THE STATE OF WEST VIRGINIA HAS JUST BEEN PLACED ON A SUICIDE WARNING!!!

GMan

[ QUOTE ]

well they should get the chance to play someone then lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that Hawaii should also get that same chance if they happen to pull one out against Washington tonight. Since they didnt play anyone good in the regular season then they whould get the chance in the NC...right? wink.gif Just messing with ya man...as long as WVU isnt in it then I dont care who is...lol!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

if tennessee wasnt the luckiest team in the country along with UVA, UGA would have been in a showdown with LSU, and they would have won. heck Tennessee should have won today.

LSU is overhyped. they have struggles the whole second half of the season. Ole miss was hanging with them for a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, no need for the Virginia bashing. A team gives itself the opportunity for good fortune to follow it, and for once in Virginia's 118-year history, Virginia got some breaks. Enough of that.

It would be a pity if Erik Ainge, of all people, killed Virginia Tech's national title prayers. Put in the second-string quarterback halfway through the 4th quarter, and the Volunteers win today. It was that bad.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

LSUs win today didnt mean anything. Yes UGA should have beaten UT earlier then taken care of LSU. but it didnt happen that way.

This is the same Tenn team who should have lost to VANDERBILT, i repeat VANDERBILT, on a missed FG. a couple of inches and the game goes the other eay. they also got very lucky against SC.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

if tennessee wasnt the luckiest team in the country along with UVA, UGA would have been in a showdown with LSU, and they would have won. heck Tennessee should have won today.

LSU is overhyped. they have struggles the whole second half of the season. Ole miss was hanging with them for a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, no need for the Virginia bashing. A team gives itself the opportunity for good fortune to follow it, and for once in Virginia's 118-year history, Virginia got some breaks. Enough of that.

It would be a pity if Erik Ainge, of all people, killed Virginia Tech's national title prayers. Put in the second-string quarterback halfway through the 4th quarter, and the Volunteers win today. It was that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.

- Thomas Jefferson.

Its ok UVAobserver, luck can come from many things, and UVA got some this year. you have to agree...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

well seeing that "the big ten" may have cost ohio state from getting into the championship

[/ QUOTE ]

well put OSU in the SEC and they have a least 3 losses, so they are probably better off in the big ten anyways...

Great Jefferson quote, by the way.

It would be foolish to say that the Hoos didn't have luck. Swank missing the field goal, the referrees reviewing the field goal that technically wasn't reviewable in Chapel Hill, etc. This is the first year Virginia's really had some luck come their way.

Let's put Virginia aside. Tonight's a night of celebration!

Ah, West Virginia and their quality losses to quality teams... Naw'leans bound!

Pitt extends their series lead to 60-37-3 in the Backyard brawl.

I suppose the police had no fun at the game tonight. No win, so no rushing the field. No rushing the field, so no mase/arrests. No mase/arrests, no fun. frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

LSU lost to unranked Arkansas. They dont deserve a shot, Sorry, thats just how it is. I picked LSU to win it all at the beginning of the season but they are not as good as advertised. they did not impress me today either.

Georgia is on fire. They are clicking right now and i guarantee that LSU did not want to face them. They have won 6 straight games including ones over Florida Kentucky and i believe Auburn. Not to mention a decent GT team.

OSU is the team that deserves nothing. They play IAA Youngstown state (7-4), and not to mention Akron and Kent state. They also play Washington, a 4-8 team whose record actually makes them look better than they really are. OSUs biggest win came against a team that also lost to a IAA team. And most importantly, they did not play in a conference championship, which i believe they should. Lets not forget how unranked illinios came into town and beat OSU at home, in the next to last game of OSUs reg. season.

UGA and VT both are on hot streaks, have beaten opponents, top 25 opponents, and all by double digits. Right now, they are the best 2 teams in the country with USC #3.

