Bud Foster?

rabidbeaver

[ QUOTE ]

Just checked fligtAware.com and a flight from Blacksburg departed at 12:07pm to arrive in Morgantown at 12:53pm.Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might just be a coincidence, but it's definitely a possibility that it could be it. If it's more than a coincidence, you get an A+ for solid investigation!

Of course, I hope he signs with the Mountaineers as soon as possible! He deserves it after his lengthy stint with Beamer. Many other Virginians would be happy for him, too.

I really hope he dosnt end up at WVU. I wouldnt blame him at all for going, but I would be torn. I dont think I could stand to cheer for WVU, however I would really hope that Bud has success wherever he goes. I would really like him to just stay at Tech and take over after Beamer retires in a few years.

BTW, how on earth did you find that flight? Is that just a hobby of yours, to check flights... or were you just looking to see if there was a flight from Blacksburg to Morgantown? Very nice find...you should call ESPN. lol

Please don't think I'am some type of intelligent guy because if you ask any of my friends they will tell you different.LOL. Seriously though that is the reason I said at the end of my comment "just a thought"...could be just a coincidence.

P.S. I got my information from going to Blue-Gold news.com.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. I got my information from going to Blue-Gold news.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

now i dont believe what you said at all...haha

I would love to see Bud Foster stick around in Blacksburg, but I can't really blame him for wanting to take the step to the next level. His dream is to be the head coach at VT and I think that the day Beamer decides to retire then Bud will be right back on the doorstep wanting and the Tech job, and rightfully so.

My perfect scenario would be for Tech to do exactly what Florida State did with Bowden and Jimbo Fisher and give him a pay increase along with future promise to the HC job.

I don't blame Bud for wanting to be the top dog at a program, but just not at WVU! He will have to get a little work done to his tattoo if he does though, because I don't think it would fly in Morgantown.

From a Hokie, take Terry Bowden! wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I would love to see Bud Foster stick around in Blacksburg, but I can't really blame him for wanting to take the step to the next level. His dream is to be the head coach at VT and I think that the day Beamer decides to retire then Bud will be right back on the doorstep wanting and the Tech job, and rightfully so.

My perfect scenario would be for Tech to do exactly what Florida State did with Bowden and Jimbo Fisher and give him a pay increase along with future promise to the HC job.

I don't blame Bud for wanting to be the top dog at a program, but just not at WVU! He will have to get a little work done to his tattoo if he does though, because I don't think it would fly in Morgantown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Terry Bowden told ESPN radio today that it is a dream of his to head coach at WVU. hmmmmmmmmmm

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Terry Bowden told ESPN radio today that it is a dream of his to head coach at WVU. hmmmmmmmmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

Well hopefully his alarm clock will go off and the dream will be over!

[ QUOTE ]

Just checked fligtAware.com and a flight from Blacksburg departed at 12:07pm to arrive in Morgantown at 12:53pm.Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that flight was today I don't see how it was possible to be Bud. We had meetings at 1 and practice at 2.

[ QUOTE ]

It's a plane of Robert Yates Racing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did anyone look at the flight history of this plane? Lots of trips between North Carolina, South Carolina, and Alabama...the heart of racing country. The fact that it went from Blacksburg to Morgantown is merely coincidence...well timed and thought provoking for many, but only coincidence...

I totally agree with you. VT needs to go ahead and give Bud that nice lil pay increase to keep him around. Bud has done tremendous things with the VT defense and they would suffer a terrible loss if he left. Howeveer, Bud does deserve to move on to the next level. He is a great coach. I think that if they go ahead and give him his raise with and also promise him Beamer's spot, he would be a fool to leave. VT is a great team whether people like them or not and they have a better shot at winning a NC than WVU does. Dont get me wrong WVU fans, but the Mountaineers has had several chances to be there and blew it, ie: they could have been there this year but choked against Pitt. One thought though, it seems to me that game was rigged seeing as though Rich Rod wanted to leave. That game seemed funny to me. Also for Pat White to miss darn near the whole game due to a messed up finger on the OPPOSITE hand, funny isnt it. Money is the root of all evil, however it could be a good thing in order for VT to keep Bud around for a while. I would much rather succeed Beamer than Rich Rod.

Just a little tidbit from BlogBoy...

http://hamptonroads.com/blogs/kyle-tucker

Foster finds cash in his stocking ...

Dec 17 07 3:13 PM

While I don’t have anything new to report on the West Virginia situation, I just spoke with Tech AD Jim Weaver and have some news on that raise for Foster.

“It’s definitely going to happen,” Weaver said. “His base salary will go to $350,000.”

Weaver said Foster’s base this year was roughly $277,000 and with bonuses for Tech playing in a BCS bowl he made about $300,000.

“We think he’s an outstanding defensive coordinator, if not the best in the country,” Weaver said. “And we want him to stay.”

Weaver said he has not considered giving Foster a Jimbo Fisher-type deal. Fisher, Florida State’s offensive coordinator, was recently named Bobby Bowden’s successor as the Seminoles’ head coach – whenever Bowden decides to retire.

“I think that’s a different situation,” Weaver said. “I think it’s very premature to do that at Virginia Tech, because I expect Frank to be our coach for a long time yet. Frank is 60-ish and Bobby is close to 80. I can understand why they did that, to provide consistency for recruiting, so kids know who will be there.

