Richlands Vs. The Falcons

AbndonFan

[ QUOTE ]

with all due respect I'm sure the back from Patrick Co. is fast, but not the fastest in the state. He might be one of the faster back CC will play this year but nowhere near the fastest in the state.

[/ QUOTE ]

well its only what i was told, i heard he ran like a 4.4 even a bassett fan said earlier they didn't have anyone who could catch him if he broke away.. but anyway if i was wrong oh well point is he was fast but still that was irrelavant of me putting that in there...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the kid you are talking about. He is fast but I doubt he is a legit 4.4 forty. High school coaches and players alike boost forty times. I can tell you the fastest back in the state probably plays for Woodbridge AAA. He runs an FAT of 10.59 in the 100 meters (Electric Time) and his nickname is the rocket.

First of all there is no trash talk in this statement. Simply explaining that IF(that leaves room for possibilities) the Falcons manage to take this game the rest of the SWD seems to be down. Tazewell, Graham , Grundy, CC and Marion have not proven it otherwise.

Every team has nights that seem to be letdowns. The statement wasn't meant as an insult. Traditionally speaking CC teams seem to play to the level of their competition. If they could manage a high level of intensity for 10 games then they could be a force.

Why does every statement have to be an insult to you. What I posted (while not completely factual) shows no ill will to any team. Graham has "A Little" talent(Kids wont play for some reason). Grundy "is" down(no feeder progarm). Tazewell has no confidence(new system on both sides of the ball). Marion "is" unproven(Chilhowie Northwood Patrick Henry). And you dont know what to expect from Carrol County.

you go back and look at what you said and if you still dont understand then it would serve no point for me to explain it to you anyway...it was just an ignorant post...it's that simple...spin it how you want, but you said some stupid things. You can disagree with that, it's ok...that's your opinion.

well lets go back to beating the old horse grham has talent and some kids that love the game we've played the toughest sched this year in the district everyone else has been playing the usual crap abington is gonna get killed and thats that they will make it into the playoffs along with richlands graham and cc but more than likley lose to richlands or graham same with cc they lose in the first round to graham or richlands and its the same ol story folks richlands and graham for the region game

Abingdon and Carroll are in a different division than Richlands and Graham. They won't all be in the playoffs together. Region IV Division 4 has Salem, Blacksburg, Christiansburg, and Bassett among others so the only chance for Carroll or Abingdon to make the playoffs is if one of them wins the SWD. That's not a knock against either of those teams. A bunch of good teams will miss the playoffs in Region IV Division 4 this year.

[ QUOTE ]

A bunch of good teams will miss the playoffs in Region IV Division 4 this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly true...the good teams will be in the playoffs...the teams that padded the win column by getting fat on cream puffs will miss the playoffs...

yea thanx for straightenin him out there bigD he didn't really know what he was talkin about but carroll isn't a team w/ a cream puff schedule we have bassett,patrick,william byrd, all really good teams.. and grayson which is the only single A team and we gotta play grayson i guess you'd say there our rival

Let me spin it for you. I myself support Tazewell (Hometown, you know how that works). Read my post again and you will see that I said "IF" Abingdon beats Richlands, which is doubtful (although now I sincerely hope they find a way) then they will have an edge over the other teams in the SWD. Coming into the season I don't think that anyone would disagree that Richlands looks like the team to beat. So if Abingdon wins this game where does that place them?

As far as my comments about the other teams in the district, it’s clear that Graham, Tazewell, Grundy are no where near the teams that they were. My posts simply states why. Graham has talent, just not enough to be competitive with the teams that they have faced so far (and it looks like injuries may bring that talent pool down a little further). Tazewell has yet to find any confidence in a system that can work (But they are small and young). Grundy does not have a good feeder program "YET"(perhaps in the future they will). I have witnessed Carroll County come out and play above expectations one week and flat the next. Marion “is†unproven at this point in the season. And the last part of my post points out that the best I think Abingdon can Hope for is a second place finish in the district and a possible playoff birth. So with out many more words that simply means that the almighty Richlands is most likely going to win the district. So ignorance is "yours" for assuming that I was talking SH!! about anyone of these fine young men that have the heart to play football.

And to quote you from another thread

"i doubt any decisions are made on this board....but, it's still fun to talk about football...so chill out...it's all good." Lance

are you still going on about that? lol

I think the worst part of that original post was the "Graham has no talent" part of it...i just found that sort of off base...but that's just me.

I commented that the G-men had Little Talent. The really sad thing about Graham's situation is that there seems to be kids in the school that could probably give a boost to the program but choose (for some reason) not to play.

[ QUOTE ]

Let me spin it for you. I myself support Tazewell (Hometown, you know how that works). Read my post again and you will see that I said "IF" Abingdon beats Richlands, which is doubtful (although now I sincerely hope they find a way) then they will have an edge over the other teams in the SWD. Coming into the season I don't think that anyone would disagree that Richlands looks like the team to beat. So if Abingdon wins this game where does that place them?

As far as my comments about the other teams in the district, it’s clear that Graham, Tazewell, Grundy are no where near the teams that they were. My posts simply states why. Graham has talent, just not enough to be competitive with the teams that they have faced so far (and it looks like injuries may bring that talent pool down a little further). Tazewell has yet to find any confidence in a system that can work (But they are small and young). Grundy does not have a good feeder program "YET"(perhaps in the future they will). I have witnessed Carroll County come out and play above expectations one week and flat the next. Marion “is†unproven at this point in the season. And the last part of my post points out that the best I think Abingdon can Hope for is a second place finish in the district and a possible playoff birth. So with out many more words that simply means that the almighty Richlands is most likely going to win the district. So ignorance is "yours" for assuming that I was talking SH!! about anyone of these fine young men that have the heart to play football.

And to quote you from another thread

"i doubt any decisions are made on this board....but, it's still fun to talk about football...so chill out...it's all good." Lance

[/ QUOTE ] There was nothing wrong with what you said popeye, Lance is just a douche, you'll have to ignore him..

ur point? im just "tryin to stir the pot every now and then to keep things interesting...that's just part of it...if you are going to hang out, you better get use to it." as lance would say..

[ QUOTE ]

ur point? im just "tryin to stir the pot every now and then to keep things interesting...that's just part of it...if you are going to hang out, you better get use to it." as lance would say..

[/ QUOTE ]

*yawn*

[ QUOTE ]

We haven't given up a point this season. I pick Abingdon-28 Richlands 21 in a shocker. I think everyone is going to be shocked on how good this Abingdon team is.

[/ QUOTE ]

cowboyup posted this on Sep. 16, 2005---[ QUOTE ]

I think we are going to shock the world tonight when we beat Richlands! We are more physical this year and R better look out. If it rains we will be able to run the football better than them, because their rb is out hurt. R does not have anyone that can block 52, 34, or 42. Look out the real storm is coming to town tonight! Abingon-21 Richlands-7 smell you later!

[/ QUOTE ]

Last year he predicted Richlands to win 28-21.........He's not the most accurate of prognosticators..............

[ QUOTE ]

sept 16. 2005... you must've had a lot of fun looking that up.. but seriously what do you do all day?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on here 24/7, James..... TWENTY-FOUR/SEVEN!!!.....My life is on here, isn't yours??