Richlands Vs. The Falcons

AbndonFan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its at Richlands. I think if Abingdon Wins its going to be a game like 10-7 or something like that. Abingdon must make it a low scoring game and control the clock. They must also prevent the BIG Play. If they can do that the Falcons will have a real shot at winning.

GO FALCONS!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

We haven't given up a point this season. I pick Abingdon-28 Richlands 21 in a shocker. I think everyone is going to be shocked on how good this Abingdon team is.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you played John Battle and Patrick Henry...not hard to pitch a shutout against those teams.

Richlands wins this one by 20...on a bad day...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Fuller is the trick of all trades. he is at RB, QB, Reciever and Slot.

[/ QUOTE ]

isnt it "jack of all trades"?

As I had put on the poll, I think Abingdon's defense is going to have to be the one to carry them this year. If the D can keep it a low scoring game, crate turnovers, and do a lot of 3 and outs. Then this should take a lot of presure of the A-town's offense and allow them to do what they need to.

Someone had mentioned the two teams that we had played and yes, I will agree 100% with them that they are definitely subpar. But I hope that A-town can keep the winning streak alive. Good luck guys. This has been a great and proffesional forum so far. thanks to all.

I will tell you how bad its going to be. they will keep the clock running before half. Richlands 66 A Town Buzzards 14. I will leave at half and go watch PH at Hogknocker, I want to see the new field. Go BLUES and GO GATORS

I saw Abingdon play in the 7 on 7 at Richlands and was

impressed with their play compared to last year when I saw

them play against Richlands. Even though they are improved

the Blues will be to much for them.

Blues 35

Falcons 6

IF (BIG IF) the Falcons race to win against RHS. Then the SWD belongs to them. The rest of the SWD is in disarray.

Tazewell has no confidence.

Graham has little talent.

Grundy is.... well Grundy(Maybe one day guys)

CC may catch fire(its hard to tell who will show up on game night)

Marion is unproven at this time.

Most likely future for the Falcons: a second place finish in the SWD and a playoff birth.

you know...for Abingdon to have sucked as bad as they have for so long now, you guys all of the sudden are talking a lot of crap...and why? because you beat two Single A teams?

Graham has played a tuff schedule, they are far from having no talent.

...and Grundy...they are down right now, but wasn't that long ago when they were up, and even after "the fall" and they would only win a game or so a year, Abingdon was one of them...

SO...I hope you guys enjoy this big illusion of greatness you have, because once the whistle blows and the winds pick up...there is no doubt in my mind....Richlands is going to hand you guys your a$$ in a basket for you.

I don't think anyone is talking crap saying Abingdon is going to run away with the SWD. So they finally have some confidence about themselves. When has that ever been a bad thing. I was always told, "You'll never win a game if you don't believe you can win." So maybe they just believe. Have you seen Abingdon play this season? If you have then you'll know that the second half of both games have been mostly jv players. So the falcons are playing well and have a good team this season. Abingdon will make the post season.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone is talking crap saying Abingdon is going to run away with the SWD. So they finally have some confidence about themselves. When has that ever been a bad thing. I was always told, "You'll never win a game if you don't believe you can win." So maybe they just believe. Have you seen Abingdon play this season? If you have then you'll know that the second half of both games have been mostly jv players. So the falcons are playing well and have a good team this season. Abingdon will make the post season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Abingdon will just about have to win the SWD to have a chance at the post season in D-4. I expected a surge in Abingdon due to the coaching change (I picked them to finish 3rd) and the offense seems to be much improved. You have to play defense to win the SWD though and you need a toughness I've never seen from the Falcons.

I agree there is some more toughness needed on the defensive side of the ball. But they do have a lot of speed this season. They have a few hard nosed kids on defense and then there are some that I thought were going to lay some licks this season but I've yet to see it yet. If they are going to this week is a good week to start.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

posts like this:

IF (BIG IF) the Falcons race to win against RHS. Then the SWD belongs to them. The rest of the SWD is in disarray.

Most likely future for the Falcons: a second place finish in the SWD and a playoff birth.

***thats just silly to say that sort of thing...beat richlands then talk trash...get stomped by 40 and you are no different from last year and the year before that and the year before that...and so on.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just wondering what your reasoning is on why its hard to say what carroll team will show up on game night?...now if your talking about the bassett game alright but we've put that behind us and came back and beat patrick whos got probly the fastest back in the state and picked 2nd in the piedmont... now if your basing this on the past years thats just dumb because were a lot different kind of team than we have been in the past attitude wise i guess i would say i can't explain it really...

with all due respect I'm sure the back from Patrick Co. is fast, but not the fastest in the state. He might be one of the faster back CC will play this year but nowhere near the fastest in the state.