Infamous quote

CPF

"Were just going to be a different style,probably, hopefully a tougher style of football.If we have to we can just go back to the old style, we can just block eleven.We know we can do that"

Really?

"That's not flashy,that's not what people want to see. But we're really not here to entertain them, we're here to win.If they want to be entertained they can spend four more dollars and go to the movies"

Doug Marrs

Bluefield Daily Telegraph

August 24, 2007

Good job, you know pissing off your fan base before the season starts. I think I'll take that advice and go to the movies friday night. And I'll take the 50 dollars I would have spent on the game and your booster club with me.

[ QUOTE ]

"Were just going to be a different style,probably, hopefully a tougher style of football.If we have to we can just go back to the old style, we can just block eleven.We know we can do that"

Really?

"That's not flashy,that's not what people want to see. But we're really not here to entertain them, we're here to win.If they want to be entertained they can spend four more dollars and go to the movies"

Doug Marrs

August 24, 2007

Good job, you know pissing off your fan base before the season starts. I think I'll take that advice and go to the movies friday night. And I'll take the 50 dollars I would have spent on the game and your booster club with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Editor's Note: Friendships aside...I'm going to say what I have to say and if you guys get mad at me because of it, so be it, I'm sorry you feel that way.

What the hell do you expect him to do??? [censored] out 11 All-Staters??? My God!!!

The man and the team are doing the best they can with what they've got to work with.

If you don't like it, jump off the wagon and go to the movies on Friday night, or better yet, go watch Tazewell, now THERE is some real entertainment...

Some of you so-called "supporters" are the worst bunch of crybabies I've ever seen. When things aren't going your way, you want to take your ball and go home. And I'm not just talking about the way things are with the football team either.

You guys are ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Really?

Doug Marrs

August 24, 2007

[/ QUOTE ]

Editor's Note: Friendships aside...I'm going to say what I have to say and if you guys get mad at me because of it, so be it, I'm sorry you feel that way.

What the hell do you expect him to do??? [censored] out 11 All-Staters??? My God!!!

The man and the team are doing the best they can with what they've got to work with.

If you don't like it, jump off the wagon and go to the movies on Friday night, or better yet, go watch Tazewell, now THERE is some real entertainment...

Some of you so-called "supporters" are the worst bunch of crybabies I've ever seen. When things aren't going your way, you want to take your ball and go home. And I'm not just talking about the football team either.

[/ QUOTE ]

G-man, I am not going to get mad at you. You have your opinion, which I respect although I do not agree with. And I have mine. I have talked with alot of people about our situation and I would say off the record 95% that I have talked do not want him as coach. I know you are friends with him, and are defending him. I don't have a problem with that. But he actually said that in the newspaper, not me. If you start 3-0 you can say that, but you don't get a free pass if you get your head kicked in every week. After the 55-7 embarassment last week he showed me he hasn't a clue when he lost 2 quarterbacks and started using the single wing. You are either naive about what is really going on, or just blindly loyal to him. And that is ok, just don't call me a crybaby when my opinion is different than yours. I don't call you out on your opinion on Will Cole do I? Cole has played good, and his team is 3-0,but you still say he sucks because Doug told you so. The reason he looked so bad last year is piss poor coaching that is quite evident at this point. Bottom line is this, you can get by with a bad season or two every so often. Just coach the kids and quit being such a prick to everyone else. And that quote is exactly what I am talking about.

I will repeat, you have to use what the moms and dads send you to use. If you get a turd, you can polish it every day and shine it every day, but no matter what it looks like, it still is a turd. The easiest job is for people to sit and second guess a coach, or know what will work and what will not work. You should go to the hospital and direct the doctor on how to operate, or go to school and be the english teacher and make sure the sol scores go up. Maybe you could tell us what you do for a living besides downing other people. We all would like to come to work and watch every move you make and see how we could do it better. I am sure you called coach carlock crazy for the things he did when things went wrong. Do you realize the people of Richlands were wanting coach mance's head in 1999 and 2000. Now he is the best thing since sliced bread down there. I do not care who was coaching graham the last few years, they would not have equaled or bettered what the g-men have done. I leave you now with something coach carlock always said, "attitudes like yours are like flat tires, you will never get anywhere until you change them"

[ QUOTE ]

I don't call you out on your opinion on Will Cole do I? Cole has played good, and his team is 3-0,but you still say he sucks because Doug told you so.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously haven't watched Cole play other than the Graham game this season...Bluefield is 3-0 in spite of him...got nothing to do with Doug...that's MY opinion...