“But Bud might be the head coach somewhere else next year, or the year after, so something like that is premature for us at this point.”

On the subject of Foster throwing his name in for the West Virginia head-coaching job: “We want Bud to stay, but people work very hard in the business to advance. I did. Coach Beamer has. And if that’s what Bud wants, we want him to accomplish that at some point in his career.”

That makes things sound alot better at VT. Like I said before, I would hate for Bud to leave VT. I agree with Weaver also, it would be VERY premature for them to add a deal for Bud to be Beamer's successor. Beamer is in his prime of coaching right now and would be crazy to retire so early in his career. I feel as though Beamer is the next Bobby Bowden as far as being one of the winningest coaches in college history. VT has a winning season almost every year, despite some of the upsets that they have had and they will get at least NC while Beamer is their coach as long as they continue to play strong football. Yeah they have oonly been to 1 national championship and lost to FSU but they are very deserving to go to another one and very well may have a winning result. This year COULD have been a prime example. That loss to BC screwed them of going this year. They will be there.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a disaster. Bowden can't coach his way off of the toilet seat.

[ QUOTE ]

Just a little tidbit from BlogBoy...

http://hamptonroads.com/blogs/kyle-tucker

Foster finds cash in his stocking ...

Dec 17 07 3:13 PM

While I don’t have anything new to report on the West Virginia situation, I just spoke with Tech AD Jim Weaver and have some news on that raise for Foster.

“It’s definitely going to happen,†Weaver said. “His base salary will go to $350,000.â€

Weaver said Foster’s base this year was roughly $277,000 and with bonuses for Tech playing in a BCS bowl he made about $300,000.

“We think he’s an outstanding defensive coordinator, if not the best in the country,†Weaver said. “And we want him to stay.â€

Weaver said he has not considered giving Foster a Jimbo Fisher-type deal. Fisher, Florida State’s offensive coordinator, was recently named Bobby Bowden’s successor as the Seminoles’ head coach – whenever Bowden decides to retire.

“I think that’s a different situation,†Weaver said. “I think it’s very premature to do that at Virginia Tech, because I expect Frank to be our coach for a long time yet. Frank is 60-ish and Bobby is close to 80. I can understand why they did that, to provide consistency for recruiting, so kids know who will be there.

“But Bud might be the head coach somewhere else next year, or the year after, so something like that is premature for us at this point.â€

On the subject of Foster throwing his name in for the West Virginia head-coaching job: “We want Bud to stay, but people work very hard in the business to advance. I did. Coach Beamer has. And if that’s what Bud wants, we want him to accomplish that at some point in his career.â€

[/ QUOTE ]

Chump Change compared to what he'd be making as head coach....

Well me and one of my good friends were talking and he as a tech fan does not want to see Foster leave and is very high on him but the bottom line is i dont want to see him go to wvu to just leave as soon as Beamer leaves VT so i think they are a whole lot of nice coaches interested to just put a bandage on it to just be back in the same boat in e few years . . .

[ QUOTE ]

That would be a disaster. Bowden can't coach his way off of the toilet seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Terry is a better coach than Tommy...just not the most moral person in the world...but I guess he gets that from Daddy.

Terry Bowden's coaching record: 111-53-2 .675

Salem College: 19-13-0 .594

Samford University: 45-23-1 .659

Auburn University: 47-17-1 .731

Tommy is 87-44, .664, in 11 years as a head coach at Clemson (9) and Tulane (2).

He had good players "given" to him at Auburn, so I wouldn't count his record while there. Besides, he's been out of it for 8 years... By the way, about labeling what I had to say as "old" news about Bud Foster. I didn't see this other thread, it was on the 2nd page at the time. Sorry, BDST did have something "different" about the situation, a direct quote from Foster.

This is straight from Fosters personal website.

Hello Hokies!!

I'd like to take this opportunity to give you all my reaction to all the recent 'rumors' going on since last week. You all deserve to hear it from me. First, as you all know, my goal is to be head coach. Obviously, Virginia Tech is where I'd like to be, however, my agent and I look at each opportunity as it arises and weigh those opportunities against my personal and professional goals.

South Carolina

There were many rumors late last week and through this weekend about the defensive coordinator position at South Carolina. I offered my opinion this past Saturday on the subject during media day - I am staying put with the Hokies. Coach Beamer and I discussed this in detail and I'll say again, it is within my best interest to stay with Virginia Tech.

West Virginia

Yes, there are many rumors about the head coach position now vacated by Coach Rodriguez. And yes, my name is on the list as we have submitted it. Please be aware that this is done a LOT amongst coaches throughout the league - to test the waters, to test the reaction of other programs as well as our own and help myself gain experience and knowledge of the coaching recruiting process. Now, my name being submitted to the 'pool of applicants' does not mean very much right now. It's an inquiry.

Remember, this is the time of year for these types of rumors - Programs and fans alike all call for changes to the 'top guy' when things don't go well or simply something needs to change. Hey, remember what I've said all along and still believe today - I work for the best Head Coach in the nation in Coach Beamer.

Now - You should also know that my focus right now is Virginia Tech football. I am totally committed to Virginia Tech football and ensuring our defense is ready to play an excellent football game against a great Kansas team down in the Orange Bowl in January. I hope you all can make it to Miami - it's going to be a great game!

http://blog.lunchpaildefense.com/2007/12/18/message-from-coach.aspx