Thanks for the memories but I'm done

BigD4VT

[ QUOTE ]

And what's the fun in going on boards where everybody agrees with you? Are you that insecure that you need to know that others agree with every word you say? Please, don't judge Tech fans because of this guy.

Oh yeah, that brings me to my next point. All the arguing about the Big East vs. ACC is a blast. It's awesome hearing new viewpoints and ways to prove your point. Along with that come incredibly insignificant comments that just make the person who said it look like an idiot. And when I say that, I'M TALKING TO MYSELF AS WELL. But again, what's the point in having an opinion if your just going to group together and share the exact same viewpoints? Good luck to you BigD. I've not had too bad of an opinion of the school(s) you represent, but this definitely tarnishes anything I did see.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the tables were turned you all would understand a little more. I know you all will say that you wouldnt feel the same, but it does get old not being able to even talk sports from all of the nonsense that is posted just because it is about Richlands. Go ahead say what you will...this is no longer SWVAFOOTBALL.COM or SWVASPORTS.COM it is lets make everyone feel like an idiot for posting an opinion, not only richlands fans but everyone and everything. The site has definetly dropped off in the last year or so, I can tell that by just the amount of people that posts. Im sure that you still have a lot of hits, but there sure isnt as many people posting as there used to be. Because they are tired of being belittled for saying something. I know we wont agree, and I hope we never do. But ther is a difference between disscussing something and what goes on here. I used to come here to read about local teams, but now I have to read through about 10 pages of complete nonsense before I get to anything. But oh well, I know there is nothin that is goin to change your minds and Im not saying Im leaving, which I thought about last week. But Im just saying I can see where BigD is coming from.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im going to miss bid d, and as far as anything else goes, i love richlands sports but there is also some realism that every year is not going to be "our year" as far as that goes no game is a promise, hince the fact to play games. and also its a GAME! no life or death situation will come of it. and unless you are in school or have no life, then you shouldnt get on here and argue like kids. its ok to "debate" whos good and whos not, but dont let it control you.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

And what's the fun in going on boards where everybody agrees with you? Are you that insecure that you need to know that others agree with every word you say? Please, don't judge Tech fans because of this guy.

Oh yeah, that brings me to my next point. All the arguing about the Big East vs. ACC is a blast. It's awesome hearing new viewpoints and ways to prove your point. Along with that come incredibly insignificant comments that just make the person who said it look like an idiot. And when I say that, I'M TALKING TO MYSELF AS WELL. But again, what's the point in having an opinion if your just going to group together and share the exact same viewpoints? Good luck to you BigD. I've not had too bad of an opinion of the school(s) you represent, but this definitely tarnishes anything I did see.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the tables were turned you all would understand a little more. I know you all will say that you wouldnt feel the same, but it does get old not being able to even talk sports from all of the nonsense that is posted just because it is about Richlands. Go ahead say what you will...this is no longer SWVAFOOTBALL.COM or SWVASPORTS.COM it is lets make everyone feel like an idiot for posting an opinion, not only richlands fans but everyone and everything. The site has definetly dropped off in the last year or so, I can tell that by just the amount of people that posts. Im sure that you still have a lot of hits, but there sure isnt as many people posting as there used to be. Because they are tired of being belittled for saying something. I know we wont agree, and I hope we never do. But ther is a difference between disscussing something and what goes on here. I used to come here to read about local teams, but now I have to read through about 10 pages of complete nonsense before I get to anything. But oh well, I know there is nothin that is goin to change your minds and Im not saying Im leaving, which I thought about last week. But Im just saying I can see where BigD is coming from.

[/ QUOTE ]

When i first started posting on this board i was afraid that i was gonna be made stupid, but then i realized that it doesnt happen. No matter what you post its still YOUR OPINION and it cant be wrong or right, cause its YOUR OPINION. I have never been told i was stupid, or been called any names. This board is one of the better ive ever seen. Anyone who is afraid to voice their opinion on a board where really no one knows who you are and will forget about it by next week must have problems. I dont care what anyone says about MY OPINION cause im gonna stick by it cause its what i believe. Thats what makes this board so great. THANKS G-MAN, LANCE, RULES. ROCKS and anyone other mod i forgot. Your doing a great job.

