Richlands at Marion

futbolking

[ QUOTE ]

I heard Elswick is out for the year for Richlands. That could be a big.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you may be getting Elswick confused with Wicks...Wicks tore his MCL and partial tear of his ACL...Elswick was just named the BDT Player of the Week...

im sorry if ur going to beat richlands u have to have a big bruising running game and a determined o-line no offense to marion and there fb does run hard but no where near what is needed not enough talent on D at the linebacker position hate to say it but fuller runs all over them Richlands=28 marion=7

The rain has been coming down here for two days...ground is pretty saturated...doesn't look like it will let up any time soon. Maybe by this evening...? Will that play a factor in the outcome? Marion is a very determined team this year. Good, smart kids. Talent-wise they may not match up, but you can bet they'll give it 100%.

Marion is a very good football team.they showed it against Graham and Richlands.yes the blues have slipped,but still a good team.if the playoffs started next week,marion would play the blues.this could be a very interesting playoff year.some good football left to be played.

Marion played Richlands very well. Had several scoring chances. Had a touchdown called back in the 4th and a missed field goal, which could have made a different out-come. It was a good game to watch. Don't discount Richland's win, because it was only by two against Marion. Marion is a very solid team this year. Everybody dismissed them when they lost to Chilhowie in the first game, but I truly belive that if Chilhowie were in the Southwest District, they'd be competing for a district championship. Richlands is a decent team, but not nearly the caliber team they were last year...they may very well end up with a solid record and high playoff expectations and may even win Region IV...who knows (Region IV is the weakest I've seen it in 30 years...), but they are in for a RUDE awakening if they get beyond that point.

[ QUOTE ]

Marion played Richlands very well. Had several scoring chances. Had a touchdown called back in the 4th and a missed field goal, which could have made a different out-come. It was a good game to watch. Don't discount Richland's win, because it was only by two against Marion. Marion is a very solid team this year. Everybody dismissed them when they lost to Chilhowie in the first game, but I truly belive that if Chilhowie were in the Southwest District, they'd be competing for a district championship. Richlands is a decent team, but not nearly the caliber team they were last year...they may very well end up with a solid record and high playoff expectations and may even win Region IV...who knows (Region IV is the weakest I've seen it in 30 years...), but they are in for a RUDE awakening if they get beyond that point.

[/ QUOTE ] Marion is one-dimensional and Richlands was playing with the walking wounded. With everyone healthy Richlands wins this game by 2 touchdowns easily. Marion doesn't throw the ball effectively and it has cost them two loses...one to Graham and one to the Blues. As for Richlands being in for a RUDE awakening, that's why they play the game on the field, and not on a freakin' message board. Also, Richlands doesn't need you to tell them not to discount their win just because it was only by two, and in the same breath point out that the 4th quarter touchdown was called back...it wouldn't have been a touchdown if the guy from Marion hadn't tackled the defender, that's why they called the holding penalty...Marion also complained about being "cheated in the loss to Graham..my gosh, quit crying and take the loss like a man...and as for the missed field goal, that's also part of the game. You have to make 'em in the clutch.

Then go watch the game and quit reading the message board. It appeared to me that Marion scored with the "pass" against Richlands. You obviously have seen Marion play ONE time this year. You've probably been reading too many message boards. Hey, don't get mad at me for pointing out the obvious. Richlands isn't all it's cracked up to be this year...reality bitES. You can't use injuries as an excuse for every performance. The other guys have to step up and perform...it's a "team" sport.

[ QUOTE ]

Then go watch the game and quit reading the message board. It appeared to me that Marion scored with the "pass" against Richlands. You obviously have seen Marion play ONE time this year. You've probably been reading too many message boards.

[/ QUOTE ] Like I said futbolqueen, it was a holding penalty that was called because the defender was "tackled" that would have made the play...stop your whining.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Then go watch the game and quit reading the message board. It appeared to me that Marion scored with the "pass" against Richlands. You obviously have seen Marion play ONE time this year. You've probably been reading too many message boards.

[/ QUOTE ] Like I said futbolqueen, it was a holding penalty that was called because the defender was "tackled" that would have made the play...stop your whining.

[/ QUOTE ] I'm not making excuses for the Blues...I don't have to...Richlands won the game, remember?