SWD CHAMPS...

ghs84

Wayne vs. Wier  

1. 1. Wayne vs. Wier

[ QUOTE ]

so Graham has to lose 2 district games to not win district regular season right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

One loss will likely cause a tie...Champion is then determined by VHSL rating points.

If Graham wins out in the district, they are outright champs...

[ QUOTE ]

as of now Richlands had the higher VHSL rating points...right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. They have the highest VHSL rating right now but are also one game behind in the district standings right now.

Remember though, winning the district only guarantees you a spot in the playoffs...playoff seeds are determined by VHSL rating points...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

as of now Richlands had the higher VHSL rating points...right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. They have the highest VHSL rating right now but are also one game behind in the district standings right now.

Remember though, winning the district only guarantees you a spot in the playoffs...playoff seeds are determined by VHSL rating points...

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone figured out what happens if Richlands loses to Bluefield, and Graham wins out? I'd think the points would get real close.

That's a scenario that has a really good chance of happening. Richlands folks apparently haven't come down to earth yet, even with a loss to Graham and narrowly defeating Abingdon and Marion. Bluefield just may rock their world and bring them down to earth. I'll repeat what I've been saying ALL year long...Richlands is good, but only a shadow of what they were the past two seasons. Now, I'll sit back and wait for all the Richlands fans to criticize me for stating the obvious.

[ QUOTE ]

That's a scenario that has a really good chance of happening. Richlands folks apparently haven't come down to earth yet, even with a loss to Graham and narrowly defeating Abingdon and Marion. Bluefield just may rock their world and bring them down to earth. I'll repeat what I've been saying ALL year long...Richlands is good, but only a shadow of what they were the past two seasons. Now, I'll sit back and wait for all the Richlands fans to criticize me for stating the obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wont criticize you for stating the obvious, because it is just that, and I think every Richlands fan realizes it. No Richlands fan has ever said we are as good as last year. We are a good team, but no where near where we were last year. You are putting alot of words into our mouths by saying that we think we are the best team ever. I think you are just a sore loser, because you had nothing to say about Richlands until we beat you. Please just take a defeat for what it is, and stop putting words into our mouths.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I don't have a problem with what you've said here, all I have a problem with is your constant whining about "what might have been" in Marion's two loses to Graham and Richlands. Stop crying about penalties and take your loses with class.

Bull, the wind coming out of Richlands hasn't been a tornado, it's been a bunch of hot air coming out of everybody's mouth about how good they were this year. Back to the poll, it's Graham's championship to lose. By all rights, they should win out against the rest of the sub-par Southwest District this year. I guess they'll just crown the champion, the best of the worst.

[ QUOTE ]

Bull, the wind coming out of Richlands hasn't been a tornado, it's been a bunch of hot air coming out of everybody's mouth about how good they were this year. Back to the poll, it's Graham's championship to lose. By all rights, they should win out against the rest of the sub-par Southwest District this year. I guess they'll just crown the champion, the best of the worst.

[/ QUOTE ] You are the sorest loser I have ever seen! You said on a previous post you were tired of hearing Richlands fans make plans for the playoffs...what a whiner! Take your defeat like a man...if you're capable of doing that...and concentrate on Marion, and quit obsessing over Richlands. Your jealousy is embarrassing to me as it should be to you. Are you actually reading what you are writing, or just crying as you type? You are pathetic!

i have sat here lately reading all these posts from everyone and laughing. rhs is a very good team marion is a ok team ghs is a team that needs improvement. they may win out against a subpar swd as you say. but if you dont like the swd then have your school move out and reform the highland district seeing as how it was such a power house district. ghs rhs ths and grundy would not mind i dont think. these schools have had some of the best rivalarys over the years which makes them much better. we all may not be as good as in past but we are still better personally than many others. we all in the end support each other except when playing each other. so just move on past the loss and wait for the next game or maybe next year.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one has said that Richlands is great this year...sure we think our team is good, but we accepted the beating that Graham gave us, and we didnt make excuses. Could we have won...sure...but we didt, and the reason we lost is that Graham out played us. This reminds me of alot of the crap that was stirred up a few weeks back, and I thoght we were over all of this. I honestly dont see where you are getting all of the mysterious posts that say that Richlands fans think we are the best?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there is any "finish" line w/ you....but, Marion is NOW in the SWD....don't degrade the district in which YOUR team NOW plays ....w/comments about sub-par....worst of best....I can assure you that SWD teams will not appreciate those words. There is an ole SWD saying...."payback can be......and that's not a bunch of hot air. Nuff said on this for me.

