Thanks for the memories but I'm done

BigD4VT

Just want to say thanks to GMan and Lance for maintaining this board. It was fun while it lasted. This used to be a great place where fans from many different schools could talk about football and actually get along with each other. Sadly that isn't possible any more so this will be my last post. I won't be reading the board either so if any the friends I've made here wish to contact me you can find me at www.bluetornadofootball.com It's a website and message board that was created due to the fact that Richlands fans can no longer discuss sports anywhere else online without having every post shot down and ripped apart. Fans from all schools are welcome. Anyone wishing to view my game photos can do so there as well as www.bigdphotography.com

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

It was fun while it lasted. This used to be a great place where fans from many different schools could talk about football and actually get along with each other. Sadly that isn't possible any more so this will be my last post. I won't be reading the board either so if any the friends I've made here wish to contact me you can find me at www.bluetornadofootball.com It's a website and message board that was created due to the fact that Richlands fans can no longer discuss sports anywhere else online without having every post shot down and ripped apart. Fans from all schools are welcome...

[/ QUOTE ]

...as long as you are a Believer in the Big Blue Bible...

My thoughts...

Reality is setting in for the Richlands faithful. Even though they will probably beat Graham by 50 this week...nah, they won't run it up...they see that this team is nowhere near as strong as the past two seasons.

A mass exodus of the Big Blue Wind...they are beginning to go into "turtle mode" with the Bluefield game looming in several weeks. They don't want to be seen, or heard, for the next several weeks. However, if they do beat the Beavers...they'll return...and be louder and more boisterous than ever...

Just my $.02...

Oh, and for those "non-believers" who venture to that "other website" (that's what they like to call this place now...thought I'd throw them a bone with that one), good luck and be careful...

See ya BigD...

I think it's silly to say you are leaving a website for such reason, I've always enjoyed your posts and the contact I've had with you over the years. This site is not the be all-end all of football, it's just another resource and stop point on the web to hang out and talk for a few...we do what we do here and I think it stays pretty clean...or at least we try to keep it that way...and you are not going to agree with every post because every person will have a different view of soemthing...so it's not always going to smell like roses.

Anyway...best of luck to you Big D...this is not a Richlands board, or a Graham board, or a Grundy board...it's a forum that covers all of the local teams to this area...not just Richlands.

best of luck and take care.

Regards,

Lance

Lance,

Its all a matter of the Richlands fans taking their ball and going home...they don't like the fact that OTHERS have their opinion on this board...its not always Blue and White. On their board, its all Richlands, all day and all night.

Boo, other schools!!! Hooray, Big Blue!!!

466557.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Dave Mann

Blue Tornado Football Admin

Blue Tornado

Football

RICHLANDS VS GRAHAM

09/15/07 at 10:13pm Smash mouth, hard hitting, big boy football folks!!! I have been looking forward to this one!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dave Mann

Blue Tornado Football IP Logged

bluesfan2007

Newbies

Blue Tornado

Football

Re: RICHLANDS VS GRAHAM

Reply #1 - Yesterday at 8:46am Lets just hope the fans can really get into this week. Last week i yelled so much I barely have my voice back. Just hoping it come back before friday.

Back to top IP Logged

Ryan4VT

Freshman Fan

Blue Tornado

Football

Reply #2 - Yesterday at 11:18am I circle this game on the calender all year. I personally HATE Graham. And i know of plenty of players that think Graham is the bigger rivalry than T-Town. Teh Boys should be fired up. And the fans better be. We are in for a tough fight. Never count Graham out, EVER.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's 2 + 2? 3rd down & 6. IP Logged

RHS78

Newbies

Blue Tornado

Football

Reply #3 - Yesterday at 12:35pm If there is rain in the forcast hope they give that field some extra attention this week.. A wet field would add to the Graham game plan.

Back to top IP Logged

proud blue

Newbies

Blue Tornado

Football

Reply #4 - Today at 10:42am According to Coach Marrs in an August article, his Graham fans should pay $4 more dollars and go to the movies if they want entertainment.

Back to top IP Logged

diehardfan

Newbies

Blue Tornado

Football

Reply #5 - Today at 12:40pm For some reason, I feel graham will be a good game, I think we will be better at this one than with abingdon.. Abingdon game was way to close for me,, Abingdon did there homework and the field coditions were tough... hopefully Mr. Sunshine will be around all week... The fan`s were way to quite... Not a happy fan supporter this week...

Back to top IP Logged

[/ QUOTE ]

like i always said. "if richlands cant have an edge, they won't play".. i agree that if by some means they manage to beat bluefield... can't see how but if they do... they will be back on here in full force

[ QUOTE ]

like i always said. "if richlands cant have an edge, they won't play".. i agree that if by some means they manage to beat bluefield... can't see how but if they do... they will be back on here in full force

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see how..............if they get royally screwed by the refs in that game. Been down there times when the Beavers have taken up the tailpipe badly.

