Richlands and Monticello schedules and results

GMan

[ QUOTE ]

monticello has one loss by one point in overtime to a very good DIV.4 courtland team.make no mistake monticello is for real.and will put some points on Richlands.question is,hows Richlands gonna respond if they get behind by a couple TDs?we will find out how good they are then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i can remember back last year when we were suppose to be ran over by a guy named Marcus Mayo(QB from Rockbridge Co.)...and he was pretty much shut down(running the ball) the whole game. Trust me, the kid is going to show some moves and who knows, might run right over us, but i doubt it, the D the past few years has been able to control the run game pretty decent and to good backs too. Prolly nothing to the caliber of this kid, but my money is on our D. But who knows, we will see on saturday, i hope we stay focused, thats the only thing that matter. If we(Richlands) can do what we've done the past 3-4 weeks, i think we will be just fine.

[ QUOTE ]

monticello has one loss by one point in overtime to a very good DIV.4 courtland team.make no mistake monticello is for real.and will put some points on Richlands.question is,hows Richlands gonna respond if they get behind by a couple TDs?we will find out how good they are then.

[/ QUOTE ] We've already found out how good they are...they're in the state finals!

Mayo was nasty. the only reason he went to Ferrum and not a big school was because they assured him he'd be able to play basketball and football. As for shutting him down, I remember him having some pretty good stats last year in that game. Im not sure, but its what I remember.

[ QUOTE ]

your stupid.mayo is what kept that game close.he dam near beat yall last year alone.idiot.i was at the game and mayo was clearly the best athlete on the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about Graham, but at Richlands, we were taught that all sentences begin with capital letters and should be double spaced before starting a new one. Hey 56, don't pay any mind to ghs84. He refers to everybody as "idiot." I think there are some insecurity issues with him.

[ QUOTE ]

Mayo was nasty. the only reason he went to Ferrum and not a big school was because they assured him he'd be able to play basketball and football. As for shutting him down, I remember him having some pretty good stats last year in that game. Im not sure, but its what I remember.

[/ QUOTE ]

mayo was a terrific football player.didnt know he went to ferrum.

Mr Renolds is not an idiot, Mayo is a good athlete, but not the best on that day. Maybe 3rd. Austin Fuller turned someones head that day as well as a few others who are now or soon will be playing at the next level.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands (769)

8/24 Gate City 17-0 W

8/31 @ Honaker 39-0 W

9/7 @ Powell Valley 27-19 W

9/14 Abingdon 20-14 W

9/21 Graham 13-18 L

9/28 @ Tazewell 49-14 W

10/5 @ Marion 16-14 W

10/12 OPEN

10/19 Bluefield 13-16 L

10/26 @ Carroll Co. 34-6 W

11/2 Grundy 47-14 W

11/9 OPEN

11/16 Patrick Co.* 49-14 W

11/23 Marion** 39-20 W

12/1 Brookville*** 24-14 W

Offense Ave: 29.8 Defense Ave: 12.5

Monticello (1143)

8/24 OPEN

8/31 OPEN

9/7 Albemarle 48-20 W

9/14 @ King George 28-21 W

9/21 Powhatan 35-21 W

9/28 @ Orange 61-42 W

10/5 @ Louisa Co. 35-7 W

10/12 @ Courtland 41-42 OT L

10/19 Western Albemarle 39-13 W

10/26 Fluvanna 62-0 W

11/2 William Monroe 42-8 W

11/9 @ Charlottesville 55-22 W

11/16 Handley* 21-17 W

11/23 Millbrook** 56-34 W

12/1 Poquoson*** 46-7 W

Offense Ave: 43.8 Defense Ave: 19.5

[/ QUOTE ]

Those numbers look eerily similar to the ones that King George put up in '95 and a Graham team with two losses walked away with the title on that day. Don't put much stock in the stats when a state title is on the line...Richlands has a very big thing going for them...they played in this game last year...Should be a good one. Richlands will have to be physical...it's a different brand of football that they play...finesse vs. Physical should be interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see the '95 KG/Graham game but didn't the weather and field conditions heavily favor Graham that day? I'm not positive but did Graham go all four playoff games without completing a pass?

[ QUOTE ]

your stupid.mayo is what kept that game close.he dam near beat yall last year alone.idiot.i was at the game and mayo was clearly the best athlete on the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there too, and why did HE keep that game close?...wat did he do that game???...he threw the ball a couple times and half of those were incomplete or intercepted. Ya know, i guess i am an idiot for even replying to you.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands (769)

8/24 Gate City 17-0 W

8/31 @ Honaker 39-0 W

9/14 Abingdon 20-14 W

9/21 Graham 13-18 L

9/28 @ Tazewell 49-14 W

10/5 @ Marion 16-14 W

10/12 OPEN

10/19 Bluefield 13-16 L

11/2 Grundy 47-14 W

11/9 OPEN

11/23 Marion** 39-20 W

Monticello (1143)