I have a right to my opinion. I've been watching SWD football for 30+ years. It is my opinion that the district is the worst it has been in the 30+ years that I have been watching football. Get over it. You have your opinion, I have mine. Quit getting your panties in a wad, because I've said something you don't like. It's life, move on. In fact, if I may make a suggestion. If you don't like what I have to say...don't READ it.

Marion was in the district 30 years ago. Sorry if you all can't handle the truth. Just stating the facts. Marion has NEVER been a football power. I'm not afraid to admit it. Seems like some of you other guys have a hard time dealing with the truth. In the past I could honestly say that the SWD was one of the best AA districts in the state and could compete with any other AA district in the state. Can't say that this year. I'm sorry if you all can't handle criticism, it's only one man's opinion.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] You are the sorest loser I have ever seen! You said on a previous post you were tired of hearing Richlands fans make plans for the playoffs...what a whiner! Take your defeat like a man...if you're capable of doing that...and concentrate on Marion, and quit obsessing over Richlands. Your jealousy is embarrassing to me as it should be to you. Are you actually reading what you are writing, or just crying as you type? You are pathetic!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, something I said embarrases you? That's funny. I should do this more often. You know, there is another messageboard that is specifically for Richlands fans, maybe you should give that one a try. I hear they say only nice things about Richlands on there. That way you won't have to get offended if somebody says something bad about your team, if you read the posts on that one. Afterwards, you can all sit around a campfire and sing. Everybody on there just brags and gloats about Richlands...that'd be perfect for you.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I've never had a problem with "fair" criticism, it's the outright lies that you tell that bother me, and everyone on here sees right through you. You're looking really ignorant...the more you say, the dumber you look, so keep it up...I'm thoroughly enjoying it, and it looks like I've got some company.

By the way, you made a statement earlier about the weak schedule Richlands played at the beginning of the season. If memory serves me correctly, Marion began the season playing against 3 single A teams as well...are you telling me there should be a double standard for Marion? Marion beat Northwood, who has won 1 game so far this season, and Patrick Henry of Glade Spring who is 3-4, Grundy who is 2-4 and lost to single A Chilhowie, granted a very good team this year. But still 3 single A teams. Richlands played Gate City (5-2), Honaker (3-3 with a win over Abingdon), and Powell Valley (3-3). Now tell me, who had the tougher schedule, Marion or Richlands? I guess you're saying it's just not fair for Marion to be held to the same standards as Richlands, Graham, etc. I'm sure the Marion faithful would disagree whole-heartedly. Marion is a fine school, and in the past 30 years Marion has had some darn good football teams, so don't belittle Marion by saying they're not a football school. That's just wrong.

but when you knock the district saying it is weak then you will get this response and i know that marion was in the district way back then along with gate city va high john battle and abingdon also. these teams left and formed the highland district with exception of gate city which went to single a and maybe battle. not sure about the last one. and way back then yea marion was not that good. and as i said before if you dont like the district then get out of it like they did years ago. ask the vhsl to move you elsewhere but do not knock the swd. unless you want to catch heck on here.

also if you actually read my post you would have seen i said they were in the district years ago. i never said they were never in the swd. so please learn to read the entire post not just what you want to read into it.

This thread has gotten ridiculous. Futbolking, I give you credit for being passionate, but enough is enough. I give Marion credit, they are a good team. They have just come up a little short in a few games that in recent years they would have been blown out. No need to discredit the whole district for being the weakest in so many years. All the kids are playing hard, no matter who they play for. Lets agree to go on to next week.