As for the rest of the story, we'll just agree to disagree at this point. When you and your "95%" get your way, then we'll see what happens...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I don't call you out on your opinion on Will Cole do I? Cole has played good, and his team is 3-0,but you still say he sucks because Doug told you so.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously haven't watched Cole play other than the Graham game this season...Bluefield is 3-0 in spite of him...got nothing to do with Doug...that's MY opinion...

As for the rest of the story, we'll just agree to disagree at this point. When you and your "95%" get your way, then we'll see what happens...

[/ QUOTE ]

Matter of fact, I watched him last friday night. I thought he played really well. And that TD pass was beautiful.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your dislike of Will Cole is clouding you rational judgment. Like or it not the kid has played a key role in Bluefield's 3-0 start. Yes, he's made some bad throws in that the actual throws have been ugly. However, overall he's made good decisions with the football and only forced a handful of throws up to this point. And most importantly, as I've said before, thus far he has delivered in the clutch.

I have read all of the opinions with great interest. The main reason for all of the great debate is the fact that the G-men are 0-3. Some will agree, some won't agree that in the past two seasons, if it wasn't for Richlands, Graham would have advanced very far in the playoffs. No discredit to Richlands, they have had outstanding teams, and were clearly better. I do not recall any definite criticism of the head coach. Bottom line is this, you have to coach the players you have. In all sports at Graham, there is a lull in numbers and talent that I and others have seen coming for several years. All schools go through this. In Coach Marrs' defense, I do not think anyone puts in more time and effort than he does. To rip them now shows little respect for the coaching staff and the players who are giving their all every week. I listened to people rip Will Cole last year for not producing yet rip him for leaving. You cannot have your cake and eat it too. I said in a previous post that we would be fine with David Marrs. I still think that. There will be brighter days ahead for Graham football.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Really?

Doug Marrs

August 24, 2007

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of you so-called "supporters" are the worst bunch of crybabies I've ever seen. When things aren't going your way, you want to take your ball and go home. And I'm not just talking about the way things are with the football team either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you have to crack on Tazewell. Everyone knows Taz is young and that there is nowhere to go but up. You are grasping at straws!!! Talk trash about the other teams, but keep T-Town out of your mess. We are trying to fix our mess as we speak. We will get better!!! We have a proven coaching staff and some great kids, so fling your crap at your own monkey!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Really?

Doug Marrs

August 24, 2007

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you have to crack on Tazewell. Everyone knows Taz is young and that there is nowhere to go but up. You are grasping at straws!!! Talk trash about the other teams, but keep T-Town out of your mess. We are trying to fix our mess as we speak. We will get better!!! We have a proven coaching staff and some great kids, so fling your crap at your own monkey!

[/ QUOTE ]

he's a hater and a LIAR who said he was done talking trash about cole...i think he enjoys wasting his middle-aged time on the computer, stirring up whatever he can in hopes of a good 2 hour long argument. and if he's lucky, that argument will be wit ha 17year old high school player. then he's REALLY satisfied, and sometimes needs a sock to clean up the mess he created for himself.

[ QUOTE ]

I have read all of the opinions with great interest. The main reason for all of the great debate is the fact that the G-men are 0-3. Some will agree, some won't agree that in the past two seasons, if it wasn't for Richlands, Graham would have advanced very far in the playoffs. No discredit to Richlands, they have had outstanding teams, and were clearly better. I do not recall any definite criticism of the head coach. Bottom line is this, you have to coach the players you have. In all sports at Graham, there is a lull in numbers and talent that I and others have seen coming for several years. All schools go through this. In Coach Marrs' defense, I do not think anyone puts in more time and effort than he does. To rip them now shows little respect for the coaching staff and the players who are giving their all every week. I listened to people rip Will Cole last year for not producing yet rip him for leaving. You cannot have your cake and eat it too. I said in a previous post that we would be fine with David Marrs. I still think that. There will be brighter days ahead for Graham football.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could not agree more with this post...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Really?

