question for bluefield fans

ghs84

Who will win the southwest district this season?  

1. 1. Who will win the southwest district this season?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever can lead the team to the most victories. From what I've heard McClanahan has some off the field issues distracting him and wasn't even 100% sure he was playing this year. I don't know if I'd want someone playing a crucial position like QB unless they were in it 110%.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

and lets not forget mclanahan missed ALL summer practices cause he was in summer school getting his greades up. Let me ask you a question, for a him to not have a C average, and not work hard during school especially being an upperclassman when he knows it is his senior year and he is going to be a senior leader, does that show any motivation? Is that a guy you want leading your team? Off field distractions or whatever, you still cant not make the grades when you know its your last season and your team depends on you.

how do you know mcclanahan hasn't worked hard by himself though, I wouldn't exactly consider being in summer school wasted time either, I know you didn't exactly intend it that way but it should be considered grades are before sports. Either way, they battle it out and the best player earns it.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

the only reason he went to summer school was to get his grades up so he could play football. all im saying is that he knows what he needs to be able to play but didny get it done. during the actual school year he should have concentrated on grades when there wasnt any football to be played. meanwhile, Cole had all summer to practice with the team, go to numerous camps and such, pretty much getting a leg up on mclanahan.

In my opinion Eric deserves to start. Like the scrimmage at nitro showed and from what i've heard for al kinds of bluefield and graham players, he' does excellent in pratice then sucks in games. he almost threw 4 picks against nitro

Mac is dedicated to beaver football. his sophomore year going to james monroe in the playoff game. had a IV in his arm the way up, halftime and after the game ....he was dog sick but still helped lead the team to victory.

Beavertail, what kind of student he is has no reflection in what kind of athlete he is, and you out of anybody should know that (randy moss)

So you're letting a G-Man start over a true BLUEFIELD BEAVER?

Mark my words, Cole wont be the starting QB by the end of the season. Mac knows the system better and knows not to rush things. like cole rushes things

i don't really know the situation but it looks like cole is working harder to be the starter..it just seems like he's done more to better his self in the offense..and i'm a believer in seniority and all that but you also gotta look at who will give you the best chance to win the game.

[ QUOTE ]

In my opinion Eric deserves to start. Like the scrimmage at nitro showed and from what i've heard for al kinds of bluefield and graham players, he' does excellent in pratice then sucks in games. he almost threw 4 picks against nitro

Mac is dedicated to beaver football. his sophomore year going to james monroe in the playoff game. had a IV in his arm the way up, halftime and after the game ....he was dog sick but still helped lead the team to victory.

Beavertail, what kind of student he is has no reflection in what kind of athlete he is, and you out of anybody should know that (randy moss)

Mark my words, Cole wont be the starting QB by the end of the season. Mac knows the system better and knows not to rush things. like cole rushes things

[/ QUOTE ]

remember...its STUDENT athlete...student is first for a reason...i have found that out already and classes havent even started here at UC...but they have told me...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats a good point about him knowing the system.you have to give him his chance i mean look what he accomplished last year.i just dont think its fair,but im not the coach.and id say your right about who will be playing after a few games and 10 INTs.but i like cole even though he gave up on the G-Men and the school,he let a lotta people down and when he looks across at some angry G-Men on the 24th hes gonna regret it.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i watched the practice and Cole was hands down the better QB. Anyone who was there will agree. Plus ive seen Mclanahan in games and he doesnt do crap. He turns the ball over more than anyone. Keith Taylor (a 310 lbs lineman) got an interception off him. I cant recall a close game where he took over. The athletic ability of his WRs have saved him many a time. Plus he CAN NOT throw the long ball. Cole is the better QB. Don't believe me, go watch. And rocks, you practice like you play. And what system? The only thing Mclanahan ever did was TRY to throw the long ball to ansel, which was often underthrown. thats not a system. Cole knows the offense hes been there all summer, unlike eric.

[ QUOTE ]

the only reason he went to summer school was to get his grades up so he could play football. all im saying is that he knows what he needs to be able to play but didny get it done. during the actual school year he should have concentrated on grades when there wasnt any football to be played. meanwhile, Cole had all summer to practice with the team, go to numerous camps and such, pretty much getting a leg up on mclanahan.