[/ QUOTE ] Sorry, that's NOT just "how it is". LSU beat the SNOT out of VT...Tech was never even in the game. How can you rank them above LSU? Makes no sense. LSU lost to a good Arkansas team touting the probable Heisman winner, whether they were ranked or not, and a good Kentucky team, both in the SEC...both in OT (as I said, 6 ot's to be exact). Glen Dorsey and other seniors on the LSU team are injured (Dorsey because of an illegal chop block by Auburn). When they get healthy (around Jan. 7), LSU will dominate anyone in the country. I agree Georgia is on a roll, but they didn't even make it to the championship game in the SEC, so how in the world can you say Georgia is the best team in the SEC? That my friend is flawed thinking. Mark it down, LSU will be in the NC game, and they deserve it.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

LSU lost to unranked Arkansas. They dont deserve a shot, Sorry, thats just how it is. I picked LSU to win it all at the beginning of the season but they are not as good as advertised. they did not impress me today either.

Georgia is on fire. They are clicking right now and i guarantee that LSU did not want to face them. They have won 6 straight games including ones over Florida Kentucky and i believe Auburn. Not to mention a decent GT team.

OSU is the team that deserves nothing. They play IAA Youngstown state (7-4), and not to mention Akron and Kent state. They also play Washington, a 4-8 team whose record actually makes them look better than they really are. OSUs biggest win came against a team that also lost to a IAA team. And most importantly, they did not play in a conference championship, which i believe they should. Lets not forget how unranked illinios came into town and beat OSU at home, in the next to last game of OSUs reg. season.

UGA and VT both are on hot streaks, have beaten opponents, top 25 opponents, and all by double digits. Right now, they are the best 2 teams in the country with USC #3.

[/ QUOTE ] Sorry, that's NOT just "how it is". LSU beat the SNOT out of VT...Tech was never even in the game. How can you rank them above LSU? Makes no sense. LSU lost to a good Arkansas team touting the probable Heisman winner, whether they were ranked or not, and a good Kentucky team, both in the SEC...both in OT (as I said, 6 ot's to be exact). Glen Dorsey and other seniors on the LSU team are injured (Dorsey because of an illegal chop block by Auburn). When they get healthy (around Jan. 7), LSU will dominate anyone in the country. I agree Georgia is on a roll, but they didn't even make it to the championship game in the SEC, so how in the world can you say Georgia is the best team in the SEC? That my friend is flawed thinking. Mark it down, LSU will be in the NC game, and they deserve it.

[/ QUOTE ]

But then again, how many chances does LSU deserve to get into the title game? They have had chances to keep their spot in the top 2 twice before, so I don't think they should have any more chances to reconcile their season.

But the question that I can't answer is this:

Which stat pulls more weight, the fact that Virginia Tech has only lost to two teams ranked higher than them (at the time, No. 2 LSU and No. 2 Boston College) or the fact that LSU beat Tech, despite a loss to a team ranked lower than them (at the time Kentucky No. 17) and an unranked Arkansas?

[ QUOTE ]

Ah, West Virginia and their quality losses to quality teams... Naw'leans bound!

Pitt extends their series lead to 60-37-3 in the Backyard brawl.

I suppose the police had no fun at the game tonight. No win, so no rushing the field. No rushing the field, so no mase/arrests. No mase/arrests, no fun. frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that the field was the least of their worries. It was the Morgantown dumpsters and couches that were in danger. The couches all breathed a sigh of relief last night.

futon_couch.jpg

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Look, UGA and LSU both have the same conference record, its a shame only one got in. Tennesse should have won the SEC championship anyways, but Ainge blew that for them. The fact that LSU won the conference game really means nothing to me cause they played horribly, as well as Tenneessee.

and if kentucky didnt blow it against Tenn. it would be different too...

but its like i said before, UGA had the same record as LSU in the SEC. Its unfortunate they didnt get in the game and we wouldnt be having this talk cause they would have beaten LSU, especially if they played like they did last night. There are not 2 hotter teams in the country in UGA and VT, and they both deserve a shot at the title...