Region IV Championship

ghs84

OR abingdon  

1. 1. OR abingdon

I think Brookville take this one. They have played much better competition and will be prepared.

Richlands falls to the Bees 24-13

(9-3)Brookville's loses come from Amherst, Salem, & William Bryd who's cominbed record is 34-2. William Bryd lost to Salem and Amherst.

<u>Brookville's schedule</u>

Home Amherst County L 7-42

Away @ Tunstall Senior W 14-42

Home Salem L 14-42

Home Lord Botetourt W 28-26

Away @ William Byrd L 56-35

Away @ Rustburg W 8-35

Home Jefferson Forest W 34-27

Away @ Liberty (Bedford) W 20-47

Home Staunton River W 41-18

Away @ Heritage (Lynchbrug) W 21-28

<u>Playoffs</u>

Home Liberty (Bedford) W 42-12

Home Stuarts Draft W 28-20 Region III Champs

[ QUOTE ]

This is a trick question...since Brookville HS is located in Lynchburg, the Bees will definitely be going to Lynchburg after the semifinal game...

[/ QUOTE ]

Technically, Brookville is in Campbell County. Lynchburg city limit line is literally about a stone's throw away.

I thought Lynchburg annexed the Timberlake area?

Anyway, the mailing address and Zip Code are Lynchburg's, so I'm sticking to my summation...its like the Richlands/Cedar Bluff thing discussed on here a couple of weeks ago.

[ QUOTE ]

I thought Lynchburg annexed the Timberlake area?

Anyway, the mailing address and Zip Code are Lynchburg's, so I'm sticking to my summation...its like the Richlands/Cedar Bluff thing discussed on here a couple of weeks ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lynchburg should've grabbed Timberlake, but I think they were one of the casualties of the Grayson Commission anti-annexation laws.

Besides, you're right. Trying to explain where Brookville is without mentioning Lynchburg is like trying to direct anyone from east of Roanoke to anywhere west of Roanoke without using Grundy as a reference point.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, just one of those "ironic" type things...

Brookville is located next to a section of Lynchburg called "Richland" Hills...

[/ QUOTE ]

Caught that little tidbit on their website. Does seem sort of ironic.

G-Man, I have a extra Blues sweatshirt if you want to borrow it for Saturday's game.

[ QUOTE ]

After seeing Richlands on Friday...I'd have to say that Richlands is peaking at the right time...I'll stay with the Region IV team and pick Richlands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the support!!!

GO BLUES!!!

My wife graduated from Heritage and told me that Brookville was always considered the "redneck" school, along with Rustburg. Of course, someone from Brookville would probably consider someone from anywhere west of Blacksburg redneck, so I guess it's all relative.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

G-Man, I have a extra Blues sweatshirt if you want to borrow it for Saturday's game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Send it to me, I'll wear it. Hell, I even wore a Beaver shirt to the James Monroe game this year...y'all had your chance to get pictures of some pretty incriminating evidence that night....

[ QUOTE ]

i thought the region 4 championship was played last week?

[/ QUOTE ]

i know its a semifinal game between regions 3 and 4.so we will call it div.3 region 3 and 4 semifinal.hows that?

[ QUOTE ]

After seeing Richlands on Friday...I'd have to say that Richlands is peaking at the right time...I'll stay with the Region IV team and pick Richlands.

[/ QUOTE ]

have you seen Brookville play?im not going to predict this game,because i know nothing about them,except who they have played.and they do play a very tough schedule.i think Brookville won the state title in 1999.not sure but maybe G-Man can help on that.

marion played a lot like some other area teams this year.good one week bad the next.not winning many games in a row.really expected them to do that.Brookville is on a 7 game win streak.Richlands is playing very good defense at the right time.and they are on a 4 game win streak.i see this game going down to the wire.i hope richlands field is in better shape than pittsburghs last night.lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Send it to me, I'll wear it. Hell, I even wore a Beaver shirt to the James Monroe game this year...y'all had your chance to get pictures of some pretty incriminating evidence that night....

[/ QUOTE ]i wanna see incriminating evidence of you doing the soulja boy dance haha "haterz wanna be me g-man i'm the man...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i wanna see incriminating evidence of you doing the soulja boy dance haha "haterz wanna be me g-man i'm the man...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering when someone was going to pick up on that...LOL