anyone actually seen Gretna this year?

LegendatLegion

When you do see them, you're not going to like it...especially as a Gate City fan.

They are extremely athletic and have several weapons on offense. Oh, and their D, its pretty good too.

I agree it won't be that close. I saw them play Goochland and this team is LOADED and fast at EVERY position. Their LB's are about 5'6 each and weigh about 140lbs at the most but they are fast and tough as nails.

Plus their coach is a prick so if they get ahead be prepared for them to run the score up on you. And they onside kick just about everytime no matter the score.

I've saw both Gretna and GC play this year and I would say 55-12. But I really hope GC wins

GC doesn't match up well with Gretna. Not many single A teams do, if any. This will be a very difficult game for your boys to end the season on, but don't feel bad because no other team would have been able to come within 40 points of them either. GW played like they didn't want to meet Gretna and were ready for basketball season. I hope you guys stay healthy after this game so that we can see you again in basketball. Best wishes, but every once in a while a team like Gretna comes along and has too much talent for others to handle. GC is playing well, but they do not match up well with the Gretna offense. Your type of offense controls the ball and uses up the clock. Gretna doesn't give their opponents the ball long enough to do this, yet they score seemingly at will. I would like to see the moons line up and you all beat them. At least you made it to the state championship game. This is usually when someone says that they might as well not even show up for the game. This time it wouldn't be considered sarcastic. If anyone could prepare a game plan to at least come out of this game with some dignity it would be Colobro. Good luck!

Gate City has to go in to this game and drop the hammer to win...the ONLY way they have a chance is to start on the first play and knock Gretna in the teeth like they have never been hit...if they can make it a physical game and just hit these guys on every play as hard as they can, they might have a chance, but if that doesn't happen then it will probably be an ungly game...I'd love to see GC pull off the upset...but Gretna is a powerhouse...going to be hard to pull this one off.

Well the good news for GC is they will hit them in the teeth from the start, because thats what we do. The offense is totally diferent from the first three games when they were trying to run the spread. Thank goodness we got out of that phase or whatever it was.

With that said i hope we get the ball first so we can try and grind it out, because we are not a come from behind team. One TD is not bad but we really need to get ahead and use the "3 yds and a cloud of dust" theory.

Oh well, we will show up and play hard and hope we get a few breaks. With the exception of a few GC is really young and this was a bonus year, so we are really pumped to be in the title game.

How many folks are gonna make the trek over to Salem to watch the games? How many are going to Liberty to watch the Tornado?

Everything said is true. We are pretty fast this year as usual. We run the shotgun spread with 4 or 5 receivers. Our QB is a freshman that is (amazingly) following in the footsteps of Vic Hall. We have a great running back in Teon Bennett. Everyone talks about the numbers we put up on offense but the strength of our team is our defense, which has pitched 6 shutouts this year. So what is the info with Gate City? They must have something going to be playing in the state championship game. Sounds like some people on here aren't giving them a chance but you best believe Gretna will not take them lightly. And as for the post about the coach being a prick & running up the score, whatever happened to playing till the final whistle blows? or does that just count if you are losing?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

i would like to see gate city beat them,but i predict 45-21 gretna.

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't be that close...

[/ QUOTE ]

no it probably wont.but Gate City has suprised me this year.maybe just maybe Gretna will have a bad day.

• 2 months later...

[ QUOTE ]

They are very good, very hard to stop and very well coached. I did not think Gate City would lose that bad but Gretna is outstanding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gate City already lost that bad.52-0 in the state championship.outstanding?oh yeah their that alright.and dont see anyone beating them in 2008 either.