Well im not going anywhere i enjoy reading the post on here its kinda fun to get on here and chat with everyone. Everyone has there own opinions thats what is great about the United States everyone can have one even though someone else may not agree with it. Just hope there a couple of Richlands fans stick around wouldnt have to fight all you guys off by myself haha just joking keep up the great work on the site Gman Lance and anyone else that helps out I really enjoy it.

[ QUOTE ]

Well im not going anywhere i enjoy reading the post on here its kinda fun to get on here and chat with everyone. Everyone has there own opinions thats what is great about the United States everyone can have one even though someone else may not agree with it. Just hope there a couple of Richlands fans stick around wouldnt have to fight all you guys off by myself haha just joking keep up the great work on the site Gman Lance and anyone else that helps out I really enjoy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

my thoughts exactly man... no one gets treated as bad as i do in here... but its all for fun.. i may be against what a guy says one day and agreeing with him the next, its alllllll for fun that it

[ QUOTE ]

Lance,

Its all a matter of the Richlands fans taking their ball and going home...they don't like the fact that OTHERS have their opinion on this board...its not always Blue and White. On their board, its all Richlands, all day and all night.

Boo, other schools!!! Hooray, Big Blue!!!

466557.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^^^^

I'd like to offer an amendment to this post. The rest of it is good, but it should also include: "Hooray, Red Stripe Beer!"

FWIW, I'm not going anywhere. Everyone can exhale now.

and who am i going to argue with this week and next week on that other board i mean when i say Richlands will beat tazewell or graham by 30 points and then they do no one will be there to argue. Just joking guys trying to lighten things up around here haha.

[ QUOTE ]

A mass exodus of the Big Blue Wind

[/ QUOTE ]

When the creator of this website is spouting this stuff, then I honestly don't know why anyone from Richlands would come to this site.....

[ QUOTE ]

and who am i going to argue with this week and next week on that other board i mean when i say Richlands will beat tazewell or graham by 30 points and then they do no one will be there to argue. Just joking guys trying to lighten things up around here haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

i could respond 2 different ways

#1- I being a tazewell fan couldnt agree with you more. seeing how your team is so much better than mine....... ...

#2. are you crazy?... Tazewell will kill richlands this year, unless yall bring your old cleats that is... we have too much speed and too much size... heck we gonna play Rutgars next year, by the looks of their schedule i think we would beat half the teams they play...lol.hummmmm?

which is more interesting?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

A mass exodus of the Big Blue Wind

[/ QUOTE ]

When the creator of this website is spouting this stuff, then I honestly don't know why anyone from Richlands would come to this site.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, parsons, if you don't like it, you don't have to read it. If you don't want to post on this board anymore then run along and go post on that Big Blue Board...you have my blessing...

For the rest of the Richlands fans...

You are more than welcome to post on this board. Your opinions are welcomed, but so are those of everyone else who post on this board.

If you don't like what I, or others, have to say, feel free to leave.

For those that have "thicker skin", I invite you to add your $.02 anytime you like...I haven't banned ANYONE for posting their opinion even if I don't agree with them.

Agreed GMan

This is a message board where we post our opinions. Reguardless if there right or wrong in the eyes of the Richlands fans. and Bluefield fans get stuff posted about them. But you dont see us getting pissed off and going and starting a whole new board dedicated to nothing but Bluefield Football

This is a website and we will agree and disagree with it, just like GMan said

Guest BEAVERTAIL

i was reading that richlands board and they act like we are "evil" people on this message board. Is there a good or evil when posting your OPINION on a board? i dont think so, but once again THATS MY OPINION. i mean if your gonna get offended cause someone doesnt agree with you im sorry... buts thats what its all about. A couple of us guys, ladies too (bluefieldRocks lol) sit here and talk about sports and express our opinion. I dont know why anyone would want to post on a site where everyone agrees with each other. all i ever saw on that richlands site was people saying "I agree" and "nice post". i wouldnt even waste my time posting that. I enjoy, no, i love backing up my opinion and my team. it makes me feel like lee corso. haha. Bigd, not so fast my friend, you are gonna miss out on all the fun!

I love this board and will post on it till the day i die.

And what's the fun in going on boards where everybody agrees with you? Are you that insecure that you need to know that others agree with every word you say? Please, don't judge Tech fans because of this guy.

Oh yeah, that brings me to my next point. All the arguing about the Big East vs. ACC is a blast. It's awesome hearing new viewpoints and ways to prove your point. Along with that come incredibly insignificant comments that just make the person who said it look like an idiot. And when I say that, I'M TALKING TO MYSELF AS WELL. But again, what's the point in having an opinion if your just going to group together and share the exact same viewpoints? Good luck to you BigD. I've not had too bad of an opinion of the school(s) you represent, but this definitely tarnishes anything I did see.