P.S. all this stuff about changing boards and stuff and how we hurt other peoples feeling enough for them to leave and go to a another board makes us sound like women or something. lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When i first started posting on this board i was afraid that i was gonna be made stupid, but then i realized that it doesnt happen. No matter what you post its still YOUR OPINION and it cant be wrong or right, cause its YOUR OPINION. I have never been told i was stupid, or been called any names. This board is one of the better ive ever seen. Anyone who is afraid to voice their opinion on a board where really no one knows who you are and will forget about it by next week must have problems. I dont care what anyone says about MY OPINION cause im gonna stick by it cause its what i believe. Thats what makes this board so great. THANKS G-MAN, LANCE, RULES. ROCKS and anyone other mod i forgot. Your doing a great job.

P.S. all this stuff about changing boards and stuff and how we hurt other peoples feeling enough for them to leave and go to a another board makes us sound like women or something. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

This isnt the only post that makes us sound like women...the constant bickering does a pretty good job of that.

i just dont see why you would have to leave, i take my shots on here like everyone else does...lord knows i'm not Mr. Popular around here...lol...ask anyone from Carroll County...lol.

You can say what you want, I don't try to ban people and even though you might not like or agree with what i say, i try to let you have your say as well and if i'm wrong then i usually say i'm wrong, but if i dont agree i usually just say we'll agree to disagree...which i've seen Gman say a hundred times....but in the end, you get to say what you want to say.

People start there own boards for different reasons...and hey, more power to ya...but, this place is what it is and I just want a place for everyone, not just Richalnds, not just graham...everyone...in the area to talk about sports...because when Gman started it...there was nothing else around here and there still isn't...that does what we do here. If a few from Richalnds don't want to hang here and want to hang out at the other site, thats fine...I liked and still like Big D...I don't see the need to bash him or the Richlands guys for starting their own place...I'm still going to talk about football like i always have and if they want to talk with us here, then thats great...they are more than welcome to...if not, no big deal...life goes on.

SO...lets not take any cheap shots, and just get back to life as usual...I'm not much in to bashing other forums and all that sort of thing...they are what they are...if that's what you are looking for then go there and get your cup full.

A kind "thank you" to all of those who have said nice things here in this post about me and the forum here...I know Gman feels the same way...we are here to have a place to talk about football and the other sports and that's all we have tried to build over the past few years...Gman started it all and I just came along and helped out...but I've enjoyed it and enjoyed meeting all of you guys along the way...it's been a lot of fun and you have all made it worth the time that goes in to keeping it going.

so...can we please move on now smile.gif

Lance....thanks for your words.

At times, I've thought "G" was a genius....at other times, I wanted his mamma to take him out behind the woodshed.

Yeah, as you said, let's move on and if Blues' fans want to stay, return or forget this board..."G" has said they're welcome back...in his "off handed" way.

In my opinion, I THINK, "G" would really miss all the Richlands folks if they left.....he has to get his daily dose of barbs in or he'll lose his edge. Just a "friendly" little jab "G"....nothing personal.

And just for the record....NO ONE in Richlands is taking Graham lightly....

Pls. don't let this be a long running thread from this simple post.

I agree.

I would also like to thank GMan and Lance for opening this site. There hasn't been to many people that are on the board as long as I have except for G, Lance and a few others but this board like mentioned before is there best there is. I've been on this board for about 4 years and trust me guys. This is the best site ever to discuss High School football for our area. This site is only going to get better...Trust me, the best is yet to come

