Richlands VS Marion

Blues_56

The two storms collide Friday November 23 @ the Ernie in RIchlands. Marions running game and now passing game will be a tought test for the blues as they struggled in the reg. season game between the two, the Blues won 16-14 to pull it out. Joel threw 5 TD passes against a fair team in Patrick Co. but as rough as the cougars looked they were still beautiful passess compared to as early in the season what he was throwing. But my Prediction is an overtime thriller, the hometeam (Richlands) comes away with a win 28-27 with a defensive stop on 4th down in overtime.

well richlands has many things going into this game, they have been at this stage before there use to big games, homefield also is a advantage

in order for marion to get out of it with a W, they have to run the ball consiently, no turnovers

i see richlands pulling away in the 2nd half

I see it being a close contest, if Richlands pulls away, it will be difficult for Marion to come back. However, I think Marion can grind out the clock and keep it close and possibly pull the upset. Look forward to watching it on friday. Whoever wins, I hope they represent Region IV well at the next level.

i dont think richlands line will be able to handle marion's line.they are better than people think.and its hard to beat a GOOD team twice in same season.marion wont make the same mistakes as they did in the first game.marion couldve won that game,but come up a little short.marion is well coached.i look for marion to pull the upset.

MHS 21

RHS 20 good luck marion

[ QUOTE ]

Marion is playing their best football of the year right now, too. I won't predict anything. I'll just say Marion will have a good showing and will prove that they deserve to be in that game. Good Luck to both teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right--Marion does deserve to be in the regional

championship game--the storm clouds will definitely be whirling at Ole Ernie Friday night!!!

Go Blues!!!

Well look at this way these two teams are use to playing each other twice a year, dating back to when they where in divsion 4 , I may have put that wrong but someone will correct me if I did.. And they had classic games every year.. Marion has taken beatings the past few years, now the youth has grown up and its the same old Blues.. Going to be a good game Imma show up to catch this one.

[ QUOTE ]

i dont think richlands line will be able to handle marion's line.they are better than people think.and its hard to beat a GOOD team twice in same season.marion wont make the same mistakes as they did in the first game.marion couldve won that game,but come up a little short.marion is well coached.i look for marion to pull the upset.

MHS 21

RHS 20 good luck marion

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i guess you guys found that out last friday

[ QUOTE ]

Well look at this way these two teams are use to playing each other twice a year, dating back to when they where in divsion 4 , I may have put that wrong but someone will correct me if I did.. And they had classic games every year.. Marion has taken beatings the past few years, now the youth has grown up and its the same old Blues.. Going to be a good game Imma show up to catch this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...while I was in High School (1999-2003) I remember playing Marion a couple of times in the playoffs. Or atleast I think it was the playoff, Its sad that I cant remember back that far. I dont recall playing them twice in the same year...but like I said the memory is a little fuzzy around my high school years.

[ QUOTE ]

MHS 21

RHS 20 good luck marion

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at that first Marion and Richlands game and it truly could've went either way...I hope you're right.

yeah,marion was getting momentum and the clock ran out.hopefully they can carry it over from last game.marion is a good football team.alot better than i thought.how many SR.s are on that team?

4 or 5 starters on both sides of the ball. The J.V. team, however is looking pretty impressive, probably a little better next year, than this year.

The varsity team is playing well, and they've got one thing that's been missing here for a while..."confidence"...I think the close games with Graham and Richlands early in the season gave them a lot of confidence in themselves, just hearing them talk after the games and their demeanor changed after those contests. Even though they lost, they believed they could win and we all know what confidence can do for a football team. I can tell you that the team is more anxious to prove themselves against Richlands, than they were against Graham, so we'll see how it goes. Richlands has been hard to predict this year. Some games, they seem really, really good, other games they have been very beatable. Guess we'll find out on friday.