Guest BEAVERTAIL

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Does their kicker suck or are they just trying to run the score up?

[/ QUOTE ]

believe it is the kicker.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands fans have nothing to be upset about. If I had a nickle for everytime bluefield made it to wheeling and lost. I'd have 4 nickles

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately you would have more than that buddy...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

richlands scores again, 36-22. there is still a slight schance with 4 minutes left...

[ QUOTE ]

Actually there was a slight change to the NFHS rules this year about the holder. This effecteda all states but Texas and Massachuesetts if I am not mistaken. Mainly to clarify things a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really not much difference from what I said. The holder can pick up the ball and run/pass it but cant pitch or hand the ball off unless his knee is off the ground.

36-22 final.Richlands had a great year.Austin Fuller your a heck of a ball player,and looking forward to seeing you play for the hokies on saturdays.i know im going to get slammed by some people from richlands but thats fine i really dont care.but the blues have nothing to be ashamed of.3 straight trips to lynchburg is very difficult,and it takes special people(players and coaches)to do it.not many players can say they played in 3 state title games.you guys can.good luck to the SR.s

Just got back from Lynchburg. The biggest difference today was the QB play on both sides. Monticello's QB had all day in the pocket and made the plays. He's big kid (6'6") with decent speed and good accuracy, especially throwing on the move. Elswick had a rough afternoon, under-throwing open deep receivers the entire game. Fuller had his man beat deep countless times, but when Elswick tried throwing that way the ball was always underthown. Fuller made a number of great plays on the ball to either catch it or keep it from getting picked off. Elswick also telegraphed his passes, especially in the second half. Another biggest thing was the fact that the playmaker, Fuller, didn't touch the football enough today.

I hope Richlands' players keep their heads high. They hung in there and played hard until the end of the game. In the end though, it was turnovers and penalities that hurt them the most (not to take anything away from Monticello. They are a very good team.)

I'll be excited to see Fuller playing for the Hokies and I'm sure he'll be a valuable asset to the team. He made some outstanding plays today and is a real clutch player.

Congratulations to Richlands for making it to the title game and for exhibiting a lot of heart and guts. Best of luck to you next season.

Just got back from Lynchburg (after a few detours on the way home). What a ball game. Richlands was done in the third Quarter...but they found a way to come back and at least make it interesting. Monticello was simply the better team today, nothing to be ashamed of for the Blues...they played with heart, and they played very well. But in the end Monticello was just better.

I question Monticello’s coaching calls after they were up 36-6 and 36-14. It was like they wanted to give us a chance to get back in it. I believe it was in the late third or early fourth quarter and Monty was up by 22, they ran a reverse wide receiver pass that could have been picked off. Then late in the fourth they had 2nd and about fifteen with around 3:30 to go and they attempt to pass the ball and in doing do the QB scrambles and then runs out of bounds. Then on third down they attempt to pass again and we get a sack deep in their own territory. I’m just not sure why they didn’t run the ball and let the clock run down. They could have ran the entire fourth quarter and we would have never gotten the ball back. It was crazy, I really think they just wanted to run the score up...but it was fine with me because it made the game a lot closer.

Congrats to the Tornados on a great season!! You all have nothing to be ashamed of!

[ QUOTE ]

36-22 final.Richlands had a great year.Austin Fuller your a heck of a ball player,and looking forward to seeing you play for the hokies on saturdays.i know im going to get slammed by some people from richlands but thats fine i really dont care.but the blues have nothing to be ashamed of.3 straight trips to lynchburg is very difficult,and it takes special people(players and coaches)to do it.not many players can say they played in 3 state title games.you guys can.good luck to the SR.s

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would any Richalnds fans "slam" you? That’s probably the nicest thing I have ever heard you say about the Blues. lol laugh.gif Thanks 84.

BTW, I set beside a very nice gentle man from Bluefield, Va. (Graham fan) at the game. He was very supportive of the Blues and was cheering for them all the way. I think he may have been an ex coach of some sort. He said his son played for graham in the early/mid 90s. I didn’t catch his name. But a very nice gentleman...see they aren’t all bad! wink.gif

Just want to thank you guys for all your support. I do not have a kid on this years team but the door was wide open for all of you to rip these kids' hearts out and you showed a lot of class by giving them kind words and encouragement.

Thanks again form a member of "The Blue Neck Nation"

HOW 'BOUT THEM BLUES???????????

The last three years a First and 2 seconds in the State. Ain't bad for a bunch of clodhoppers from the middle of nowhere. Thanks for all the memories guys.