Well i have to agree with everyone, ive been on this board for quite a while, i may not post a whole whole lot but i read it everyday and i do make my opinion, and in my opinion im not all about richlands, i love richlands,richlands sports, but most of all SWVA sports and even South western West Virginia sports, im a homeboy and will support the southwester and souther virginia and west virginia sports till i die, in my opinion theres no harder hitting football than right here in the two virginia/SWVA and South western west virginia. And not trying to suck up, but just showing that there is a richlands fan or 2 out there that areant assholes and pricks like u think they are, there are alot of those too but all schools have them and i hope that this doesnt turn you against richlands sports and richlands as a community in any way. Sincerely, Blues#56/Gregg Reynolds

I hate to say this but I'm a big time Richlands fan. I think that other web site is only good for directions to the games and not that anyone needs them. The other web site boring, SWVAsports Priceless.

the crap that the other small schools have to take (hurley,twin valley,big creek, poca,etc.) and you can't take a little trash talk? what a wuss! your team has been good for last couple of years and you don't have the testicular fortitude to defend your post or your team??? don't cry on our board!!

cya bigD hey if you still get on here.. if you still want those SI back issues i know your coming to carroll this year probly so if ya want after the game i'll give them to you you can PM me if ya want since i know you won't post... but also thanx for that picture i ordered awhile back of me its really good

[ QUOTE ]

the crap that the other small schools have to take (hurley,twin valley,big creek, poca,etc.) and you can't take a little trash talk? what a wuss! your team has been good for last couple of years and you don't have the testicular fortitude to defend your post or your team??? don't cry on our board!!

[/ QUOTE ]

^ this is why this board has gone to hell

[ QUOTE ]

i just dont see why you would have to leave, i take my shots on here like everyone else does...lord knows i'm not Mr. Popular around here...lol...ask anyone from Carroll County...lol.

You can say what you want, I don't try to ban people and even though you might not like or agree with what i say, i try to let you have your say as well and if i'm wrong then i usually say i'm wrong, but if i dont agree i usually just say we'll agree to disagree...which i've seen Gman say a hundred times....but in the end, you get to say what you want to say.

People start there own boards for different reasons...and hey, more power to ya...but, this place is what it is and I just want a place for everyone, not just Richalnds, not just graham...everyone...in the area to talk about sports...because when Gman started it...there was nothing else around here and there still isn't...that does what we do here. If a few from Richalnds don't want to hang here and want to hang out at the other site, thats fine...I liked and still like Big D...I don't see the need to bash him or the Richlands guys for starting their own place...I'm still going to talk about football like i always have and if they want to talk with us here, then thats great...they are more than welcome to...if not, no big deal...life goes on.

SO...lets not take any cheap shots, and just get back to life as usual...I'm not much in to bashing other forums and all that sort of thing...they are what they are...if that's what you are looking for then go there and get your cup full.

A kind "thank you" to all of those who have said nice things here in this post about me and the forum here...I know Gman feels the same way...we are here to have a place to talk about football and the other sports and that's all we have tried to build over the past few years...Gman started it all and I just came along and helped out...but I've enjoyed it and enjoyed meeting all of you guys along the way...it's been a lot of fun and you have all made it worth the time that goes in to keeping it going.

so...can we please move on now smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

wait why wouldn't you be very popular in carroll county??

Let's go wild, wild west on this. Have Big D, G-Man, Ole Wave, Jets, the Mayor, BigBlueAlum, Tully, Lance, and a few more assorted and sundry characters meet at the OK Corral (or as it is called now the Golden Corral) and once and for all dual it out. Let them boys match dinner roll for dinner roll; beans and corn head to head, roast beef in your face, apple pie versus cherry pie. The last one left standing without puking wins! The rest of the losers have to wear their 'colors' for a week!

