he will be a great leader for this team.hey rockinroonsfan you right the G-Men and the Maroons shocked everyone yesterday.i think these two teams will be way better than expected.the g-men defense swarmed to the ball well.they didnt give up big plays and thats good.on GW side their line was coming off the ball good and opening up holes that didnt appear to be there.all in all a good day of high school football.man im glad its back.good luck everyone.

[ QUOTE ]

In Bluefield's previous two state title seasons, 1997 and 2004, the Beavers didn't look impressive at all during their preseason scrimmages. However, they were a combined 28-0 in games that actually counted those two seasons. Fans shouldn't get themselves overly concerned about what takes place in a scrimmage b/c each coach has his own agenda for scrimmages. Many experiment with players in different positions as well as a mix of starters and reserves playing together. They experiment with a variety of defensive and offensive plays as well as formations they might not actually use during the season.

I know one thing, next Friday in Bluefield you'll see very watered-down offensive approaches from Bluefield, Graham, Richlands, and Mount View b/c those four have no less than two future opponents that will be in the stadium that day. Bluefield has the most I believe with three future opponents in Richlands, Graham, and Mount View.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't graham play Richlands, Bluefield and Mount View in the season too?