Doug Marrs

August 24, 2007

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Tid_Bit and other Tazewell fans...I only included Tazewell because of the problems they've had in the past with fans who did not appreciate the coaching staff that they had. I did not mean bash the young, struggling team that Wyatt has this season. I was only trying to draw parallel to the past...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Really?

Doug Marrs

August 24, 2007

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he's a hater and a LIAR who said he was done talking trash about cole...i think he enjoys wasting his middle-aged time on the computer, stirring up whatever he can in hopes of a good 2 hour long argument. and if he's lucky, that argument will be wit ha 17year old high school player. then he's REALLY satisfied, and sometimes needs a sock to clean up the mess he created for himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I continue to let you have your say about ME on this board...

I really beleive the G-Men will be alright. I feel like some of you forget they have played the toughest schedule in Southwest Virginia! They have played 3 teams that anyone in SWVA would have trouble beating. Now if somehow they were to lose to Marion tonight then yes start pushing the panic button, but I really don't see that happening? Graham is and will continue to be one of the better teams in the area. Don't give up on 'em yet they may just turn things around? I know most of you don't want to hear this but they are the best 0-3 team in VA AA! I still would dread playing them!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Really?

Doug Marrs

August 24, 2007

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But I continue to let you have your say about ME on this board...

[/ QUOTE ]

because nobody else will say what needs to be said about you! you're acting like you're doing me a favor by letting me stay on here. but the truth is the only reason you DONT kick me off is so that you can use it as collateral and an excuse when i say things about you that you have no response to!

im glad you're satisfied with your godly computer chair position, with the power to smite all those who speak the truth.

Everybody needs to quit cracking on everybody elses team. And as far as Marion is concerned..we are 2-1...Graham is 0-3...yet we Marion is still a 2 td underdog in this game, according to the Bristol Herald Courier...speaking from the vantage point of somebody who has seen both teams play, I think it will be a good game and could go either way...

As far as Graham vs. Tazewell....should be a close contest. Graham folks have no reason to downtalk Tazewell, they are both tied for "worst" right now...

As far as the coach for Graham goes...like it or not, I don't think anybody will get rid of Marrs, if you dislike him, get used to it, he'll be there for a while.

[ QUOTE ]

I really beleive the G-Men will be alright. I feel like some of you forget they have played the toughest schedule in Southwest Virginia! They have played 3 teams that anyone in SWVA would have trouble beating. Now if somehow they were to lose to Marion tonight then yes start pushing the panic button, but I really don't see that happening? Graham is and will continue to be one of the better teams in the area. Don't give up on 'em yet they may just turn things around? I know most of you don't want to hear this but they are the best 0-3 team in VA AA! I still would dread playing them!

[/ QUOTE ]

best reply on this subject.to be honest there isnt a swd team that would be 3-0 with our schedule.im not going to say much about marrs,hes the coach im not.i will set back and see if he can turn this around and guide these young men down the winning path.if the g-men were 0-9 i would still be there for the 10th.good luck G-Men we are behind you.

[ QUOTE ]

As far as Graham vs. Tazewell....should be a close contest. Graham folks have no reason to downtalk Tazewell, they are both tied for "worst" right now..

[/ QUOTE ] Marion hasnt beat graham since 1982..so yeah graham, and tazewell are tied for worst???

what if, just maybe graham is a single A team playing a AA schedule and what if they are just outmaned because they are holding onto something that is gone im not saying they are good or bad only that maybe they should not ask to play up and move down to A where they belong where they can year in year compete with other schools their size

I think you are a little mistaken redtiger. You are making the assumption that Graham is not competitve year in and year out. Maybe the Gman or ghs84 can give a review of their record the last 15-20 years in the regular season and playoffs. They are pretty knowledgeable about that. They were pretty successful even in their non-district schedule against AAA teams from VA, WV, and Tenn. Just because they are off to a slow start does not mean they are no longer competitive in AA. That can only be determined if there is a trend over a period of time.

Graham has played some top notch teams that are very good this year...they have nothing to hang their head over...plus it usually takes Graham a few games to gel...i still expect them to be in good shape at the end of the year.