Thoughts on Marion vs. Graham 2...

futbolking

First game was very competitive...Marion played without starting qb in the 2nd half...not sure, but think Graham had a couple hurt for that game as well. Marion is playing the best they have all year, the past couple of weeks. I think it'll be another close contest. Marion hasn't beaten Graham in 20 years...Could the streak be over?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

marion could be getting better though..they beat abingdon who did beat graham the week before...just because graham played a "sloppy" game before doesn't mean they're automatically going to win

Yeah, I was at the first game...Marion made a lot of mistakes, too. Wasn't their best performance either. I hope the rest of the G-Men come in that game with the same attitudeas this guy. Please don't blame sloppyness on their loss to Blacksburg...Graham just got dominated in every phase of the game in that one. Wouldn't have mattered if Tom Brady was at quarterback...

[ QUOTE ]

marion could be getting better though..they beat abingdon who did beat graham the week before...just because graham played a "sloppy" game before doesn't mean they're automatically going to win

[/ QUOTE ]

Graham nor Abingdon played well after their battle.that game took a lot out of both teams.but Graham having time to get a good game plan together,and rest will make this a better game than the first one.Graham will be ready next week.

[ QUOTE ]

Graham nor Abingdon played well after their battle.that game took a lot out of both teams.but Graham having time to get a good game plan together,and rest will make this a better game than the first one.Graham will be ready next week.

[/ QUOTE ]Marion has the same time to rest and get a game plan together too..all I'm saying is Graham shouldn't take this game too lightly. Although I'm sure they're not going to..

Just hope the game doesn't turn out like the 1999 Graham v. Tazewell playoff game. Graham destroyed Tazewell earlier in the year and Tazewell got the best of Graham in the playoff game. I think it was the first win against Graham in 15 or so years............my knee still hurts from that game haha

[ QUOTE ]

Just hope the game doesn't turn out like the 1999 Graham v. Tazewell playoff game. Graham destroyed Tazewell earlier in the year and Tazewell got the best of Graham in the playoff game. I think it was the first win against Graham in 15 or so years............my knee still hurts from that game haha

[/ QUOTE ]We are not going to take this game lightly we had 2 of our key players out when we played marion the first time..dont know if it would have made a difference, but we are gonna come into this game ready and prepared

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have been the field goal kicker....

Mistakes or no mistakes..that game is over. Hmmmm Futbolking let me ask you, do you think Marion could play with Blacksburg??? When Marion play's against Blacksburg then you can come and talk to the G-men, you wasn't there at all. So don't say anyone got dominated...yeah i know 55-7. But this year is Blacksburg best team in years.

And they dominated us.Don't let a loss define who the G-men are this season. You have nothing to hang your heads about, because you did not let a rocky start keep you down.

You all held togeather and kept in there. That is what matters now. And it is the reason you are still in it.

[ QUOTE ]

Mistakes or no mistakes..that game is over. Hmmmm Futbolking let me ask you, do you think Marion could play with Blacksburg??? When Marion play's against Blacksburg then you can come and talk to the G-men, you wasn't there at all. So don't say anyone got dominated...yeah i know 55-7. But this year is Blacksburg best team in years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it matter...apparently, Marion can play with Graham...that's all that matters.

[ QUOTE ]

And they dominated us.Don't let a loss define who the G-men are this season. You have nothing to hang your heads about, because you did not let a rocky start keep you down.

You all held togeather and kept in there. That is what matters now. And it is the reason you are still in it.

[/ QUOTE ]In the end we all know marion could never hang with blacksburg..thats just the way it is

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]In the end we all know marion could never hang with blacksburg..thats just the way it is

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys need to be worried about your performance against Marion...not if Marion could hang in with Blacksburg. I didn't say they could...who did? I was just telling the one guy that posted to not make excuses for losing to Blacksburg, they were the better team. Who cares if Blacksburg would beat Marion...

You guys just need to worry about your upcoming game and not all of the "what ifs"?

all im going to say is that marion has a very good team this year and its going to be a good game next week.but Graham and Marion are 0-0 as of now.so good luck G-Men and lets start this playoff season with a bang.

GHS 28

MHS 17

Thank you. At last, somebody who is not taking offense to something that was not meant to be offensive.

I agree, I am one of the biggest Graham fans there is, I went to Graham. I grew up in Bluefield. I just have some ties to the Marion football team right now, that is why I support them.

I would like to see both teams do well, but there can only be one winner. For Marion, a win against Graham is long overdue and I think they have a legitimate shot in this one. First legitimate shot at Graham in about 20 years.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

In the end we all know marion could never hang with blacksburg..thats just the way it is

[/ QUOTE ]and graham couldn't either..so what's your point?

[/ QUOTE ]and this is coming from a guy from pocy..hahaha

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

In the end we all know marion could never hang with blacksburg..thats just the way it is

[/ QUOTE ]and graham couldn't either..so what's your point?

[/ QUOTE ]and this is coming from a guy from pocy..hahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot... What does being from Pocahontas have anything to do with Graham getting their butts handed to them by Blacksburg, or the Graham/Marion game?