8/24 OPEN

8/31 OPEN

9/7 Albemarle 48-20 W

9/21 Powhatan 35-21 W

9/28 @ Orange 61-42 W

10/5 @ Louisa Co. 35-7 W

10/26 Fluvanna 62-0 W

11/16 Handley* 21-17 W

12/1 Poquoson*** 46-7 W

[/ QUOTE ]

Those numbers look eerily similar to the ones that King George put up in '95 and a Graham team with two losses walked away with the title on that day. Don't put much stock in the stats when a state title is on the line...Richlands has a very big thing going for them...they played in this game last year...Should be a good one. Richlands will have to be physical...it's a different brand of football that they play...finesse vs. Physical should be interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see the '95 KG/Graham game but didn't the weather and field conditions heavily favor Graham that day? I'm not positive but did Graham go all four playoff games without completing a pass?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the weather was horrible that day (cold and rainy) but the field conditions didn't favor either team. KG wanted to postpone the game until Sunday because of the weather condidtions but Coach Carlock would have none of that and said he and his team and fans were there to play on Saturday so the game went on as scheduled. I actually think there were a couple of other Championship games postponed until Sunday that year (lots of snow/sleet/freezing rain in the mountains). That was one of the major reasons games are now held at neutral sites.

Graham was built for speed that season...they had a couple of small, fast running backs who they tried to get to the outside on every play and the line wasn't overly huge except for that Mullins kid that went to UVA.

King George was basically the same type of team with a very potent running attack also having two good running backs (both named John Parker...one went by Jonathan)...pretty sure they ran the Delaware Wing T offense.

It was a very good, competitive game that was in doubt until the middle of the fourth quarter when Graham took the lead but KG never gave up and Graham had to play some good defense in the last minutes of the game to hold on for the victory.

I don't remember if they went all four games without completing a pass but I do know they didn't attempt one in the Championship game. And they had a pretty good, smart QB that season to who never made mistakes.

In addtion to what I said earlier, Blues need to cash in on all trips to the red zone. Against Brook they went into the red zone 2 or 3 times and could not punch it in. They have had that problem all year, but the offensive has came along way since the beg of the year.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands (769)

8/24 Gate City 17-0 W

8/31 @ Honaker 39-0 W

9/14 Abingdon 20-14 W

9/21 Graham 13-18 L

9/28 @ Tazewell 49-14 W

10/5 @ Marion 16-14 W

10/12 OPEN

10/19 Bluefield 13-16 L

11/2 Grundy 47-14 W

11/9 OPEN

11/23 Marion** 39-20 W

Monticello (1143)

8/24 OPEN

8/31 OPEN

9/7 Albemarle 48-20 W

9/21 Powhatan 35-21 W

9/28 @ Orange 61-42 W

10/5 @ Louisa Co. 35-7 W

10/26 Fluvanna 62-0 W

11/16 Handley* 21-17 W

12/1 Poquoson*** 46-7 W

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the weather was horrible that day (cold and rainy) but the field conditions didn't favor either team. KG wanted to postpone the game until Sunday because of the weather condidtions but Coach Carlock would have none of that and said he and his team and fans were there to play on Saturday so the game went on as scheduled. I actually think there were a couple of other Championship games postponed until Sunday that year (lots of snow/sleet/freezing rain in the mountains). That was one of the major reasons games are now held at neutral sites.

Graham was built for speed that season...they had a couple of small, fast running backs who they tried to get to the outside on every play and the line wasn't overly huge except for that Mullins kid that went to UVA.

King George was basically the same type of team with a very potent running attack also having two good running backs (both named John Parker...one went by Jonathan)...pretty sure they ran the Delaware Wing T offense.

It was a very good, competitive game that was in doubt until the middle of the fourth quarter when Graham took the lead but KG never gave up and Graham had to play some good defense in the last minutes of the game to hold on for the victory.

I don't remember if they went all four games without completing a pass but I do know they didn't attempt one in the Championship game. And they had a pretty good, smart QB that season to who never made mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I also remember about 2500 or more Graham fans making the trip anyway, despite the snowy travel conditions. The funniest thing I ever saw at a football game happened there. Some of the King George teens wanted to come over and start some trouble or something, came over and started taunting some of our fans, calling them red-necks and even sat down on our side...Then about a dozen or so Graham fans dressed in their camo and orange "asked" them to leave and I never saw anybody get up and run to the other side faster...ever.

Mayo was not the best athlete on the field that day, the two best athletes on the field that day were Austin Fuller and the Wide receiver from Rockbridge County. Obviously Fuller did something right shortly after that game the Division I offers came in.

[ QUOTE ]

Mayo was not the best athlete on the field that day, the two best athletes on the field that day were Austin Fuller and the Wide receiver from Rockbridge County. Obviously Fuller did something right shortly after that game the Division I offers came in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I think Mayo was the best "athlete" on the field...as far as football player? Maybe not.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I think Mayo was the best "athlete" on the field...as far as football player? Maybe not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mayo was probably the fastest player on the field, but certainly not the best athlete on the field.

Mayo had D-1 offers too. the only reason he went to Ferrum was because they assured him he could play basketball and football.

and as far as Fuller getting 'offerS', I only saw where he got one offer and that was from VT. what other offers did he get?