Who is the area's best rusher?

fieldgeneral

Guest BEAVERTAIL

after tonight i believe shawn brooks is the best running back in the area. he may not have the stats, but thats because bluefield spreads the ball around. James monroe had trouble tackling him all night...i dont think one single mav brought him down. he carried the beavers on his shoulders tonight...

The only flaw Brooks has is that he doesn't know when to go down sometimes, which led to one fumble tonight vs. JM (although I think he was down before the ball came out). He also tends to hold the ball out when fighting for extra yardage also.

[ QUOTE ]

The only flaw Brooks has is that he doesn't know when to go down sometimes, which led to one fumble tonight vs. JM (although I think he was down before the ball came out). He also tends to hold the ball out when fighting for extra yardage also.

[/ QUOTE ]

His refusal to go down and determination to keep fighting for yards is what makes him special. The only flaw I see, which leads to the fumbles, is that sometimes he carries the ball away from his body, making it easy to poke away in a pile.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His refusal to go down and determination to keep fighting for yards is what makes him special. The only flaw I see, which leads to the fumbles, is that sometimes he carries the ball away from his body, making it easy to poke away in a pile.

[/ QUOTE ]

and i can guarantee you that back coach and verbal guru Pete "The Pest" Sarver will be sure to pound that one fumble into his head for the next 5 days! all game he yelled at brooks to keep it tucked, as did Mr. Cole in the huddle. it is a bit hard to keep it on your bicep when it's the size of 3/4 or you forearm, but that's no excuse and he will get better.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

after watching brooks lately he reminds me of Adrian Peterson. A decent sized back that can run with power, speed, and finess...

Guest zeus71

There is no standout this season but I know the two hardest runners in this area. Logan Ball and # 21 from grham. Both studs.

I think you have to include Benton from Big Creek in that group. Doesn't get the pub being from a small program that doesn't play the toughest comp weekly but puts up the numbers. Usually he doesn't carry over 15 times a game with astronomical numbers.

In a bigger program he would be a star. Good size, strength and good enough speed.