[ QUOTE ]

Let's go wild, wild west on this. Have Big D, G-Man, Ole Wave, Jets, the Mayor, BigBlueAlum, Tully, Lance, and a few more assorted and sundry characters meet at the OK Corral (or as it is called now the Golden Corral) and once and for all dual it out. Let them boys match dinner roll for dinner roll; beans and corn head to head, roast beef in your face, apple pie versus cherry pie. The last one left standing without puking wins! The rest of the losers have to wear their 'colors' for a week!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont get me wrong I have loved this site fromt he time I stated veiwing it. But it just dosnt seem to be the same site it was 2 or three years ago. It has went from being a place hwere you can discuss your team and other teams, to a place where you get ridiculed for speaking. And it isnt Lances, or Gmans fault. They have done an outstanding job, it is some of the posters and other mods that take things way too far and make it not as enjoyable. But its funny, even though Im tired of all the crap, I cant help but type this site in as soon as my web browser opens. Sorry for the complaning guys, Im really not trying to be a big baby. I was just hoping that things might change back to the "good ole days" But if not, Im sure Ill stick around. I just wish everyone would give everyone else a break sometimes instead of busting each others balls all the time. It would make for better disscussion and less of this crap. Again, Im sorry for complaining Gman and Lance. Im still addicted to this site. Thanks for everything. And anyone that has read my posts know that I never dog any other teams, I only stick up for my team and my town. I have always pulled for all the area teams (when they arent playing Richlands) even Bluefield, even though some people have made it hard for me too. Because I like for this area to succed in general, not Just Richlands.

And i'm not pointing any fingers or making any judgments. But, whats different from now than 2 years ago? Bluefield fans? we had a state title 2 years ago and could do nothing more than talk about our success . Richlands people who were very few on the board when it started and didnt start coming on until they started winning? Possible

edit: Not all richlands fans are like that though. Doing nothing but talking about Austin Fuller, Just a few. and if anything is said against there beloved Tornados that makes them anything lesser then superb, then they get pissed

When those select few people gone now. In my opinion this board will be better than ever!!!!

ah...me and the Marcums caught hell for going to cheer Richlands on a few years back in the playoffs...I'm a Grundy fan first and always will be...but once they are done, I'm going to support any of the other SWD teams that are alive...I think that's the thing a lot of others don't do or seem to understand...we can fight like hell against each other, but we are all still brothers at the end of the day...I want Grundy to win state, but if they are out, I'll pull for any of the area teams that has a chance.

I enjoy following all of the area teams, even Bluefield which is a total outsider to me...but I've grown to have an interest because I know a lot of you guys from on here...5 years ago I could have cared less about Bluefield...not like that now.

And lobster...I like your idea...lol.

[ QUOTE ]

And i'm not pointing any fingers or making any judgments. But, whats different from now than 2 years ago? Bluefield fans? we had a state title 2 years ago and could do nothing more than talk about our success . Richlands people who were very few on the board when it started and didnt start coming on until they started winning? Possible

edit: Not all richlands fans are like that though. Doing nothing but talking about Austin Fuller, Just a few. and if anything is said against there beloved Tornados that makes them anything lesser then superb, then they get pissed

When those select few people gone now. In my opinion this board will be better than ever!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

And some Bluefield fans along with some of every other teams fans are the same way. You got pissed when someone said they questioned the BDT player of the week didnt you. Becase you felt someone was downing one of Blluefield players, and you were taking up for him. Not saying you are wrong, but that is the same thing you said the Richlands fans do. The same can be said for all the Richlands homers... they love him and he his the best player in their books, and you wont change their minds. Im just not sure why everyone has so much hostility towards Richlands just because a few fans have made some ill advised comments in the past, when fans from every town makes the same sort of comments. I just think everyone needs to step back and realize that we all do what we get pissed at everyone for doing. It would make things a lot easier and we could actually talk about sports instead of getting into to pointless pissing matches, although fun at times...they get ould after a while. THis is what I think is the difference from two years ago... Richlands wasnt the same program...and there wasnt so much hostility towards them. Sure there was plenty of trash talk, and it was fun. And it took place during the week of games...now the trash talk is constant and has taken place since the season started and even before. But again, Im not complaining anymore, because it is stupuid and childish. Im just stating what It think you cna take it or leave. I just hate to think that you hate an entire town because of a few dumb people that you have never even met.

i actually liked BigD and enjoyed his posts for the most part but im guilty of pissing in Richlands folks wheaties at every turn..i just havent had as many chances as i wanted to do that, but its still early in the year!!..hahaha