[/ QUOTE ]

try having a kid on the way, working everyday after school from 4-11 or 12, and getting about 6 hours of sleep a night...he worked hard during summer school just SO he could play football...Im not saying he deserves to be the starting QB...I'm just taking up for him, because you are basically saying he didn't try...I'd like to see someone else work like that and then come back to play football..

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

try having a kid on the way, working everyday after school from 4-11 or 12, and getting about 6 hours of sleep a night...he worked hard during summer school just SO he could play football...Im not saying he deserves to be the starting QB...I'm just taking up for him, because you are basically saying he didn't try...I'd like to see someone else work like that and then come back to play football..

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no doubt that the young man worked hard over the summer after slipping during the school year and he has a lot on his plate outside of football. I'm glad he's playing b/c he can be a real asset for the team, especially from a defensive standpoint. We also have two very solid and experienced QBs. There are some teams that have zero, so we should be fortunate.

[ QUOTE ]

i watched the practice and Cole was hands down the better QB. Anyone who was there will agree. Plus ive seen Mclanahan in games and he doesnt do crap. He turns the ball over more than anyone. Keith Taylor (a 310 lbs lineman) got an interception off him

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats. I've went and watched about 5 or 6 of there pratices. And yes cole is the better QB. But like I said earlier Cole does excellent in pratice (like you mentioned) then stinks it up in the games, I've heard that from so many different graham and bluefield people that its not even funny.

Going back to that princeton interception you couldnt have been watching the game. McClanahan went to throw the ball to Ansel Ponder I believe and he acted like he was staying there waiting on the pass, and then took off up field right after he picked it off, and keith taylor was just sitting there wating for that pick. Ponder even said it was his fault for that.

When you guys see Will in this grid-o-rama on friday, you will know exactly what im talking about. Excellent in pratice and then crappy in games

[ QUOTE ]

And rocks, you practice like you play. And what system?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said BeaverTail, come to the Grid-O-Rama and see if that statement of yours about cole holds up. If it does, I'll eat roadkill

[ QUOTE ]

Cole knows the offense hes been there all summer, unlike eric.

[/ QUOTE ]

All summer, so whats that? 3 months. Erics been there what is it? 4 years now?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Eric may have been there 3 years, but he hasn't done anything. Your already saying cole sucks in games. Last time i checked he beat us last year. Didnt he have like an 80 yard pass? Or did i forget that fact?

Truth of the matter is, a kid on the way and working 4-12 while getting his HS diploma is more important than football, no matter how many hours we all spend talking/watching. If he can find the time to play, that is wonderful. If not, best of luck to him...and at least you have a viable replacement.

who cares cole couldnt cut it at graham he limps like a 60 year old biker lol IM SO SORRY TO INFORM YOU AT BHS that you can not once again win with your recruits like in b-ball in 94 95 and football in the last year in which you sat youre own on the bench and won with the best of the PHS traitors

it's sad to see specific players singled out and bashed on a public forum......we all need to be very careful when making negative comments....if you are going to be specific with your criticism, then you should be willing to reveal your own name......and all adults should never ever publicly blast a high school player.....

i am a GRAHAM fan, and I for one did not like the fact that Cole left Graham for Bluefield. But a couple of things everyone seems to forget.

1. This is a very young man. All can bash him as much as they want to, but me, I will not kick a kid.

2.Everyone makes decisions that may or may not be regretable in their life. He is entitled to his choice. Everybody wishes they could go back and change things.

3.I hope GRAHAM beats the crap out of Bluefield. But then I wish Bluefield the best of luck the rest of the season.{I do go to their games]

4.I hope Cole has a terrible game against Graham, but wish him luck the rest of the way

Well said. I have fallen into the trap before; but I try to remember that they are just 14-18 year old kids. We have to keep it in mind that we are cheering for kids and not to hold him to the same standards as someone who makes his living with sports.

So lets all support our favorite programs and wish these kids the best with the decisions they make.