Great Quotes

vthokies4life

List quotes, can be related to sports or don't have to be.

One of my favorite people to give great quotes was a soccer coach for liverpool, a team based out of england. One of his best was:

"Some people believe football (soccer, remember, this is a former Liverpool Manager) is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

My basketball coach at East Tenn.State Univ.once told me that I didn't know the meaning of the word "fear",so naturally I puckered my chest out like a proud peacock and then he continued to say:"But by looking at your grades it looks like you don't know the meaning of alot of words."My teammates ragged me for along time after that.LOL.

found it....

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

• 1 month later...

[ QUOTE ]

"Whats that?... Playoffs?...Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me?...Playoffs?...I just hope we can win a game." - Jim Mora

[/ QUOTE ]

Also could have been..........

Bobby Petrino in his sideline "discussion" w/ "MeAngelo All"

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly... who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who have never known neither victory nor defeat.

-Theodore Roosevelt

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

"Whats that?... Playoffs?...Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me?...Playoffs?...I just hope we can win a game." - Jim Mora

[/ QUOTE ]

Also could have been..........

Bobby Petrino in his sideline "discussion" w/ "MeAngelo All"

[/ QUOTE ]

"D" is the man today. After the int. to preserve the win against the 49'ers....he handed the ball to Arthur Blank(Falcons owner) on the sidelines. What a character but we need something to ignite the team.

I'm a VT fan...GO Hokies.

This is where they fought the battle of Gettysburg. Fifty thousand men died right here on this field, fighting the same fight that we are still fighting among ourselves today. This green field right here, painted red, bubblin' with the blood of young boys. Smoke and hot lead pouring right through their bodies. Listen to their souls, men. I killed my brother with malice in my heart. Hatred destroyed my family. You listen, and you take a lesson from the dead. If we don't come together right now on this hallowed ground, we too will be destroyed, just like they were. I don't care if you like each other of not, but you will respect each other. And maybe... I don't know, maybe we'll learn to play this game like men.

"I don't scratch my head unless it itches and I don't dance unless I hear some music. I will not be intimidated. That's just the way it is." - Coach Herman Boone on Remember the Titans

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

This is where they fought the battle of Gettysburg. Fifty thousand men died right here on this field, fighting the same fight that we are still fighting among ourselves today. This green field right here, painted red, bubblin' with the blood of young boys. Smoke and hot lead pouring right through their bodies. Listen to their souls, men. I killed my brother with malice in my heart. Hatred destroyed my family. You listen, and you take a lesson from the dead. If we don't come together right now on this hallowed ground, we too will be destroyed, just like they were. I don't care if you like each other of not, but you will respect each other. And maybe... I don't know, maybe we'll learn to play this game like men.

"I don't scratch my head unless it itches and I don't dance unless I hear some music. I will not be intimidated. That's just the way it is." - Coach Herman Boone on Remember the Titans

[/ QUOTE ]

are you watching Remember the Titans on abcfamily bogeavers? lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you watching Remember the Titans on abcfamily bogeavers? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a very good guess there BeaverTail...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

thought so...

heres one for ya "thats one bad white boy man!" Petey Jones.